5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, have bought many IRIS containers
Published 15 months ago by akakizzy

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Air Tight
I purchased two of these storage containers as they were advertised as "airtight". Sadly, they were not. They seemed well made and would have worked perfectly had they been airtight.
Published on May 30, 2012 by ANGELA CONRAD

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Air Tight, May 30, 2012
ANGELA CONRAD (Deer Park, TX, US) - See all my reviews
Forgive my lack of technical terms, but I'll do my best to describe the issue with these containers. The closing mechanism at the front functioned properly and the seal around the lid appeared to be well made. However, the "hinges" along the back edge were not made well enough to achieve a snug fit. They were plastic, which was fine, except the plastic "pin" was not long enough to fit securely into the hole on each side of the hinge. When closing the lid against the airtight foam seal the pressure applied to the "pin" area would cause the pin to slip out of the hole...thus allowing a gap along the rear edge of the container. These "holes" did not seem to be broken or cracked in anyway.
If you are NOT needing an airtight container, these are nice containers. But if you require airtight, I would opt for something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, have bought many IRIS containers, April 16, 2013
This review is from: IRIS Airtight Pet Food Container, 10-Pound, Clear/Black (Misc.)
First let me say that I own four different IRIS containers, plus many more over the years. None of these have broken, all have done their job to keep your pet food, or whatever you are trying to protect, from moisture, bugs, your animal tearing into their food bag, whatever your reason is. If you are wondering why I have owned several over the years and yet none have malfunctioned, they were sold due to large moves (military move from Japan to Texas for example) or because I needed a larger/smaller size. I bought this, the 10 pound size to store my rice in. We buy large bags of sushi rice and needed something that you could easily scoop out of, plus the black lid matches my kitchen decor. I am on here today, buying another one of these, to store my outside bird feed in. If you've never had an IRIS container, it can be a little tricky at first to get that hinge set up correctly, I am assuming this is why another reviewer said his broke after several uses. You have to get that hinge installed correctly or else it will either pop out everytime you open it and I assume, break after a while. I don't know what else to say other than these are perfect containers. They have various sizes, some with casters (which I own for my dog food) some smaller ones for smaller pets. We also have 2 of the same size for our cat and ferret food. All of my pet food is stored in the garage. We have had absolutely no issues with bugs, moisture, nothing! Your food will stay fresh in these containers and its always nice not waking up to a cat or dog having chew through their bag at night!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, July 15, 2012
We switched to a better quality dog food, but with that comes the fact that there are no preservatives, so safely storing the food becomes an issue. We decided to try these containers because they claim to be airtight. I am not a scientist so I can't verify if that is correct or not, but it seems to be working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, November 12, 2012
This is exactly what I wanted. My *&^%ing cat likes to tear into the bag of food at night and gets it everywhere. HA. He can't get into it now. Definitely buying that it holds 10 lbs of IAMS Hairball control cat food. IF you had a coarser kibble, I could see struggling to get 10lbs in there, but it's a pretty nice size bin. Airtight too.

Couldn't find something like this at Meijer or Target and this is exactly what I wanted. Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very roomy, November 29, 2012
BJ "Dogs_R_Us" (High Desert, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this because I cannot store my dog food in the bag it comes in once opened as it gets attacked by ants. I found that this is actually big enough that I can put the bag itself inside of the bin and close it. Just got it yesterday. . . as long as it keeps the ants out, I am very happy with the size. The rollers work well, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Best Pet Food Containers, January 2, 2013
We currently have five cats and always keep several pounds of catfood in our laundry room. We have tried several different containers and were never completely satisfied until our daughter recommended the IRIS Airtight Pet Food Container. We no longer have to worry about moths getting into the cats' food. The cats' food stays fresh and the container is on wheels which makes it easy to maneuver when cleaning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, December 17, 2013
KEHO (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bake a lot of bread at home and buy my flour in 50 pound sacks. I store it in the pantry and it is a bit of a chore to schlep it out to the kitchen. I found myself taking the pan/bowl to the pantry and measuring the flour out there. This works perfectly for my purposes. I can just roll it into the kitchen and measure the flour out easily with no mess/spillage. Additionally, a 25 pound sack of rice shares the container. It can be a bit tight, but not really an issue.
One review mentioned a wheel broke off when the wheel mount failed. In my case, I am sure not to lean on on the container whilst rolling it around, it has a metric boatload of weight in it, and so far, so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality & size, April 9, 2013
Cathy (St. Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Perfect for containing a couple bags of cat food; easy-to-use hinged lid (my kids, 7 & 3, are able to use it); keeps food in & cats out!

1.0 out of 5 stars NO WARRANTY..BROKE IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS...BUILD QUALITY IS CHEAP, April 5, 2013
We purchased this product from Amazon as a Prime member so we know that we are protected as far as if there is a problem within 30 days and also quick and free shipping. This container broke a wheel off after owning it for less than two months. Now, I don't expect Amazon to warranty the product...they are the middle man (the seller ONLY). I therefore called the company and spoke to a lady in customer service named Iris (wonder if she was the owner). When I informed her that this container broke so soon after purchase, she wanted NOTHING to do with any kind of fixing it or replacing it. In fact, she took no responsibility as the manufacturer for the damaged and broken container. I have no grudge against this company (Iris) other than they DO NOT stand behind what they sell...we are talking about a plastic container that cost me $30...and they don't offer any warranty. We didn't misuse the container...the fact that the wheels broke off that soon is a testament to the quality of this product. There are other choices out there and I will replace my dog's food container with one of those...I would NOT buy any products from Iris in the future. If you are looking for a tough container to hold dog food or anything else, I advise you to do the same. Again, less than two months...NO WARRANTY...BUYER BEWARE !!!
If you read a lot of other reviews here on this product, you will see a lot of others who have had their containers arrive with broken or cracked lids or had their wheels break off and when contacting Iris for help had NO RESPONSE as far as fixing it or taking care of a defective flimsy container that they sell...In my opinion, Amazon shouldn't even carry there products online as there are too many problems with the quality of this container...in fact, it's not only this model but other ones from Iris as well...if you read some of the reviews on their other containers sold here on Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Did what I expected., July 29, 2012
This came in a timely fashion and packaged well. I was happy with is size and usability. Would recommend this to friends.

Rate and Discover Movies