5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, small size, low price
I had no problem reading 4GB micro-SDHC cards with this reader. It is a small size and will read all three sizes (regular, mini, and micro) of SD cards. What more could you want?
Published on August 11, 2009 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Destroyed a $15 SD card
Published on December 22, 2010 by David O. Dennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, small size, low price, August 11, 2009
This review is from: IOGEAR 12-in-1 USB 2.0 Pocket Flash Memory Card Reader/Writer GFR209 (Green) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, November 10, 2009
WmS. "Loutha" (Montclair, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
I picked this up because I had purchased a micro sdhc 4gb card without knowing that I needed an sdhc card reader. I picked the Iogear GFR209 because it was small and convenient and I'm very pleased I did. I don't know about the other person up here with their complaint but I've been able to read & write to 2, 4 & 8gb micro cards. I take this thing everywhere with me since it's small enough to fit in my pocket without me really noticing it. The biggest plus for me is the fact that it (not only read/writes to sdhc cards) has a short corded wire for the usb jack. This works great when room on the pc is limited. I can plug this bad boy up in the tightest of places. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who need a small portable reader/writer and more so to anyone who has a cell phone that takes a micro sd card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better for Memory Sticks than SDHC cards, October 26, 2009
Oregonian (Beaverton, OR USA) - See all my reviews
Basic features that I bought it for:

1. Small, lightweight, and short corded as to squeeze-fit onto laptop USB port connector with the adjacent one being used as well.

2. Handle SDHC (secondary) and Memory Stick pro Duo (primary) memory cards.

Result:

Fits great, two USB Disks are identified immediately upon insertion (Windows XP)

4GB SDHC card (Sandisk Ultra II) works perfectly, but is very slow as described in another Amazon Review. Write-speed is about 1.25 MB/sec

4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo (Sandisk Ultra II). Works perfectly and transfers at what appears to be flash limited speeds. Write-speed is about 9 MB/sec and read-speed is about 15 MB/sec measured by timing transfer of a 150MB file between the flash and the computer disk.

Very odd that it's so much slower with the SDHC than with the Memory Stick memory, but fortunately for me the primary use is for the Memory Sticks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find, March 25, 2011
I had no problem with it reading my 16 gb gard as well as my 32 gb card. Great value...common it's only 10 dollars

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, Small , Inexpensive...Cool., October 30, 2009
I bought this to use with my new camera. I use it with SDHC cards 8GB 10x speed and it works fine. Much faster than my old cards and reader.

If the SD cards don't slide into the slot easily there is a fix:There is a metal guide just inside the SD slot that needed bending up a bit with the tip of a small screwdriver so the cards could insert easily. No problem to do this fix. This is probably why some other reviews of this product say the cards are difficult to insert.

5.0 out of 5 stars IOGear, April 3, 2010
This Card Reader is a very useful tool and serves its purpose. It cost the same as a reader that just reads one kind of memory card. This one reads:Memory Stick,Memory Stick Duo,Memory Stick PRO,Memory Stick PRO Duo,microSD,miniSD Card,Secure Digital (SD) Card,Multi Media Card (MMC),MMCmobile,MMCplus,RS-MMC,Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC). This is a good deal. The green part of this usb is 2in. by 3/4 of an inch. It is half inch thick. The cord with the usb tip is 4 inches long. It is very lightweight and takes no space. I've had it for over a year and no problems with it. It takes about two seconds for it to upload to your computer when you plug it in, very fast. Easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Destroyed a $15 SD card, December 22, 2010
I purchased this to copy pictures from my point and shoot camera to the computer. I only use the full size SD card. After inserting the card from the camera into the IOGear, and copying the files, upon removing the SD Card, the gold contacts on the card ripped off. Since it was an old 256MB card, I just figured it wore out, so I purchased a new 2GB card and took a couple pix. Inserted it into the IOGear, and the computer asked me if I wanted to format the card (the camera had already done that). I removed the card, and noticed a large scratch where the gold contact had been scored. I put it back into the camera, and luckily, it still worked.

The IOGear is flimsy, and the card reader slot (at least for SD cards) is way to tight, and damages the cards. I am returning it, and will not even consider risking another $15 SD card on a cheap reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant!, October 29, 2009
This unit does indeed read 4 Gb cards. I use it every single day to do so. This is one of the best investments I have ever made. I have been incredibly happy with this product as not only does it read all of my SD cards flawlessly, but I can also stick my Micro SD card in it directly without the adapter. The only flaw that you could truly say that it has is there is no light to indicate that the unit is on, but that's no big deal since it is built well, compact, and easy to use. Plugs in easily to any USB port.

1.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I needed AT FIRST, June 11, 2010
C. Pedersen (Lake Mary, FL United States) - See all my reviews
**UPDATE**
I guess I got what I paid for. I only used this a handful of times over the last few months and it is already broken. For some reason, the slot that I utilize no longer is detected by computers when I plug it in.

**ORIGINAL POST**
I just wanted to load some photos onto SD cards to use in my digital frames. The price on this is awesome right now compared to other items I looked at. I was a little leery that it was crappy since it was cheaper, but the other reviewers seemed pleased. The item seemed like good quality. So far, so good. Just plugged it in and it worked perfectly. The transfer speed was excellent. The only thing that I think some other items might have is the ability to read CF cards, but I didn't need that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile reader, December 7, 2009
This reader is very handy. I haven't a single complaint, it works great. It took me a while to figure out how to insert a mini SD card, from my perspective, I needed to flip it "upside down" to make it work. Graphics that communicated this would be helpful, but the unit has worked perfectly for me for SD, mini SD and Micro SD cards.

ARRAY(0x9ca035f4)