5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item For A Light Cleaning Of A Couple Records
Published 11 months ago by Snipes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an improvement over the Discwasher
Published 12 months ago by Vinyl Eddy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item For A Light Cleaning Of A Couple Records, May 4, 2013
This review is from: ION Vinyl Alive Professional Vinyl Cleaning Kit (Electronics)
As a "vinyl virgin" I turned to this item to help clean my newly acquired finds. Absolutely no complaints, the brush and the cleaning solution works great for basic dust and dirt removal. I typically put 5-10 drops all around the record then move the brush along the direction of the grooves threes times one way and three times the other, then dry off with a mirco-fiber cloth, no scratches, no mess. For a light cleaning of a couple records at a time this is the way to go, but once I really started buying I did upgrade to the Spin-Clean Record Washer which is a little faster and easier to do a deeper clean with. But I still use this occasionally when I only buy a record or two that I want to play right away.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an improvement over the Discwasher, March 28, 2013
I bought this in hopes that it would be better than the discwasher which is now just corduroy. It is a velvet type material but doesn't have that grab feeling when you brush it in one direction and there's not an arrow to indicate a direction. On top of that, it doesn't come with a bag or any way to store it. I would recommend the discwasher over this just for the cleaning solution, bag and cleaning brush. I guess I'm going to have to try for a third cleaning brush.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Could Be Much Better, April 27, 2013
DHK (Brea, CA) - See all my reviews
The cleaning pad is great which I think is the most important. It feels soft like velvet and does a good job of picking up dust. The cleaning pad, however, needs to have a cover, so it is not collecting dust when left out. The cleaning solution is just distilled water which is very disappointing. One can make the solution better by mixing 4:1 distilled water to rubbing alcohol for cleaning vinyl records, not acetate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband Loves This, April 8, 2014
SMULawyer (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my husband, who collects vinyls from garage/estate sales. Needed something to clean old records, and this works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A clean record is a happy one, March 27, 2014
Everyone needs something to clean their vinyl. This product does its job fantastically. The "brush" is soft and doesn't scratch the vinyl and the liquid is nice as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars IF you use this brush to clean a record, ALWAYS use an Anti-Static Carbon Fiber Brush just before playing!, March 9, 2014
Jeff N (Oakdale, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My apologies to the seller of this item, but please read my honest review and sell another kind of record cleaner!!

PLEASE BELIEVE ME.... Over the last few DECADES I have tried MANY MANY different ways to clean records. This type of brush has ALWAYS been the WORSE. Why? The answer is simple...

These large brushes leave a LINE OF DUST on the record which causes PERMANENT DAMAGE when the needle goes over and over the dusty area!!!

If any record is really dirty, greasy, or grimy just wash it with luke warm water and a mild liquid dish soap, and then pour steam distilled water on it (from a gallon jug) to really rinse it clean, and then dry in the direction of the grooves with a very soft lint free towel...

If the record is only dusty, just use a high rated, smaller dry velvet lined brush on it...

And then, whatever kind of cleaning you do.... ALWAYS USE A CARBON FIBER ANTI-STATIC BRUSH JUST BEFORE PLAYING!!!! These actually PULL the remaining dust OUT of the grooves, and totally stop the static from attracting any more dust to the record after all the friction of cleaning before!!

Note: Anti-Static Carbon Fiber Brushes do work best when the record is sitting on an Anti-Static Cleaning Mat or Anti-Static Turntable Mat. I like to clean my records on my Direct Drive Turntable because it allows fast spinning of the record with absolutely no damage to the turntable. I bought my Technics Quartz Lock Direct Drive Turntable in about 1980. And believe me, I know... If you want a Turntable with ZERO Wow & Flutter, and ZERO Hum or Rumble, get a Direct Drive. ANY Direct Drive Turntable (made correctly) will work much better and LAST MUCH LONGER than ANY Belt Drive or Rim Drive (no matter how expensive they are).

Also, LAST Record Preservative truly works very well. It actually changes the molecular structure of the vinyl, making any record almost totally frictionless and permanently more anti-static, so it REPELS DIRT AND DUST and Truly Lasts and Lasts and Lasts!!! I have been using it for over 20 years. It is worth every penny. I am not getting a dime for saying so.

1.0 out of 5 stars SCAM ALERT: TOTAL MISREPRESENTATION!, March 6, 2014
B. Baxter (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This is a joke, folks. The brush you get is not the one pictured. It is not made of plush velvet, but hard, rectangular shaped corduroy. The "record cleaning solution" is nothing but water. Seriously, it says so in tiny print on the bottle. You have been warned.

3.0 out of 5 stars ofine, February 15, 2014
cleaned the album but not as good as i was said to do but it keept the lint from the album

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleaner, January 16, 2014
Bob George (Spokane Wa. USA) - See all my reviews
It works OK,does the job.Had to get something to clean old records. It does work and hasn't hurt them at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice vinyl cleaner, December 18, 2013
It's has plenty of plush nap to absorb contaniments. I have several of these by other manufacturers in search of the original Discwasher D4 (I found one!! in box) RCA makes a similar product close but no cigar. The Crosley Co. makes a decent brush and replaced mine because I made a hole in it. Bottom Line the reviewed cleaning fluid is distilled H2O. If records are not clean they sound BAD. Even with these tools its' alot of work. A recrd cleaning machine costs about 600.00 so I'll keep "sweatin to the oldies.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›