Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Inland Empire forum

INLAND EMPIRE EDITIONS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2007 12:48:01 PM PDT
j. brumby says:
oh christ here we go again....

Product details:
* Format: Pal
* Region: Region 2
* Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
* Number of discs: 2
* DVD Release Date: September 3, 2007
* Audio: English (Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1) French (Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1)
* ASIN: B000QQFKYE
SRP €24.99

DVD 1:
#Film with exclusive chapter menu, "Lynch-kit", designed by Michel Chion based on his book David Lynch.

DVD 2:
# The Air Is On Fire : Interview with David Lynch by Michel Chion
# Guardian/NFT interview with David Lynch
# A Short Interview in London
# Behind the scenes

2) EDITION SUPER-COLLECTOR
(visual TBA)
SRP €79.99

Box set including:
# same DVD set as the "edition collector"
# The Air is on Fire 450 pages book from the Fondation Cartier exhibition, including the conversation companion CD.
# A film poster
# Exclusive CD with extracts from the INLAND EMPIRE soundtrack

(sources:
DVDRAMA
DVD Bonus
Fnac.com
Amazon.fr)

A few personal thoughts:

*The sites I checked that mentioned the exlusive CD included in the "super-collector" box set all specified it was a CD with "extracts" from the soundtrack, so I would expect it to be a small sampler, or EP, with 5 or 6 tracks. It'll still be nice to have this if the official INLAND EMPIRE OST keeps being delayed because of copyright reasons.

*DVDRAMA, one of the earliest and most extensive source (check out the article, the cover pic is huge so I decided not to post it here) ends their piece with the following quote:
"Note that [Studio Canal] had announced, even before its theater release, that INLAND EMPIRE would also be available in HD-DVD . This should be confirmed -or not- soon."
In the comments section someone mentions the absurdity of releasing a film shot in low-def with such distinct pixelisation and artefacts in HD-DVD, as we shouldn't expect to get anything more out of the image on this format than on a regular DVD. I have to say this was also my reaction to the news/rumor.

* The "super-collector" edition is an ok deal for someone who hasn't purchased the Air is on Fire catalogue seperately. Still, as buying the book and the DVD set seperately amounts to €75, I hope the audio CD doesn't get pulled out at the last minute, or people would just pay the extra €5 for the packaging. I still hope it's going to be a nice-looking one.

adding this to all of the releases of the twin peaks set and the gold box coming out (the second season dvds just came out it seems!) and all of the sets of different extras....jesus, how many fudging editions of something do we have to buy???

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2007 3:02:57 PM PDT
exactly.i'll probably just wait for the full set and give my 2nd season(still unopened)to somebody as a gift since i hear their quality is lacking in areas.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Inland Empire forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions