5.0 out of 5 stars Great Action Camera
Published 12 months ago by Darryl R. Hedges

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not work with Apple OS X
I have not been able to get this camera to work with three different Apple OS X systems. My personal Macbook Pro running Mavericks, my desktop Mac Pro running Mavericks, nor my work Macbook Pro that is still running Lion. Each system reports "Connection failed. Please connect your camera." whenever I launch the iON software.

This may or may not be a...
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Action Camera, December 22, 2013
This review is from: ION Air Pro 2 Wi-Fi HD Camcorder - Blue/Black (Electronics)
Beautifully designed, rugged, simple to operate. You can't ask for more. But ION provides much more with its WIFI module that lets you control camera settings and see what the camera is seeing remotely through your mobile device. I wish they offered even more mounting options. But there is a standard 1/4" x 20 threaded attachment point under the camera (unlike the GoPro cameras) so you can design or create your own mounts. And in a side-by-side comparison with GoPro, I find the video to be brighter, have more colors and clarity, and just look better overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera - Lousy customer service, June 2, 2014
I'm posting as much of an objective review as I possibly can.

My ION Air Pro 2 arrived Saturday, May 31, 2014. Having done extensive due diligence with this camera, I was very satisfied with the camera. On the other hand, I thought I'd share some information that the manufacturer doesn't.

Pros:
- The camera is only a bit larger than a roll of quarters, which makes it easy to handle and operate and optimally, quite aero/hydro dynamic
- The camera has superb resolution, even in standard definition and the 180 degree field of view is perfect. I don't have mine set for 1080P recording, but for 720P recording, and when previewing videos on my iPhone, the resolution quality is amazing. (Yes, the ION app on my iPhone works as advertised)
- The camera automatically records each video in standard and HD, which makes sharing on FB and YT a cinch, while retaining the option of clear video for viewing on a computer screen or an HD TV.
- The internal mike is of excellent quality and sound is crisp and clear.
- The camera has excellent image stabilization and even recording while hand-holding the camera, and driving, does not cause disorientation when the camera is pointed in a different direction.
- The one button recording is an excellent feature, especially if it will be operated while moving, because there's no need to turn the camera on first; sliding the record button forward does it all.
- The vibration feature is awesome to let you know it has either started recording, or has shut off via the auto shut-off feature.

Cons:
- I'm not fond of permanently sticking the helmet mount included with the camera, so I had to send for the helmet/bike mount (an additional $40.00 expense). I want the option of removing the helmet mount, so I didn't really care that the helmet mount, included with the camera, lacks a strap.
- There's no detailed user manual included with the camera; only a quick start guide. Presumably, you can download the user manual of the Air Pro from ION's website, and it should work for this one.
- The quick start guide tells you "[w]e recommend a class 10 SDHC card." What it doesn't tell you is that if you buy a Class 10 SDHC, ultra-high speed card, the type with a letter U and with number 1 inside (like I did), some of the camera's functionality will not work properly, because the camera is not "currently [as the customer support supervisor stated] designed for use with an ultra-high speed memory card." What you want is a straight Class 10 (with a letter C and a number 10 inside), which "at this time, it's what the camera is designed for." Never mind that possibly next month there will be a firmware update, which will render the non-ultra high speed card useless, and require the purchase of an ultra-high speed card.
- The customer service personnel has HORRIBLE customer service skills. The support rep, and the supervisor with whom I spoke, lacked an iota of tact, let alone professionalism. I may not be a whiz on camera technology, but I do know enough to wonder why the camera didn't communicate properly with three (3) different computers running Windows operating systems.

In short, if you know your way around action cams, speak the proverbial "language" at greater than a novice level and want a camera that's capable of taking superb video and still shots, has a plethora of advantages over the GoPro, costs less than the GoPro, it's slicker looking than the GoPro, AND don't mind crappy support personnel, or have no qualms with rocking the proverbial "boat" to get your answer, get this camera. My other alternative was the Garmin VIRB, simply because of the accelerometer and GPS capability that would work beautifully with my Edge 510 cycling computer. But, I didn't care for the $299.00 price tag, even though it was still $100.00 less than the GoPro Hero 3 Black, with which both the ION and the VIRB compare beautifully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, December 25, 2013
It's a great camera, great look, great feel, incredible quality.
I've been using it for a few weeks now and have no real complaints, there are however some minor downsides:
- no indication of battery level
- no proper connection pieces included,you need to buy the seperate Helmet/Bike kit if you want to mount to a vented helmet or to handle bars
- I prefer to use the sidemount on the helmet, this doesn't make you stand out as much, the camera is not so obvious to passers-by. The mount keeps the camera a bit to far from the helmet in sidemount position, which makes the camera appear heavier then it actualy is, causing your helmet to pivot to the side of your camera, which is somewhat annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... of these and I must say that they work great. i use them to record weddings, August 6, 2014
Joshua Lindsey (Fargo, North Dakota) - See all my reviews
I have three of these and I must say that they work great. i use them to record weddings. I only occasionally use the Wifi, and the app is pretty spotty, but I don't think that the app or wifi is really needed. As far as a n action cam goes, it is great. With good lighting you'll get top notch HD video, with low lighting you will still get usable footage. Very nice field of vision too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not work with Apple OS X, April 3, 2014

This may or may not be a good camera but since one must have a computer to change any of its settings, including setting the date, it is worthless to me. I'm returning it after less than 24 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeding Expectations!, July 9, 2014
I love it! Especially the underwater recording, very clear!

3.0 out of 5 stars wifi podz not really worth it, October 9, 2013
I've been having issues with this thing since I opened the box. The firmware check said it could be updated. I updated then had PC connectivity issues. I eventually figured out that I think it updated, but it still doesn't auto rotate to a right side up picture when hung upside down. The wifi podz app sucks, and it stops my mobile devices browser completely, and I paid a good bit for my tablet it isn't something cheap. I did finally manage to get my pc browser to open the live feed but isn't the point of it to be able to use a phone or something?

Other than that the camera looks fine and I'm sure everything else probably works like its supposed to. The whole PC/firmware/ wifi business just isn't that user friendly

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 1, 2014
I was originally looking at a Go Pro. This camera has excellent picture and is smaller than the Go Pro. Works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 13, 2014
Have had for a couple weeks and am very impressed with the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars great camera at a great price, September 22, 2014
This camera takes AMAZING videos. It's easy to use and for the price you can't beat it. The only knocks against it would be that the sometimes the quality of the pictures you take come out really fuzzy. Also, the under water video comes out really blurry too. Other than that it's a great product. I highly recommend getting it.

ION Air Pro 2 Wi-Fi HD Camcorder - Blue/Black