5.0 out of 5 stars great buy!!!
Published on January 10, 2012 by Boti

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but frequent maintenance needed.
Published 17 months ago by Vernon Loke

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy!!!, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
I wanted a better quality , not too pricey snowboard rack for my Jeep, I was very sceptical about this product because of one bad review that it had from a buyer...but i'm glad that I still went ahead and got it. I think INNO products are good in general, this snowboard rack looks great , its engineered fantastic, I mounted it in less then 15 minutes without using any tools. Arrived in 2 days, (I live in WI and it came from IN), has a locking system and fits very nice and tight on my square bars. Im really happy with the purchase !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
First off I would like to say, this product comes with TWO closing racks NOT just one. This may have seemed obvious to some people but i assumed from the pictures and the lack of a mention on the page that I had to order two of these.

That being said, this product is excellent for the money. I just brought a pair or skis and poles 140 miles on the highway driving around 75 with little to no whistling or howling.

I mounted these to my Rola roof bars on my 2012 Hyundai Accent and although the fit is a bit snug, they seem very solidly attached.

Reasons for 4 stars instead of 5:
-The bolts could be a tad longer because with 1" bars you grab almost none of the thread. I am scared that enough pressure might actually strip it even though it has been fine thus far.
-The top latching part feels a bit flimsy, but since it does not actually have to support any weight (Just holds skis) this is not an issue.

Other than these few things, if you are looking for the cheapest ski/snowboard rack out there that actually works, this is your product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, strong roof rack, March 24, 2012
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
I bought this rack for a trip with some friends. The installation was a breeze, very easy to put it on my 2003 Grand Cherokee. I loaded it with 2 snowboards and a pair of skis, with room for another pair of skis if we had needed it. The rack was solid, no wobbles or weak points that I could see. We drove for 5 hours there and 5 hours back without any issues. Our gear was securely locked in place the entire trip. I am very happy with the construction of this rack, the ease of installation, and the ease of use. Being able to lock the rack is nice if you need to leave the car to use the bathroom or something like that. Gives you a little extra piece of mind that your gear won't be stolen, at least not easily!

I recommend this rack to anyone looking for an affordable ski rack without a lot of bells and whistle, although I'm not sure why you would need anything more. This rack was perfect for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
Works like and ski rack should and is lockable! No point paying double for a rack that does exactly the same thing. Fits perfectly on my 4runner cross bars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job!, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
Great product for a great price. Easy to install and easy to use. Even goes through the car wash just fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but frequent maintenance needed., February 4, 2013
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
The rack is reasonable for the price, but soon you will need to spend more money to get replacement parts!!! The rack has a locking cap attachment, which functions to keep the clamp (to the cross-bar) from unbecoming undone while in transit. Good idea, except the screw and nut assembly that holds the locking cap in place, may fail. I have my rack installed less than a month ago, and I have already lost one of the caps. I suspect this was because the threads of the nut (or screw) became bald, and could no longer hold the locking cap in place. I called customer support, and was told the locking cap, nut and screw were items that are commonly lost by users. Was also told to check and tighten the screws often, as they frequently become undone from the vehicle's vibrations. Cost me more than $10 to have my missing part replaced!!! Does not matter that the rack is brand spanking new (so much for customer service). So if you are getting this, be prepared to check and tighten your screws frequently, or the replacement parts will soon cost more than the rack itself.

As another user commented, I also had issues in below freezing temperatures (which is most of the time if you are skiing, isn't it). In addition to the locking issue, the rubber pads becomes stiff and may not grip your equipment well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, inexpensive rack; some installation tips, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
This is well made, basic, inexpensive ski rack. The picture currently only shows one closing rack, but you do get two - exactly what you need. The racks attach to crossbars; if your car does not already have them, you will need to purchase them separately. For factory crossbars (that have a cross section shaped like a skinny oval), the instructions state they can handle up to about 3.5"/99 mm wide and 1.7"/45 mm high. They attached perfectly fine to my Subaru Forester with factory crossbars.

The cradle jaws on the are set up to handle stacked skis up to 2.0"/50 mm thick on the side that opens, and up to 1.5"/38 mm on the hinge size. This capacity to handle thick gear makes the rack much easier to close and open than some other inexpensive racks.

This rack does lock, but a determined thief could probably smash the appropriate parts plastic to be able to detach the clamps from the crossbars. Alternatively, a determined thief could use a hex wrench to detach the crossbars from the side rails attached the car. I consider this rack completely adequate for use for a restaurant break on a long trip - assuming in a well lit parking lot, with a decent number of people coming and going. But, for an overnight stop I would take my gear out of the rack and stow it either indoors or in the car.

The installation instructions could use a few tweaks to make things simpler and/or clearer. Here are my suggestions for other new users.
1) For the first step of installation, open *one* of the racks and remove the two locking covers from it. (Part #5 in diagram in step 1.) Attach the mounting clips (step 4). Put the locking covers back on. (This is just for reference.) Repeat for the other rack.
2) Open *one* of the racks and remove the two locking covers from it and keep the rack open until the end of step 5. (I recommend installing this rack completely before working on the second one.)
3) For step 5.1, you can loosen the knob (rather than remove) and then pull the bolt sideways out though the slit in the lower plate of the clamp. (If you *do* need to remove any of the knobs at any point, when putting the knob back on, make sure to put the notched side of the knob on first, not the smooth side. Doing it the other direction makes it possible for the inner, metal nut to separate from the plastic knob, which took me a while to diagnose and fix; learn from my mistake.)
4) For step 5.3, the lever looks like a bird's head and it has the circular "eye" at the top of the head when it is in the locked position.

For removing the racks from your car, reverse the attachment steps:
1) open the rack (remove any gear), remove the locking covers
2) release the lever (from step 5.3) and *then* loosen the knobs

5.0 out of 5 stars Roof ski rack, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
It is everything a ski rack should be. Easy to put your vehicle and just as easy to remove. Word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Already very useful, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
I have not had this very long but it is already well worth it and with all the snow this year it has been very useful and it was easy to install quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powder Junky, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Inno Racks Gravity Snow Rack (Sports)
These racks are better than the ones you snort coke off at the strip club! Smart looking, functions with ease, priced right. They come in handy when you're eady to hit some powder too!

INNO Gravity Ski and Snowboard Roof Rack