4.0 out of 5 stars Its a litter box... good for cats under 15 lbs
Published on June 18, 2012 by Frugal Mama

This litterbox is pretty nice. It's tall sided, easy to access and easy to clean. The design of the top feels a bit flimsy and gives in if your cat bumps it too rough, and can cause some problems that way.

Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a litter box... good for cats under 15 lbs, June 18, 2012
Frugal Mama (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
I have 2 medium sized young cats (9 & 11 lbs). Purchased this to help prevent litter getting 'thrown' out of the box by one of the cats that likes to make a big ordeal about burying the feces from the other cat (we have 3 litter boxes throughout the house). Going to replace one of them with this - seems good so far. Other reviews mention that cats urinating in the front corners of the box make it difficult to clean - this is true because of an indentation in the molded plastic. For a simple solution, just turn the box around as the back doesn't have an indentation! The 'high sided' top will fit either way. I'm happy with it for the cost, but I hope it lasts a few years as the plastic the base is made out of seems pretty thin. Another plus is that it's made in the USA, not China!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this box!, August 25, 2012
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
I move apartments fairly often, and when I do, I usually just get the kitties a new box because it's just more convenient. Last time, I bought two rather expensive covered litter boxes as my cats tend to fling litter. What a mistake! My cats crept in there like they expected to be murdered at any moment, and leaped out like the devil himself was after them. I then saw this box and ordered it, and they vastly prefer it with the open top. It keeps the litter in and it's a lot easier for me to scoop. I don't have the problem others report about the uneven bottom making it hard to scoop, but I have seen that the kitties will sometimes pee on the sides and it will get between the two pieces. I still think this litter box is just great, though, the cats are much more comfortable with it and it keeps the litter in. I'll be getting a couple more for my next move!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great side coverage, could be larger box, July 2, 2012
Siamese807 (Centreville, DE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
The high sides of the box work very well to keep litter in and any other contaminants from escaping over the side, but the box itself could be a bit larger. My kitties appear to prefer the open lid style to the previous fully lidded boxes that I used, but the other boxes were a better length and width for the cats to fit better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Litter Pan !, January 31, 2013
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
This is my fifth one I have purchased. They are great for my nine cats and are so much better than the low sided boxes sold at most pet stores. Yes you read that right, nine cats. I do rescue work and do TNR as a hobby for my local SPCA. You still need to have a litter mat in the front which can be purchased at Walmart for a few dollars. The only thing I don't like about these boxes are that one side is not a perfect rectangle. That is why I only gave it four stars out of five. There are small creases in each corner that you can see if you look closely at the picture. They make it hard to get all of the dirty litter out sometimes. But other than that, they rock. My cats can dig to China and not get much litter out of it at all. The price was great too. Most high sided boxes at Petsmart or PETCO were much more expensive and not nearly as good. SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS !

3.0 out of 5 stars If your cat stands for their business, this is not the box for you., July 17, 2013
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)

But if you're like me and shopping for a litterbox for a cat that stands up to pee, this is not the box for you. My cat happens to be just tall enough that she pees right into the division between the top and bottom halves of the box. This causes a leak that makes a pretty nasty mess to clean up. I didn't know this would be an issue when I purchased this box, but it's turned out to be a problem now.

This is a great litterbox otherwise, and the issue isn't with the box, but the cat. Keep that in mind if you're shopping for a cat that does their business standing.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Just Okay, August 25, 2012
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
I find the box (and also the shield) too squared off for ease of scooping. I would really prefer a one-piece box because cat pee sometimes gets between the "seal" of the bottom and the shield. I also prefer cleaning one piece, not two. It is okay for the time being and the price is right for what it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars cats love it, September 10, 2012
Jersey gardener (Millington, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
this is a fantastic value -- one of the best kitty litters for the price. I have multiple cats and they love being able to use a litter box that doesn't feel confining - which keeps them using it (instead of the floor!) Yet its top is raised high enough to keep everything inside the box. The only drawback is that protrusions inside the bottom box (whih don't seem to have any structural purpose) make it slightly difficult to use the scoop in that area.

1.0 out of 5 stars WORST. LITTER PAN. EVER!!!, July 18, 2014
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
WORST. LITTER PAN. EVER!!! Base pan too low, pee gets in between the crack. The bottom of the pan is not even, clumps cannot be scooped in one piece. Been cleaning this box more than scooping the litter. If you have average size cat/s this one is too small. I have 3 domestic short hair, and it's been a nightmare. Followed the idea of another frustrated customer and bought a storage box for $9 at the Dollar store: Simple, no gimmicks, and best litter box ever!! LOL

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design, June 2, 2013
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
This looked great, but there were three problems I discovered right away. First, the top section is latched to the bottom, but even though this was as tight as could be, my cat still managed to get urine to leak between the two sections at the entrance to the box. Urine was all over the floor. The other problem is that the front entrance end is indented more than it appears in the photo. This means there are small tight corners at the inside front of the box that are very hard to clean. Scoops don't get in there very well. And third, there is a slight well around the inside perimeter of the box that I also find very hard to clean. The scoop doesn't loosen the whole clump at once and I end up scraping the bottom to get it all and then trying to left out all the little pieces of the clump.

4.0 out of 5 stars successful trip, September 10, 2012
Diana DeHaven (Chino Valley, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRIS High Shield Litter Pan (Misc.)
I bought this litter pan to travel with our cat across country during our move. It worked quite well to prevent her throwing litter all over in the motels. The only thing I personally didn't like is the raised center makes it difficult to scoop the pan out. I prefer a flat bottom. But I love the high open top.

IRIS High Shield Litter Pan
IRIS High Shield Litter Pan by IRIS USA, Inc.
$9.63