Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: INSANITY Fast and Furious DVD Workout
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on April 15, 2011
I've been secretly wanting to try this workout for months but knew A. I wasn't in shape and B. there is no way I'm jumping on my floor (someone elses ceiling)but I was willing to give a 20 minute workout a try and for the price it's really a bargin. The warm up alone is heart racing and throught out the video Sean and one of the workout partners have to take a break (which doesn't make me feel bad) As for jumping up and down YEP they have it here but I just jog in place FAST and when the video is done I go INTO MY HALLWAY AND JUMP UP AND DOWN. You really work up a sweat quickly, and who doesn't have 20 minutes to spare (if your readingthis you have the time)even after a shower I'm sweating. It's worth the money and feel it the next day. I just wish they would come up with something that was apartment friendly but maybe it wouldn't be as effective. At the end of the video they have way to many endorsement for other products but hey it's still $20.00 for the disk. Great investment and I really like Sean as a teacher.
1616 comments|610 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
This will be the longest 21:47 minutes of your life & every second is worth it! I've lost inches and pounds in 30 days!! This is by no means a beginner work out and it's not for those who have no physical ability, however if you think you're ready, GO FOR IT & DON'T LOOK BACK! This is the most complete workout I've ever done on DVD and I'm so proud of my progress & so thankful to Shaun T! You never know how far you can go until you push yourself & dig deeper!
review image
on June 2, 2011
Finished my first try with this DVD a couple of hours ago, and had to make a review! Let me just start by telling you about my own workout levels: I have worked out 3-4 days per week for the last 5 years after gaining a ton of weight on college. I have done everything from Tae-Bo, to the 30-Day shred, to Zumba, to P90X.

I am one of those people that finds it very tough to lose the fat, but can build muscle quite easily. Recently, I completed the P90X 90-day DVD's and saw some decent results, however, I felt as if I looked a little bulky after it, as the muscle flew on, and the fat was a little slower to come off. P90X was a great workout, and I felt a ton better after it, but after I was done, I wanted something that was a little more intense on the cardio to complete the transformation.

I went with the Insanity, and decided to try the 20-minute workout before purchasing the bigger package. Wow, it was intense! Even the warm up was harder than most workouts I have done, and the cardio is intense from start to finish! I was SWEATING. Jumping, running, core work, ab work all in one fast and furious routine! Even the guys on the video want to give up a couple times (which makes you feel a little better, to be honest!)

Its a perfect workout to do when you are short on time, or if you want to add it to an ab workout. I am hoping adding this to my usual workouts will complete the fat loss I am looking for. So, far, it looks promising, and I would recommend this to anyone who needs a challenging cardio routine (but would recommend that you be in decent shape, first!)

Ladies: if you are large-chested like myself, a supportive bra is a MUST for this DVD!! Also for the ladies: the trainer is not half bad to look at ;) :)
33 comments|443 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I've worked out in some manner since I was 16 years old - running, weight training, yoga, aerobics, zumba, Jillian Michaels and more. At 47 and with hormone changes messing with my metabolism, the Insanity workout is giving me what I want - intense compacted cardiovascular workout, core strengthening and abs. It's the first workout that does all three for me. In addition, there's no fancy steps or routines - just good old fashioned conditioning! I feel like I'm a football player warming up for a game. Finally, I've challenged myself to go further with this workout than any other.
on January 27, 2012
So I did the 63 Day Challenge and I come from a workout background but I was stuck in a rut that prevented me from fully losing weight. So I tried INSANITY and seriously... it's INSANE. I only did one round (going to do two later). I didn't follow the diet they instructed so you couldn't tell from the frontal area how much I lost but I did lose about 10lbs. If I were to diet, it may had been more.

1. Fit Test: This IS a workout. You're trying to do as much as you can and it's so tiring. :P
2. Plyo - Yeah... good luck with that... it's good. You do get breaks.
3. Cardio Power/Resistance - I hate the arms part but I love it at the same time.
4. Cardio Recovery - you THINK it's recovery... no, it's a workout.
5. Pure Cardio - Okay, in the video Shaun T said he's scared of what's going to happen... YES. I became too.
6. Cardio Abs - great. I do them at the gym too.
7. Core Cardio & Balance - Getting harder.
8. Max Interval Circuit - Intense. Like Cross Fit
9. Max Interval Plyo - Your legs will burn
10. Max Cardio Conditioning - Yeah... I'm exhausted thinking about it...

Honestly... tough stuff but SO worth it. I found time to do it early in the morning and get it over with. I sweated like crazy from it. Worth it. If you don't sweat from this video, you're not doing it right.

Make sure you read the guides they give you.

The best part of this video is that you don't need any tools - no weights, no mats, no bands, etc. Just your own body strength.

If you need support, BeachBody.com or their Facebook page had helped me a lot. I made a cartoon comic of it to document my experience. It was a great experience.

If you follow the diet and exercise program and really PUSH yourself, you will see results.
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 27, 2011
**Full disclosure, I love the original Insanity workouts.**

So what is Insanity Fast and Furious?

Fast and Furious is the cure for those days that I don't have an hour to spare, but I should be doing Insanity with Ab Ripper X. Believe me, when I skip out on exercising I feel like crap for the rest of the day. This video nearly cuts the needed time in half and still leaves me drenched in sweat. Amazing for core days when you need to get in some good cardio beforehand, but time is limited.

Also, if you were considering doing Insanity and thought maybe it was too much... This could be a great starting point. Attempt to complete the Fast and Furious workout in its entirety for a week or two straight and you should be ready for month one of Insanity. You should probably throw in some abs every other day as well. It is never too early to start building your core. One day off a week wouldn't hurt either!

Great substitute for the full workout! It may be an even better starter for those wanting to start an Insane program, but may be a bit intimidated!

And if you purchase now I will also throw in... Ok Ok enough, I hope I have sold you. This is my one and only Amazon review and this is my primary shopping outlet, so that should tell you something.
33 comments|295 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2012
Creating a good workout video is harder than it looks. This sampler of the larger program does a poor job of communicating with the home audience. The instructor is certainly moving fast and driving the intensity. But, the audio engineers did not capture his voice well enough to let you hear what he is saying all of the time. The group also shifts exercises without telling you, hopefully you have your eyes on the screen to catch it.

Finally, the video has a long lead-in advertisement and a long Shakeology advertisement at the end.

The workout is only so-so. If you are going to spend $20, then get Supreme 90 Day. It contains 10 workout videos that are much better produced, provide a harder workout, and will keep you training for a year.

This DVD is more like a $5 promo for the entire course. Not worth the $22 they are charging for it.
on April 26, 2015
This 20 minute program rocks! It has a warm up in the beginning that gets the heart pumping, then goes into some stretching (which actually is a really great idea because it gives you time to catch your breath and prepare for what's ahead), then the real fun begins. It is fast paced and really pushes my limits; there are some exercises that get tough on my shoulders so I fill in with a different exercise from one of the other Shaun T videos I own. Then it ends with cool down stretching. There's a timeline at the bottom of the screen and tips about the exercises throughout the entire program. My favorite part about the program is that each person (Shaun T included) ends up taking a break at some point during the 20 minutes-- and that is sooooo refreshing to see on an exercise video!!! Finally, real people! (Ok, I'll give Shaun T a break on that because he does talk nonstop throughout the entire program, and that's pretty amazing.)
on January 17, 2015
I thought this work out wouldn't be that bad. After five minutes of this workout I realized I was seriously out of shape. I have done it about three times now and its getting easier and easier each time, but it is still a challenge. The jumps are difficult and I still can't do the push ups; but I keep trying. Its hard for at home work out videos to maintain my interest, but this one has so far. If you want a quick, but challenging workout this is the one for you. I especially liked that the actors doing the workout also have difficulties with the workout, it doesn't make me feel like such a weeny.
on September 27, 2012
I am a guy in (what I thought was) pretty good shape. But holy cow! This routine is crazy. I only got 12 minutes into it and had to stop. I saw some other reviews saying this sucked, or bad packaging, advertisements in the begining, etc. Ok, yea, just a cardboard sleeve package, who cares! It's not a zumba set. Yes there is an advertisement in the start, big deal. Yea, it is a low budget set but who cares, the workout is AWESOME.

I have never owned or have done the insanity workout package but this 20 Min DVD is worth every cent. If you want a good, short burn then go for it. Yes it is a no frills DVD but you're not looking for complete production value, you're looking for a WORKOUT! And this delivers. As far as the reviews warning you about this and the warning on the DVD, they are true, DO NOT jump into this! Unless you an 18 year old marine fresh out of boot camp then GO SLOW. I'm only 40 and weigh 150 pds and this wore me down quick.

So, if you want a straight up fat burning cardio work out in a short time, here you go.