Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ion Audio ICT07 Vinyl Alive Cleaning Kit
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 7, 2015
I feel a little ripped off. Paid over eleven dollars for a small bottle of distilled water and a cleaning pad. The pad is much less plump than what it appears to be in the picture. The bottle has printed on it: "ingredients: distilled water". I could have saved myself some money buying a gallon of distilled water and some corduroy to put over a sponge. Picture posted.
review image
on May 4, 2013
As a "vinyl virgin" I turned to this item to help clean my newly acquired finds. Absolutely no complaints, the brush and the cleaning solution works great for basic dust and dirt removal. I typically put 5-10 drops all around the record then move the brush along the direction of the grooves threes times one way and three times the other, then dry off with a mirco-fiber cloth, no scratches, no mess. For a light cleaning of a couple records at a time this is the way to go, but once I really started buying I did upgrade to the Spin-Clean Record Washer which is a little faster and easier to do a deeper clean with. But I still use this occasionally when I only buy a record or two that I want to play right away.
on April 27, 2013
The cleaning pad is great which I think is the most important. It feels soft like velvet and does a good job of picking up dust. The cleaning pad, however, needs to have a cover, so it is not collecting dust when left out. The cleaning solution is just distilled water which is very disappointing. One can make the solution better by mixing 4:1 distilled water to rubbing alcohol for cleaning vinyl records, not acetate.
on January 29, 2016
All you need is the velvet brush. You can make your own solution. These kits are so overpriced it's crazy. This one is the cheapest and the best. When the fluid runs out - go online and grab one of the simple recipes to make a gallon of your own (water, denatured alcohol and a drop of dishsoap). Really - they're selling some of these sets for over $25. What a rrrrip.
on April 12, 2016
Great for cleaning old vinyl records to make them sound great again! Makes my records nice and clean and shiny. Not a bad product for the price. It works for my needs for the most part. I recently got back into vinyl and going through my old records and my Dad's old jazz records, they definitely needed a good cleaning and this does the job!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2013
The "cleaning solution" is only distilled water, which you can purchase by the gallon at the grocery story for $1.50. So, you're really paying for the brush, which did remove some dust, but seemed to push the dirt around more than take it off. The records still had a lot of noise on them. Also, as other reviewers have noted, the brush doesn't come with a container or bag, so you'll need to put it in a Ziplock or something if you want to keep dust from getting on it. In order to really get my records sounding better, I went ahead and invested in the Spin-Clean Record Washer MKII. It's 80 dollars, but it's easy and efficient and did a great job getting my vinyl to look and sound cleaner. I probably will continue to use the brush from this kit just for quick dustings between plays, but for anything more than that I'll be using the Spin-Clean.
on July 23, 2015
I gave it a 4 because there isn't much to this product. Some corduroy fabric attached to a block of wood and a bottle of water. It cleans ok, but not if your records, like mine, have been sitting for years. Best to get a better set up for cleaning, probably including some kind of vacuum system. What you see is what you get, and you get what you pay for.
on March 17, 2016
Easy to use! I dragged out my old collection of vinyl records from my teens and proceeded to clean them using this product. Its very easy and it wipes off the old musty dirt! I recently bought a record player from this company which I also LOVE! So I trust their name & products totally!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2014
Good for one off cleaning of records right before playing it. Not for mass cleaning projects. The "ION record cleaning solution" is just distilled water (it says so in the packaging) which is fine. No need to spend a lot of cash on special cleaning fluid. However, it is in a dropper bottle not a spray bottle as is indicated in the description. That's fine too, but you should know before you buy in case what you want is a spray bottle.
on March 28, 2013
I bought this in hopes that it would be better than the discwasher which is now just corduroy. It is a velvet type material but doesn't have that grab feeling when you brush it in one direction and there's not an arrow to indicate a direction. On top of that, it doesn't come with a bag or any way to store it. I would recommend the discwasher over this just for the cleaning solution, bag and cleaning brush. I guess I'm going to have to try for a third cleaning brush.