5.0 out of 5 stars Very slim, wake/sleep function works, amazing quality.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:04 Mins
My first impressions:
More than I expected. The case looks and feels very slim on the iPad mini. The leather feels like a real high quality leather even though it is a PU leather.
The magnets work fine on my iPad mini. The sleep/wake feature works great.

It has a solid back and a segmented front cover. The iPad snaps in to...
Published on November 8, 2012 by Irish Clarisa

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality
I came across this iPad case while browsing amazon and liked that it was completely in leather unlike some other cases that had plastic backs. It seemed sturdy and from the reviews I have read, was one of the best cases out in the market, not to mention the affordable price. But I guess you really do get what you pay for, because in less than a couple of months, the...
Published 19 months ago by J

5.0 out of 5 stars Very slim, wake/sleep function works, amazing quality., November 8, 2012
Length:: 2:04 Mins

My first impressions:
The magnets work fine on my iPad mini. The sleep/wake feature works great.

It has a solid back and a segmented front cover. The iPad snaps in to the back of the case by the corners. It leaves enough space for access to buttons and the speaker. It does not add a lot of weight or bulk, in my opinion.

Also a big surprise was when I saw that the front cover have magnets to hold it to the back cover when it is open all the way back like a book style. FYI the front and back covers are a whole piece, they do not separate.

The weight of the case is about 5oz.

While it is not designed to protect the iPad from a serious tumble, it looks quite sufficient to protect it from light scrapes and bumps. It will likely protect the iPad from the "dropping your keys on the screen" test. Not so much protection from the "dropping it down a flight of concrete stairs" test. As long as you take reasonable care of your iPad, the cover looks like it will protect it.

At the end I really like the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let this one get away!, December 19, 2012
When I ordered my iPad mini, I wanted to get a case that offers minimal protection against scratches & little bumps while I'm carrying it with me outside the house without adding too much bulk. I ordered this product (in Black since there weren't other colors available back then) as well as the apple smart cover & used both. Here are my findings:

Design:
- Leatherette; looks like leather but not as expensive, doesn't smell & really nice to hold.
- Very good craftsmanship, nice stitching, but time will tell..............
- Full coverage with precise cuts for all the ports/buttons/speakers.
- Nice felt interior with good grips for the iPad.
- Magnets that work PERFECTLY!
- Doesn't add too much bulk!

Function:
- It's easy to get the iPad in/out of this case. The grips are also very reliable. I'm planning on using a full body protection so I might update you on the fit with the protector skin installed. Either way, it's a great fit :)
- Sleep/wake function works flawlessly! I tried different brands on my other iPad (some were way more expensive) but weren't as good. In fact, if you try to move the cover slightly by sliding it around while it's closed, the screen will stay locked & won't go crazy due to the movement of the magnets like other cases do..
- Did I mention that magnets work perfectly? You should see the pictures I posted for yourself! It's amazing how everything is held together even when folding the cover as a grip/stand or simply folding it flat to the back of the iPad! So neat! ^_^
- The folds on this case are slightly different from those on apple's smart cover (see picture [...] This affects the angle of the iPad's screen while being propped for watching/typing, but also make a better grip for holding the iPad securely in portrait mode. The grip that this case provides was a huge plus for me since the smart cover wasn't as comfortable due to the awkward angle it makes (see picture [...] It's also more secure since the cover isn't held by magnets but rather stitched to the back case.

This case actually answers many of my concerns, especially when it comes to the grip where it excels. Between this & the apple's smart cover, This one is hands down better in almost every aspect - unless you're a minimalist who prefers using the iPad "naked", then you might prefer the smart cover ;)
This is not a baby-proof case, so don't count on too much protection. You might want to use a screen protecter with it just in case you were worried about accidental scratches, but I personally think it's enough for regular use just by itself.

I really don't know what else to say!
So far, everything about it is just so good! The price also is a STEAL!
I've watched & read lots of reviews on this product before I buy it, but none of them do it justice.. I'm really not trying to over-hype this little case, but this is coming after months of frustration with different cases for my iPad 1 & 2 :(
The only thing that I might worry about is how it holds up with regular use. I'll try to update in a couple of months..
Other than that.. For just 15 bucks, totally worth it! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this cover!, November 15, 2012
This is the third iPad Mini cover I have tried since they were released, and is the best so far!

It provides good all-around coverage of the back and sides, and the cover flap works perfectly- locking/unlocking my iPad Mini, and folding around to provide a stand. It also seems to be really high-quality, with good craftsmanship. It fits perfectly, and doesn't feel like it is going to come off easily. Access to the Lighting port and speakers, buttons, headphone jack, microphone and camera are all well-laid-out and functional. Just a great cover, and I like the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid design and good functionality, November 10, 2012
Fits great, nice leather appearance, strong magnets for the wake/sleep functions. You cant beat the price!! It just snaps in and holds the ipad securely. I would definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove!!!, November 16, 2012
It's a great product. Fits like a glove -- only adds 0.2 inches in each dimension. The most important is obviously the thickness which goes from 0.28 inches (bare iPad mini) to about 0.5 inches (cover with iPad mini inside). Furthermore it is extremely lightweight -- about 120 g. The total weight of iPad mini with cover is about 425 g.

The best part is that with the cover on, it is possible to grip the iPad securely. Previously, I always felt the iPad mini to be quite slippery and that it could fall out of my hands easily. WIth this cover on, it is extremely comfortable to carry it around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 11, 2012
This case is very well made, contradictory to what some other reviews say! The best part about this case verses the other cases online and in stores is that when opened, the flap stays flat against the back of the iPad Mini. This case has magnets in the back cover that allow the front to be held to the back. Not even Apple's smart cover does that, it just flops around when you open it. I purchased a $34.00 case from Best Buy and this case has proved over and over again to be much, much better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iPad Mini case ever!, November 24, 2012
I have purchased other iPad Mini cases/covers such as the rooCASE Ultra-Slim (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case for Apple iPad Mini and the Apple Smart Cover, and have to say that this case beats them all. It is not bulky, fits precisely, looks great, the sleep/ wake function of the cover work perfectly and the magnets even hold the cover against the back of the iPad when open. This case does all of the above at a price that is less than a third of the Apple Smart Cover. I highly recommend this case to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Case for iPad Mini, November 21, 2012
- Great value for the price
- Vendor ships fast
- Case fits perfectly
- Magnet holds cover in place
- Leatherette finish looks/feels nice
- Stand folds correctly

I returned the standard cover from Apple and glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim perfect case for ipad mini, November 15, 2012
Jeffrey A. Higgins (Long Beach, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Love this case. Just like the ipad case this company makes, this case is perfect for the iPad Mini. Fits like a glove, adds no weigh, and sleep/wake function works perfect! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 Year Review - Has Held Up Very Well, November 21, 2013
Length:: 3:06 Mins

I've been using this case daily for just over a year now. Despite some cosmetic issues, the case has done its job dutifully and has kept my mini well protected.