1,869 Reviews
 (1,323)

Published on February 20, 2008 by Suzanne

1.0 out of 5 stars See for yourself how easy it is for a puppy to escape!!!!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:10 Mins
Published 19 months ago by Panda Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars The best purchase I've ever made on Amazon, and that's saying something!, February 20, 2008
This product is absolutely INCREDIBLE. I have a chihuahua who's almost 11 years old, and has occasional accidents. Since having the carpeting replaced, and not wanting to put her into a claustrophobic kennel (just seemed wrong), I went for this product. It's so roomy! and the design is feminine, sturdy, lightweight and open. The gate is so well made and very cute and useful.

For those of us who work and need to keep our pets in a controlled area when we can't watch for accidents, this pet pen is a lifesaver and my dog absolutely loves it. There's enough room for a oil-filled heater, her large burrow bed and blankets, water bowl, bone-chewing/play area. Also, I sectioned off a small area for her potty pads. This way she doesn't have to "hold it" when I'm gone for longer periods of time. The pen is so roomy, that there's plenty of distance between the potty pads, her bed, and water dish. You can also customizing the shape of the pen. It's the greatest!

In terms of waterproofing, I lined the bottom with a shower curtain from the dollar store and topped with a queen-sized quilt. It's soft and comfy and accident-proof! Even my cat sneaks in there to catch a few winks.

This is so much better than a kennel or keeping your pet in the bathroom while you're away.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy this attractive and functional pet pen.

PRODUCT UPDATE: October 3, 2009

The Iris pen has stood the test of time, and has saved my dog from having to be in a confined, oppressive area while I'm away at work during the day. Today, I am purchasing another of these pens, which will serve as fencing around the patio of my small cottage. Can't think of a more perfect weather resistant, durable, SAFE fence for my dog (and cat who can't jump high distances) to play within outdoors. Two of these pens linked together will provide a rather large fenced area (over 12 feet).

From a distance, the fencing appears as a picket fence and really enhances the look of my patio. This will not only serve to keep the pets safe, but will wash up with a hose, never dry rot or warp. Will cover a portion of the fencing with some type of tarp for when it rains.

Still say this is the best purchase I've ever made on Amazon, and I buy lots of stuff.

Hope this review was useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful product, January 18, 2007
This review is from: IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen, 4 Panels (Misc.)
I purchased this for my little yorkshire terrier to stay in when we all leave the house to go to work. Its wonderful. It is the perfect size and doesnt take up alot of room. My little dog likes to jump up and stand against the walls of this product and they dont fall or shake so it is very sturdy yet very light. It took me a minute to assemble the product and the little door makes it so great we leave it open and my little dog goes in and comes out when he wants. This is a great buy and cheap too.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Pugs luv their new pen!, November 12, 2007
We have 2 full-size pugs that enjoy their new pen. At first I was skeptical if they would not lean on the sides and knock it over as Mini Me weighs 18 pounds and Lexi weighs approximately 12 pounds. They can stand up and lean on the sides with no problem. Currently, I have it in the kitchen so they can watch me cook and clean and it works out great. It is light enough to take down when not in use. I like their new pen because the top is open and I can reach down and pet them and give them their treats without having to open the door constantly. It is large enough that their large bed fits great in the pen with plenty of room also for their play toys. They can watch me work but yet are not under my feet while cleaning. I highly recommend this pen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!!, September 11, 2012
The pen is very high as well as wide which kept my dog (who is an escape artist) from getting out. I also loved the fact that it was pink and a cute little door. This was a great buy and i would definitely recommend it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars See for yourself how easy it is for a puppy to escape!!!!, January 26, 2013
Length:: 0:10 Mins

I made the mistake of buying this even after I read all of the reviews that puppies climb right over the top. I had the "oh that won't happen to me" mentality, thinking that surely all of the rave reviews would out weigh that chance... Well guess what?... It DID happen to me and it WILL happen to you. My 3 lb 9 week old puppy figured out how to climb over it in just 60 seconds and I caught the whole thing on video. I have included it with this review for all to see how insanely easy it is for puppies to climb right out. The perfectly spaced out slots act as a ladder. This product is a nice idea but terrible execution. It could have been made much better... It doesn't even begin to serve its purpose. I'm returning it. Waste of money. Waste of time. I should have trusted the negative reviews. Lesson learned!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Item. It is the best choice I made for my puppy., August 3, 2011
I have a Maltese puppy that is about 6lbs. He is very active and loves to run around. I had a small kennel for him. When I would go to work he would stay in the small kennel for about 5 1/2 hours. I could only fit him in there. He did not have room to run around, play or stretch his legs. I love my animals dearly and did not feel comfortable with him being in the kennel that long. I decided to look into a bigger enclosed area that would provide adequate room for his bed, kennel/puppy pads, toys, water and food. Out of all the options, I really loved the pet pen. I could not wait to order it. I bought it on a Monday evening and it arrived Thursday afternoon. The shipping was fast and the packaging box was in good shape. It was not damaged. I built it that night because I could not wait for him to have his own space. The directions were fairly easy but I would prefer for the pet panels and door to be labeled in a way to understand which goes in and out. It would also help if they had pictures available to make it easier to build. I feel so much more comfortable now when I leave home because he is in a great area that is his own. He is not locked up all day like a prisoner but instead he has room to do whatever he wants. It was the best choice I could have made for him. He loves it. He walks in and out of there in a comfortable and welcoming manner. The weight of the pet pen is light. It is easy to carry and move around. It is a great choice for a small breed dog, or even a medium sized dog. He does not knock it over. He leans on the panels without making it move or fall over. Keep in mind, he is a Maltese therefore he does not weigh much. If you have a puppy or small dog, I strongly recommend this product. This will make you feel secure when you are away from home because you know your dog is protected and in a well surrounded area with everything he wants and needs. It's just perfect. I show it to everyone who comes over and they compliment it and mention how good of an idea it was. Of course they add how spoiled he is but that is a great way to say, he is loved!

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver!, April 10, 2007
I bought this pen for my new boston terrier puppy. It is very portable and sturdy. we take it apart, which takes about 5 seconds, and take it outside for her to play in and it sets back up just as quick and easy. it keeps her out of trouble and safe from choking and other hazards (and my furniture) when we are away and cant keep our eyes on her. i just keep plenty of safe puppy toys in there to keep her entertained. I can make it as small as 4 panels or use all of them. it has also been great for housebreaking. I kept the entire floor inside the pen covered with puppy papers for several days and gradually reduced them to only one pad. now when I let her out she goes straight to a pad and she is only 11 weeks old. I have raised puppies before but this pen has made a world of difference with this puppy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy Playpen, December 16, 2006
This review is from: IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen, 4 Panels (Misc.)
This is a really nice pen for puppies or older dogs. It is a great item to have when you do not want your furkid underfoot. I bought mine to put my pups that I am selling in when people come to look at them. It would be nice to find a bottom pan that would work for this especially when using it for pups that are not potty trained. I recommend this to anyone with furkids!

4.0 out of 5 stars German Shepherd puppy pen, January 28, 2007
Sherry L. McFall (Highland Park, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Just put it together, and it contains a German Shepherd puppy effectively in the breakfast nook, adjacent to the kitchen, when cooking or otherwise unable to have a 4 month old dog of size banging around your legs.

Has a little door you can close if you must, or leave open. Puppy bed fits conveniently inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars dog pen, July 12, 2007
excellent pen for 10 pound dog. High enough to keep him from going over the top, sturdy enough for his leaps trying to get out. Door in gate is neccesary, hard to lean over top of pen to reach anything. Stays where you put it indoors, haven't tried it outdoors yet with the stakes in the ground. easy to clean, easy to put together.

IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen, 4 Panels