Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 7, 2013
Have had one of these for a while, has a few downfalls but for the price it's amazing. First off, the product description is missing a couple of key things; in addition to the 1/8" AUX input, it has a 1/4" mic input. Although it says it's wireless, that's just for the bluetooth connectivity. The speaker itself must be plugged in, there's no battery so you can't just take it with you anywhere. It's lightweight (under 8lbs).. For the lightshow, to get the max affect you need a really dark space, and need to have the speaker as low as possible. The lightshow has 2 modes (beat and party) beat mode will sync the lightshow to the beat of the music, party just does its own thing.

Now, between this and the Block Rocker model, the big differences are that the Block Rocker model includes a microphone, built in battery, AM/FM radio, and has a telescoping handle for transporting it, but no lightshow feature.

If you're shopping for a gift, I would recommend this one. If you're looking for a piece of DJ equipment you won't be looking at either of these units, and this unit is just way more fun than the Block Rocker (and cheaper).
33 comments28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2014
So much fun! We will have many years of fun with it. Only bummer is we used it for karaoke and it didn't work well because even with the microphone the voice sound is hard to hear with the music playing.
VINE VOICEon December 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I received this sound system in time for throwing a Christmas party for my 11-year-old and her friends at my house, kid absolutely loved it, they were especially fascinated by the built-in light show. Its built-in wireless bluetooth worked flawlessly, the kids were taking turns to play their favorite tunes on their smartphones, ipods and etc, connecting, disconnecting and reconnecting all could be easily done. The sound was loud enough for our living room, had to yell at them several times asking them to keep it down a bit, sound quality to me is a bit lacking, but they didn't care. The title says it's portable, but it has to be plugged in all the time, I think that's a bit misleading. Other than that, an outstanding entertaining system.
on December 13, 2013
I was initially disappointed with the size, it wasn't clear how small it was. The sound is great though, plenty loud enough and the lights in a dim room are amazing. It actually works great with Christmas music using the lights, like it was made for Christmas. The bluetooth connectivity is very quick and hasn't dropped the signal yet. Very easy to connect. The only thing I would say to improve is to put a "tone" dial on it to adjust the bass/treble, it is very deep but perfect for music.
on July 29, 2014
Sound is very distorted at normal volumes, even if hooked directly to speaker instead of bluetooth. Microphone needs to be full volume to hear voice at all, and cannot be used over music. Light show is nice and bright, and is the only reason that it gets more than one star.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I originally decided to get this machine, my thought was that it would be fun to use in our media room for parties. Now we have found a great but more unconventional use. Our eight week old grandson has been very ill, in pain, and is really grumpy. We set up the Ion House Party in a very large two story living room and played soft music with the lights to see if it would help him calm down. The response was immediate and amazing - he stopped crying and watched the bright light show on the ceiling. As long as it was on, he was a happy boy. The lights on the machine are excellent. It easily covers the ceiling on every room that it can reach (barring walls and doors.) The lights become a little less distinct with distance but are still beautiful and effective.

It seems like the blue is the predominant color and is associated with low tones; while the green and red are associated medium and high tones. You can play the show without music, you can play the music without the show, and you have two modes of playing the music and the light show together. Our preference is to play the lights that respond to the music.

Once our grumpy boy is feeling better, we will put the machine in use for parties (especially little ones birthday parties.)

A great machine at a great price. It gets my wholehearted approval and recommendation.
0Comment8 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2014
I love it, sound is good for the prices, and the light show made my christmas parties a hit, I really like it, and it is a topic for conversation with my party guests
on June 6, 2014
Love it its everything i wanted and more .. Great sound and awesome light show .. My only complaint is thaat its not rechargeable
on January 3, 2014
Got this for my young daughter who loves to sing and dance around. When I read some of the other reviews I was prepared for poor sound quality....and really expected the light show to be pretty lame. Then we turned it on...and this thing is awesome. No, you're not going to use this to DJ in a club....but around the house, this is great. The lights are VERY bright and put on quite the visual show. Sound quality is great as well. Very glad we got this.
VINE VOICEon December 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a really fun little system! It is incredibly easy to use & the blue tooth capability makes it even better! The only down side is when the light show is turned on, you can't look at it, not even a little. It is very hard on the eyes. It even says right on the speaker not to look right at the light. It's kind of hard not to though. For the best light show the speaker needs to be in the center of the room & on the floor. The light show is a blast creating an instant fun party atmosphere. But it's hard not to get nailed in the eye balls while it's in use. Thankfully the light show can be turned off so you can just use the system as a speaker if your not in a light show kind of mood.

The sound starts to distort at around 75% of it's maximum output. Don't worry, it goes plenty loud. Loud enough to have to yell in order to attempt a conversation!

It is relatively small & easy to move. It does not use batteries, helping to keep the weight down. Depending on the size of the room, you will probably need an extension cord to get it in the center of the room. The cord that comes with the system is not very long. It comes with one audio cable for your device (if you don't want to/or can't utilize the Bluetooth feature). The cable is about 26" long. Long enough to plug in & place the iPod on the top corner of the speaker. Note: The corner space is not big enough for a iPad.

There also is a microphone input, but it doesn't come with a microphone.

Overall my family & I have been enjoying using this to listen to music & plan on taking it out to our next Christmas party!

UPDATE:
We took this to Christmas dinner at our parents house. Of course lots of kids were in attendance. After dinner & dessert, we set up the party box for the kids in the living room. They all went crazy! They had so much fun! The toddlers to the teens were for once all getting along, acting goofy & dancing around! It was a great end to the night. I haven't met a kid or adult who hasn't loved this thing!
11 comment5 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse