1,982 Reviews
 (1,407)

Published on February 20, 2008 by Suzanne

1.0 out of 5 stars See for yourself how easy it is for a puppy to escape!!!!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:10 Mins
Published 21 months ago by Panda Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars The best purchase I've ever made on Amazon, and that's saying something!, February 20, 2008
This product is absolutely INCREDIBLE. I have a chihuahua who's almost 11 years old, and has occasional accidents. Since having the carpeting replaced, and not wanting to put her into a claustrophobic kennel (just seemed wrong), I went for this product. It's so roomy! and the design is feminine, sturdy, lightweight and open. The gate is so well made and very cute and useful.

For those of us who work and need to keep our pets in a controlled area when we can't watch for accidents, this pet pen is a lifesaver and my dog absolutely loves it. There's enough room for a oil-filled heater, her large burrow bed and blankets, water bowl, bone-chewing/play area. Also, I sectioned off a small area for her potty pads. This way she doesn't have to "hold it" when I'm gone for longer periods of time. The pen is so roomy, that there's plenty of distance between the potty pads, her bed, and water dish. You can also customizing the shape of the pen. It's the greatest!

In terms of waterproofing, I lined the bottom with a shower curtain from the dollar store and topped with a queen-sized quilt. It's soft and comfy and accident-proof! Even my cat sneaks in there to catch a few winks.

This is so much better than a kennel or keeping your pet in the bathroom while you're away.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy this attractive and functional pet pen.

PRODUCT UPDATE: October 3, 2009

The Iris pen has stood the test of time, and has saved my dog from having to be in a confined, oppressive area while I'm away at work during the day. Today, I am purchasing another of these pens, which will serve as fencing around the patio of my small cottage. Can't think of a more perfect weather resistant, durable, SAFE fence for my dog (and cat who can't jump high distances) to play within outdoors. Two of these pens linked together will provide a rather large fenced area (over 12 feet).

From a distance, the fencing appears as a picket fence and really enhances the look of my patio. This will not only serve to keep the pets safe, but will wash up with a hose, never dry rot or warp. Will cover a portion of the fencing with some type of tarp for when it rains.

Still say this is the best purchase I've ever made on Amazon, and I buy lots of stuff.

Hope this review was useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful product, January 18, 2007
This review is from: IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen, 4 Panels (Misc.)
I purchased this for my little yorkshire terrier to stay in when we all leave the house to go to work. Its wonderful. It is the perfect size and doesnt take up alot of room. My little dog likes to jump up and stand against the walls of this product and they dont fall or shake so it is very sturdy yet very light. It took me a minute to assemble the product and the little door makes it so great we leave it open and my little dog goes in and comes out when he wants. This is a great buy and cheap too.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Pugs luv their new pen!, November 12, 2007
We have 2 full-size pugs that enjoy their new pen. At first I was skeptical if they would not lean on the sides and knock it over as Mini Me weighs 18 pounds and Lexi weighs approximately 12 pounds. They can stand up and lean on the sides with no problem. Currently, I have it in the kitchen so they can watch me cook and clean and it works out great. It is light enough to take down when not in use. I like their new pen because the top is open and I can reach down and pet them and give them their treats without having to open the door constantly. It is large enough that their large bed fits great in the pen with plenty of room also for their play toys. They can watch me work but yet are not under my feet while cleaning. I highly recommend this pen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Item. It is the best choice I made for my puppy., August 3, 2011
I have a Maltese puppy that is about 6lbs. He is very active and loves to run around. I had a small kennel for him. When I would go to work he would stay in the small kennel for about 5 1/2 hours. I could only fit him in there. He did not have room to run around, play or stretch his legs. I love my animals dearly and did not feel comfortable with him being in the kennel that long. I decided to look into a bigger enclosed area that would provide adequate room for his bed, kennel/puppy pads, toys, water and food. Out of all the options, I really loved the pet pen. I could not wait to order it. I bought it on a Monday evening and it arrived Thursday afternoon. The shipping was fast and the packaging box was in good shape. It was not damaged. I built it that night because I could not wait for him to have his own space. The directions were fairly easy but I would prefer for the pet panels and door to be labeled in a way to understand which goes in and out. It would also help if they had pictures available to make it easier to build. I feel so much more comfortable now when I leave home because he is in a great area that is his own. He is not locked up all day like a prisoner but instead he has room to do whatever he wants. It was the best choice I could have made for him. He loves it. He walks in and out of there in a comfortable and welcoming manner. The weight of the pet pen is light. It is easy to carry and move around. It is a great choice for a small breed dog, or even a medium sized dog. He does not knock it over. He leans on the panels without making it move or fall over. Keep in mind, he is a Maltese therefore he does not weigh much. If you have a puppy or small dog, I strongly recommend this product. This will make you feel secure when you are away from home because you know your dog is protected and in a well surrounded area with everything he wants and needs. It's just perfect. I show it to everyone who comes over and they compliment it and mention how good of an idea it was. Of course they add how spoiled he is but that is a great way to say, he is loved!

1.0 out of 5 stars See for yourself how easy it is for a puppy to escape!!!!, January 26, 2013
Length:: 0:10 Mins

I made the mistake of buying this even after I read all of the reviews that puppies climb right over the top. I had the "oh that won't happen to me" mentality, thinking that surely all of the rave reviews would out weigh that chance... Well guess what?... It DID happen to me and it WILL happen to you. My 3 lb 9 week old puppy figured out how to climb over it in just 60 seconds and I caught the whole thing on video. I have included it with this review for all to see how insanely easy it is for puppies to climb right out. The perfectly spaced out slots act as a ladder. This product is a nice idea but terrible execution. It could have been made much better... It doesn't even begin to serve its purpose. I'm returning it. Waste of money. Waste of time. I should have trusted the negative reviews. Lesson learned!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking pen to use indoors, January 25, 2009
Prism (California, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen, 4 Panels (Misc.)
I've been using this pen for about 6 wks now. At first I had a metal ex-pen but I didn't like that for various reasons. I'd added pictures to show what it looks like in real use. My Maltese pup is about 5lbs. I bought a piece of waterproof building material (shower pan liner from a home building supply store sold by the foot at the cost of $10) to line my pen with for easy clean up and to protect my wood floors from spills. Here's a list of my pros and cons.

PROS:
~ Easy to move around, lightweight, folds flat to quickly stash behind a couch when company comes over
~ Attractive for indoor use
~ Will not scratch floors and does not have sharp edges like the metal ex-pens
~ Quiet, not squeaky and noisy like the metal ex-pen
~ Easy open latches on the door
~ Expandable, you can buy a second pen and add panels to make it bigger
~ Easy to reach over to put food in, get dog out, etc.

CONS:
~ Short and an active dog could easily get out
~ A little small at 3' x 3' but you can purchase another unit to add panels to it. The addition of a crate would make this pen seem a little bit cramped

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a chocolate labrador, February 20, 2009
I originally got the smaller (shorter) version, but my 7 weeks chocolate lab jumped over it in 3 days. So I purchased this one and it's amazing! It's 8 panels, but I am using only 6 panels for her pen, and the other two I am using as a divider on the porch, etc. My pup is now 11 months, 67 lbs, and she loves her little "kennel". It's her dining room, and her bedroom. She sleeps in it overnight, and during the day when I am not home for 2-4 hours. I still don't trust her to leave her running outside my place, because she would wrestle with my other dog, and it could get too wild without my supervision. The pen is a blessing sent to puppy/dog owners!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pet Pen, March 17, 2011
This review is from: IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen, 4 Panels (Misc.)
This pen is great.Since my dog figured out how to climb out of it the first three days she was home, I went and bought a piece of lattice and had it cut to the size of the top. I used those plastic zip ties and attached it to the top..She didn't get out!! Also, I bought a piece of linoleum flooring to put the pen on top of since I have carpeting. The whole set up really works out great and my dog is safe when I am not around (as well as my carpets!!) Hope this review helps...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 8, 2008
C. Shortes (Celina, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This Commercial Grade plastic Pen is light weight, easy to assemble, good
looking and very effective for corralling a young puppy. Potty training is
made easier using this pen. My 3 mo. old Chihuahua loves her little pen. She
feels safe there when the house is full of company, but not isolated. A very
good product which I wholeheartedly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars 9 Pound Puppy (11inches tall) Escapes Every Time!, September 30, 2013
Sameer Munshi (NEW YORK, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:27 Mins

My three month old puppy jumps over the pen every single time we put him in!! Think its time for a refund.....

IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen, 4 Panels