5.0 out of 5 stars The Best NonBulky case for the iPad mini retina.
Published 9 months ago by StevenG

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Heavy
This is a nice case, fits well. but it weighs just over 5 ounces, so prior to putting this on the mini weights 12 oz, after, it feels significantly heavier. Too heavy for me considering it's almost half the weight of the mini!
Published 6 months ago by Dana R.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best NonBulky case for the iPad mini retina., December 2, 2013
This case covers both sides of the iPad mini retina. It hardly adds any thickness, it is light and the iPad fits snugly in the case. It feels so smooth and supple almost like real leather. The micro fiber cloth on the inside of the cover is so soft. The sleep/wake function works wonderfully. all ports, buttons and camera(s) are accessible/open. There is nothing wrong with this case. we just got it in the mail today and can't speak for its durability, however, it looks and feels durable. I've owned the larger version of this case for my iPad 4 for over a year and it is durable in everyday use. i hope it will be the same for this sleek diminutive. Lastly, it has 2 creases on the front cover which enables you to make the iPad to stand up in a stable horizontal position or lay in a nice reading angle horizontally. The cover folds all the way over to the back nicely and sticks to the back because of the magnet(s). I highly recommend it for those who don't like bulky cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars INVELLOP have done it again, January 1, 2014
This review is from: INVELLOP Black Leatherette Case Cover for Apple iPad mini & iPad mini retina display (also known as iPad mini 2 II) (Personal Computers)
I used the original INVELLOP case for the iPad mini 1, and I bought this newer version for the iPad mini with Retina Display.
Bottom line - I am very happy with this case for the iPad mini Retina. It has taken the good points of the original case, like the:
* slim form factor,
* folding stand (with magnets for locking the stand in place), which means you can position the case for typing or viewing,
* low weight,
* magnetic cover which awakens the iPad, holds the case front closed, and helps hold the front panel to the rear of the case when it is folded back on itself (for reading books, etc).
* professional look,
* comparatively cheap price.

For the new case, INVELLOP have improved a few things. But the new case isn't perfect (I don't think there is a 'perfect case').
It is worth noting several differences between the two cases (good and bad) that I have noticed after a month of use.

PROS
+ The material on the new case feels softer and nicer to touch (whilst maintaining its rigidity).
+ The new case offers more protection for the chamfered edge of the iPad.
+ The new case front cover folds more easily than the original (although the original case would fold very easily after a little bit of use and wearing in).
+ The new case costs the same as the original (it did when I bought it).
+ The material and stitching on the new case is better than the original. (the original case on the iPad mini 1 suffered cracks and fraying with use. I noticed these developing on the old case within a month or so. It didn't affect my use of the case, and I would still recommended it over others on the market. In comparison, after a month of use with the new case, I haven't noticed any cracks or fraying.

CONS
- The new case doesn't feel like it grips the iPad mini with Retina as tightly or securely as the old case gripped the iPad mini 1. (with that said, I'm not concerned that the iPad mini with Retina will fall out of the new case AT ALL, but the new case does feel noticeably less secure.)
- The new case's folding standing is less rigid than the first version. (again, the case still stands in either position just fine, but it can be 'toppled' more easily than the first version.)

In summary, the INVELLOP case for the iPad Mini with Retina is my favourite case, and I think the best case for the iPad mini with Retina. It is thin, light, looks professional, protects the iPad very well, and is supremely functional. I think it is the best value case out there, and I will continue to recommend this case to my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome snug fit, strong magnets, all features and stand positions work great, cutouts perfect!, December 2, 2013
Just put this new retina mini version on, I got black and my g/f got royal purple, looks like the case has been made slightly thicker and of course has the second mic cut out. I absolutely love it. This one has some improvements. There's a little bit more extra protection by the volume rocker, headphone jack, and sleep/wake button which i also think is great because my friend got some nicks on his original mini from the first version around those areas. Fit is great, nice n snug. Magnet sleep wake flap is nice and strong activates every time with ease. Also when you flip the flap to the back like a book it latches to itself using the same magnets. This version is specifically made for the new retina ipad mini, they didn't just add an extra hole for 2nd mic to old version cases. Well thought out new version. Was upgraded to priority mail but that's most likely because i ordered 2 at once. Such amazing form and function for the price. The new colors are fun too. Thanks!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works and looks great!, December 3, 2013
DaMacGuy (Honolulu, HI) - See all my reviews
This is the 3rd Invellop case I've bought. One for my old iPad 3, one for my wife's 1st gen iPad mini, and now one for my new Retina iPad mini. I've been very satisfied with the Invellop cases and this one is no exception. It fits snugly around the mini front and back, and doesn't add a lot of weight or bulk. It also adds grip, which I needed because the mini felt so slippery. Much more confident when I pick it up now.

The front cover folds up nicely into a stand for both upright and lay down positions, and lays flat and stays closed with the strong built-in magnets. The microfiber lining does help to clean the screen except where the folds are. Be careful to keep the lining clean because any dirt or grit it picks up will rub on your screen. This new version is a little thicker than the one on my wife's 1st mini, but not so thick as to be bulky. Adds a bit more protection. The buttons are a little more recessed because of the slight extra thickness, but still accessible. The cutouts for the buttons, ports, mics and camera are accurately placed and sizable enough to allow free access. The imitation leather material feels and looks good. Much nicer than you'd expect for the price.

I recommend these cases highly and didn't even look seriously at others before ordering it. I just had to wait until they came into stock. It was worth it, especially to get a different color from my wife's cover. Important now that we both have minis. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect folio case for me., December 24, 2013
I waited a couple days longer than the estimated arrival time, but nonetheless, I am very happy with my purchase. It stands up by itself very well when folded, the color is beautiful (I got Caribbean blue), and I'm a huge fan of the case being one piece, rather than depending on a magnet to hold the Smart Cover on the side of the device. The sleep/wake function works perfectly and the case snaps right onto the back of my mini retina. I'm so glad I didn't settle for a case that didn't have the extra cutout for the mic on the back of the ipad mini retina. The original ipad mini does not have this extra mic, but sellers are still trying to market the case like it's meant for both tablets. To some people this might not be a deal breaker, but for me it is. Thank you, INVELLOP, for seeing the difference!!! The quality of the case feels sturdy and I was confident enough to take it into public for the first time today. I highly recommend this case if you're looking for one at an economical price and has decent quality. Not to mention they come in so many colors!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, December 2, 2013
Wow, what a fantastic case for the money! I had read some of the criticisms of the non-retina version and it looks like the company has addressed most if not all of them. Time will tell how the case holds up and I'll update the review if needed. There's no stitching to come apart, the material looks to be combination of molded and glued in place. The front cover lays perfectly flat over the screen with no bulges or gaps. The ipad is securely held in place with just enough protection from typical day to day use. It feels (to me anyway) more premium than a $20 case and has great fit and finish. Very happy so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price!, December 6, 2013
Works well! Closing cover puts iPad mini 2013 in hibernation mode . Fits well adding little weight. Purple color attractive. Great value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, January 14, 2014
Bought this case last week and absolutely love it. Below are the high points while comparing to what I had researched or seen in competitors. Bottom line is that this case is worth paying a bit more for even though it still falls into the "discount" case category particularly when compared to Apple branded cases.
- The cut outs are in the right place and are very neat. Some of the other brands I looked at had holes that were hacked up looking.
- The magnets are good strength. My wife has a new Fintie case for her Air and the magnets let the case sag a bit on the two outside corners. This case holds the cover securely closed all the way.
- Possibly my favorite feature and definitely the reason I paid a bit extra to get this Invellop case was due to the case's ability to have the flap stick to the back when flipped fully open. This was the only "discount" case I found with that feature. In using my work iPad for years, this is a feature I wish old Smart Covers had (not sure about new Smart Covers but they cost a lot more).
- The stand functions perfectly in both positions without any break-in.
- The iPad Mini securely snaps into the back of the case and stays covered when using the stand positions. Some cases I researched had the two inside corners exposed when using the stand.
- The case is nice and slim without adding much bulk or weight to the Mini. This was a feature very important to me as well since one of the reasons to get a Mini is the light/slick form factor.

If I remember I'll try to update this review a few months out with regards to how it's holding up but, for now, I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend this case to anyone looking. The other cases I came close to getting were the Poetic and Fintie but the above bullets led me to the Invellop.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Case - Met All The Important Features, December 26, 2013
After reviewing a number of options available on the market I selected this case as it was the only one that met all the important features I was looking for in a case:

Multiple color options
Full opening for both speakers
Holes for both microphones
Magnets for awake/sleep function
Soft scratch-free microfiber interior
Value priced
Received a 5/5 rating by GadgetGuruHD

Upon opening the package after receipt, I detected defects along back edge of case. I communicated this with the supplier, INVELLOP, who quickly sent me a replacement cover.

I would definitely use this supplier again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid iPad Mini Retina Case, December 17, 2013
HS (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews
This is a very solid feeling case for the iPad Mini with Retina display. I had one of my iPad and this one feels even better. Couldn't ask for more.

Rate and Discover Movies