5.0 out of 5 stars No problems here
Published 18 months ago by momof5

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but didn't work for us.
Published on April 17, 2012 by Karen West

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems here, October 22, 2012
This review is from: IRIS CI-604 Mesh Roof for 4 Panel Exercise Pen, White (Misc.)
I bought this because my dog figured out how to climb out of the cage. It fits perfectly. I have mine velcro'd not on very top, but on next part down. Nice tight fit. My dog can not climb out, can not get to it to chew it up. All the neg. reviews I think has to do with the fact that this cage and mesh top is not made for huge dogs. The muscular dogs can move the cage and most likely tall enough to chew it up. SMALL dogs only. If you have a small dog, you will love this addition. Price is 'right' as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice addition, June 16, 2012
This is a lifesaver for keeping pets inside if you have climbers. I was a hobby breeder and some of my moms would climb out, but wouldn't climb back in. So night time was always hard. I made them sleep in a crate until the pups were old enough to get through the night without food. If I put food in the pen for the puppies the other adults climbed in and ate it. The top stops all that. It fits great and is very sturdy and secure.
One more thing you need to offer is replacement rods. They swell at the bottom from getting wet when cleaning and males peeing on them. Some of the tops came off as well.
If you have a pet you need to confine this is so much better than a crate. They have room to play and choose where they want to sleep. I recommend the pen and the top for anyone bringing home a new puppy or who has a sick dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product.., January 2, 2013
This is a nice addition to the Iris Usa Inc DIRCI604 Plastic Pet Pen, 36 by 36-Inch. It serves two important functions. It keeps your small pet safe from both climbing out and keeping overhead predators out when you elect to have your pet outside. It is very easy to install and is worth the investment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but didn't work for us., April 17, 2012
The idea was to use this pen with the mesh roof to keep our 4 mos old West Highland White Terrier contained when we were out for more than an hour or so. He does fine in the crate, but ocassionally we must be away for 6+ hrs and it seems cruel to leave him in the crate for that long. To make a long story short, we tried this twice and both times he was able to escape! Luckily he didn't do any damage, but now we are back to the crate as our only option. Maybe it works well for smaller and less fiesty dogs? It is a nice product and easy to assemble.

4.0 out of 5 stars dog pen and mesh top, September 19, 2013
Very nice pen.I had to get the mesh top for it because she jumped out. But the top did not stay on with the Velcro. She got it lose. You will have to fasten the corners with something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., August 14, 2013
I thought this would stop my 10 week old Frenchie from escaping the IRIS pen.

It was his favorite chew toy instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to attach, Mesh roof completes the plastic play area., January 18, 2013
Practical, lightweight, attractive roof makes the pet play area perfect indoors or out, and safety features were considered when I purchased it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!, December 12, 2013
It took our 8 lb dog a little over 10 seconds to jump out of his pen. Would be better if it used ties or even good quality velcro instead of the cheap stuff this is made with.

1.0 out of 5 stars My Escape Artist Pup, June 8, 2013
This cage and mesh roof couldn't contain my 5 lb chihuahua/escape artist. She actually ended up ripping a hole and jumping out. In our case, it was a complete waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with an intelligent dog, January 27, 2013
My four pound, three month old Shih-Poo can easily escape the pen, even with this mesh cover securely installed.

When he wants to get out, he climbs up the corner of the pen. He is then able to force his little head right up which is enough force to unhook the Velcro strap on one side. He climbs over the top and is then free to escape.

I have tried to place items on the top of the mesh, strap things to the corners, make the Velcro harder to remove, etc- nothing works for me. I really wanted this product to help, but now it just gets in the way of me cleaning up after him.

Maybe he is too smart for the pen. Maybe he's too small/light/strong for it? I don't know the answer - but this top definitely doesn't work for us.

ARRAY(0x9844f714)