- Brand Name: Ion
- Model Number: ION VCR2PC
ION Audio VCR 2 PC USB VHS Video to Computer Converter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- VHS tape playback
- RCA and USB outputs
- Auto tracking and tape playback
- LED-backlit buttons
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Once you save your precious memories to your computer, they will be saved forever in pristine digital format. Included EZ VHS Converter software can even export your video in MPEG4 format for compatibility with select mobile phones and portable multimedia devices!
Connect a VHS, VHS-C, or 8MM camcorder to the front panel jacks to backup your camcorder videos. When you're finished archiving your videos to your computer, VCR 2 PC is the perfect VHS player for any room in the house.
Included software lets you burn your home movies to DVD, watch on your PSP, iPod or laptop computer. Player Features RCA audio/video inputs to archive from external sources like video cameras Composite video output and audio line output Auto tracking, variable speed slow-motion, playback, and rewind Soft-touch backlit buttons PAL version features SCART output Software
VCR 2 PC FEATURES:
- Connects to Windows XP and Vista machines via USB 2.0 port
- Capture video at resolutions up to 720 x 480 (NTSC) or 720 x 576 (PAL)
- Sends video uncompressed over the USB cable
- Burn Video to DVD Export video to iPod or PSP® format
- Plug and play USB computer connection Standard RCA and composite outputs for connection to any TV or home theater system
- Standard RCA inputs for connecting video cameras
- Auto-tracking, variable speed slow motion, playback, and rewind
- Soft-touch, backlit buttons
Top Customer Reviews
This product is easy to use out of the box. Plug it into the wall, plug the USB into the computer, install the software, put in a tape and press record. I like that you can leave it recording and go do something else. I found the software installation very quick and easy. The documentation with the unit is not very detailed but it is a very simple program to figure out. I like that you can edit the video within the program before burning to DVD. I like that it saves the files onto computer in JPEG files so I can further edit and play with them in MovieMaker or another program. This unit/program can not be faulted for poor quality from old VHS tapes. I feel that some reviewers blame this unit for that. I have not yet tried this with my vhs-c tapes and adapter. If any problems are encountered I will report.
The software burns DVD's very nicely, has a menu format and different choices of menu designs. It also will print DVD jewel case inserts to match. Someone's review also seemed to blame this unit for their machine not having enough memory for video. It's fairly common knowledge that video eats up memory. Each of my 2 hr. vhs tapes is hogging up to 4 GB's on my harddrive.Read more ›
the video and audio quality was an exact replica of the original tape.
here are the steps i took:
1. plug VCR2PC into outlet
2. insert cd into PC
3. plug usb cable into PC and VCR2PC
3.a at this point it should have auto installed but i just got a message box in the tray that said your hardware was not installed correctly.
3.b i went to Device Manager and there a yellow exclamation on VCR2PC, i right clicked on it, updated the driver and pointed to the CD
3.c the driver installed successfully but Windows Vista/7 x64 disabled the driver because it was not digitally signed by the publisher
3.d i went to [...] click on Documents & Downloads and downloaded the following:
3.d.1 VCR 2 PC - NTSC Hardware Driver [v1.43.07.50]
3.d.2 VCR 2 PC - Driver Update Instructions
3.e i unzipped the NTSC Hardware Driver zip file to a temp folder C:\Temp
3.f i went back to Device Manager right clicked on VCR2PC and updated the driver again this time pointing to C:\Temp
4. from the CD i ran the setup file on the root of the CD and ran the default settings
5. i opened EZ VHS Converter (ArcSoft product, excellent software package that is compatible with Media Center remotes)
5.a i got an error that said there is a problem with my sound device, i ignored this error
6.Read more ›
Beyond the hardware complaints, my #1 problem is: THEY INSTALL AD SOFTWARE ALONG WITH THEIR OWN SOFTWARE.
- The software that you have to install to record things from this unit also installs Arcsoft drivers for video encoding/decoding. The Arcsoft drivers install a service on your computer that ALWAYS runs in the background, and another service that displays ads for their products in the bottom right hand corner of your screen... even if you have all other software closed.
- You can opt to "stop showing these", but their background service called "Arcsoft Connect" continues to run in the background doing God knows what.
- There is no way to UNINSTALL this without uninstalling all of the recording software.
- Do a quick Google search for "Arcsoft Connect" and you'll see many other complaints with this software.
My other problems were with the tracking. On many older tapes, the tracking would continually adjust itself. There is no way to manually adjust it; after playing with this thing for hours, the tracking buttons on the front don't seem to do anything. Even when the auto-tracking gets it right, it starts auto-tracking again and messes up all over again.
This is a great concept, but very poor implementation. Cheap hardware, cheap software. Not many options. They probably cut a deal with Arcsoft to use their drivers for free if Arcsoft could display ads.
This seems to be a problem with all of Ion's products; they're just cheaply made.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It gets the job done but it takes forever!!!! The video tape has to be played completely in order for it to record.Published 7 months ago by Jay
Works great! Software and drivers available online still!Published 9 months ago by Paul N Dettinger
does not work with new MS windows It is useless, a paper weightPublished 18 months ago by Myles Klein
Using this on a Windows XP system, this product was extremely easy to use and operate. You simply plug a cable from the unit to the USB port, press "play" on the VCR and press... Read morePublished 19 months ago by J. Michael
I bought this as a more affordable VHS Player since i have and plan on keeping my VHS tapes and it works wonderfully! Read morePublished 22 months ago by cjmonkee