4.0 out of 5 stars Crossbar needed when adding panels
Published on April 1, 2012 by Amy H.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little color consistency, please...
I purchased the CI-604 Pet Pen several months back; it is a pleasing light grey color with flecks. (The product description does not indicate a color, but it appears white in the image.) I am pleased with the pen and it has worked out well for my pet's needs.

Published on October 4, 2011 by D. M. Keane

4.0 out of 5 stars Crossbar needed when adding panels, April 1, 2012
Amy H. (Milford, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRIS Containment Pen Add-On Panels, CI-600, for the CI-604 Pet Pen, 2-Piece (Misc.)
I love the pen, and the original size was fine when our puppy was first brought home at 8 weeks old and only about 5 lbs., he has doubled in size and needed more room so I ordered the extra panels to enlarge the pen. The size is great but the sides become flimsy when attaching the extra panels, the puppy does jump on the sides when he's excited to see us. I had to make a crossbar out of wood for the center of the pen, it sits across the top, I screwed 2 shorter pcs. onto each end so they hold the sides in place and then zip-tied them to the sides. It works great and gives it the support and stability it needs, I just wish there were a metal bar made for this purpose when expanding the pen.
I also use this pen on carpeting and to protect it I purchased the foam interlocking flooring that is used for playrooms, gyms etc. I cut it to size and then tiled the smooth side of it with vinyl self stick tiles. It looks great and the self made floor keeps the pen square and protects the carpeting beneath. It is easy to keep clean, when I expanded the pen I just made another flooring section for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little color consistency, please..., October 4, 2011

I later wanted to expand the size of the pen, but decided attaching a second pen would be too much. I waited until there was a reduction in price for the 2-Piece Add-On Panels for the CI-604 Pet Pen as they initially seemed absurdly expensive, considering the price of a complete 4-Piece Pen, which includes the door. There is also no indication of color in this product description; I assumed it would match the Pet Pen.

The Add-On Panels turned out to be bright white, and while they fit the pen, the color does not match and it detracts from the overall appearance of it. I contacted Amazon but customer service did not seem to be able to find out from shipping what the story is with the color variations in the pen or panels and suggested I return it, which really doesn't solve my problem. I want the add-on panels; I just want them to match the color of the pen. I considered buying another 4-Piece Pen to attach instead, but it sounds like a gamble as to what color will show up this time.

If color coordination isn't a concern for you, then this isn't a problem, I guess. I personally don't think it's a lot to ask from a purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, but BE CAREFUL with purchase!, August 17, 2012
First and foremost, I love this gate. It's easy to assemble (you basically just need to screw in the latches and hinges for the door) and even easier to link together. I hate using the wire gates because I always pinch my fingers when I move them or throw them in the trunk when going somewhere. The wire gates are also just plain ugly.

Before you click purchase, however...be sure you have the correct size! I only noticed after opening them up (and incidently throwing the box away, etc...) that there are actually 2 different heights. The 4-panel gates are about 5 rows tall, the 8-panel are 8 tall. Some of the pictures show 8 panels of 5-row tall gates...that's because those people purchased 2 of the 4-panel packages. If you have a small puppy, I recommend buying 2 4-packs instead of the 1 8-pack, simply because the 8-row tall panels are very difficult to simply climb over.

Having said that, it's incredibly easy to slide the stake out that connects the panels and create an open space for you to just walk in, clear our your wee-wee pads and such, then exit and slide the stake back in. We have a corgi and the 5-row panels aren't too low that she can hop over them, they're plenty high, so in retrospect I wish I had made the double 4-pack purchase.

Nevertheless, either one you get you'll be happy with, there's nothing unexpected with what they do or how they work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little more room, May 19, 2012
We purchased the four panel pen when the two Yorkies were very small and I was not sure how our old Llasa Apso would accept them. They were just the right height for me to bend over and too small for the other dogs to try jumping in. But as they grew we decided the added panels would be nice when we were outside. We live in a very rural mountainous area of Kentucky. Coyotes and mountain lions are not unheard of here, so these tiny puppies still cannot be let out to play without supervision. If I can just go sit they will play close to where I am, if I am gardening and paying them no attention with all the toys in the world they still fuss and I usually put them in the house. For what it was designed for, the extra panels make great sense. It gives the dogs more room to move around when they cannot be free, but the smaller size is great for their security feeling for sleeping. Thankfully they are very easy to put up and take apart. It is very sturdily made and if I needed another I would certainly not hesitate to buy. However these have the appearance and usage that suggests they will never need to be replaced. I would think they would be great for breeders when they are showing pups to those who want to buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size and height for a litter of puppies., May 11, 2012
I bought these with the IRIS 4 panel pet pen, and it arrived on time. It is exactly what I was looking for.
Simple to add on to the other pen, and very sturdy.
I Highly recommend these over the metal alternatives. I've had the other type and they were always getting rusty, bent or crushing my fingers when trying to move them or set them up. These are sturdy and much easier to handle.
The best part is that they have little rubber feet on the bottom so I can safely have it on my wooden floors without worrying about scratches.
It's the perfect size for the new litter of puppies we just had, the 6 panels make a great size pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome addition to already great set up!, February 5, 2013
We purchased 2 additional panels to add to our IRIS play pen for our Yorkie and it has worked great -- he loves the additional space and its super easy to add the additional extensions. Shipping was super fast too, thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Matched perfectly!, November 2, 2011
I read a review on these add on panels that said they received panels of the wrong color, or more accurately the color was off. I ordered anyway and I am happy to report that my panels arrived today and they perfectly match my Iris puppy pen :) Couldn't be happier. I can't imagine actually housing a puppy in the iris pen without this additional space!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 14, 2011
Worked absolutely perfect. Made the pen just the right size to have a bed, food dish and potty pad for my 2 Doxies. And it left enough room so they could play and not think they are in jail.

5.0 out of 5 stars pet pen panels, July 3, 2010
Excactly what I was looking for, came fast, and has ended a problem that I was having with a pen too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Additional panel for dog pen, February 19, 2013
I ordered a dog pen of 4 panels (Cl604) and later decided to expand it with 2 more panels. I was happy to be able to buy just 2 more panels. They are very sturdy and I am happy with purchase.

IRIS Containment Pen Add-On Panels, CI-600, for the CI-604 Pet Pen, 2-Piece
$39.99 $34.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.