5.0 out of 5 stars Best doggie wee pads
Published on July 9, 2007 by Melissa W.

Published on August 13, 2011 by Farish

5.0 out of 5 stars Best doggie wee pads, July 9, 2007
Melissa W. (Wrong Mailing Address) - See all my reviews
Neat 'n Dry Dog Training Pads -Large Size are the best doggie wee pads I have ever used. The small size is a bit too small (even little dogs need room to sniff and circle), but the large is perfect. It is the most absorbent pad so there is no puddle under the dog's feet while she is peeing. The borders are also good which is important to me because my dog often pees near the edge, which is a problem when the pads have a plastic border so that the pees runs off and onto the floor. These pads are good even along the borders (as long as the dog doesn't totally miss the pad alltogether).

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, I was trick by the rank and the rating, do not believe the good reviews, August 13, 2011
This review is from: IRIS Neat 'n Dry Puppy Training Pads, 100 Count (Misc.)
I received this product about 3 days ago and by far these are the worst puppy pads I have dealt with. I literally put up the pee pad before bed and waked up in the morning to pick it up and noticed it was soaked underneath. I have bought several different brands over the years. I never had a pad before that if I go out for the day to work, When I get back home I go to replace the pad and find soak through the bottom. I am just grateful I have tile floors. Let me preference this, this is used by a small dog. Most of her pee spots are size of a dollar coin. On the other brands of pads she has pee on, Hartz, Arm and Hammer, Nature's Miracle etc, I have never had this issue before. It has been reasonable for me with every other brand to be gone for about 10 hours, come home, pick up the pad and not have it soaked underneath. I really have to question a lot of these recent positive reviews. Maybe the positive reviews from 4 years ago dealt with a better quality of product but this pad does not live up to any reasonable expectations, especially after buying about 5 different brand of pads that never had any soak through underneath. If there is a review you are looking for to trust, trust mine and trust the negative ones. I do not do product reviews and in order for me to get on my chair to post one this product has to be absolutely the most dreadful item I had to dealt with in this product's category.

Save yourself a headache, do not buy these pads. It really angers me that a product that average's 4 stars burnt me so badly.

******Update for clarification 8/03/13******

So it has been two years since I wrote this review and have looked over some of the comments and figure I answer some of those responses here.

First the Chihuahua using the pads is a 5 pound female. She always went to the middle of the pad, squat, and then pee. The wet spot would be exactly underneath in the same location of her pee spot.

There was never any peeing done on the edges were it would seep underneath nor would I complain about something like that.

There has been several reviews after mine that has stated the same experience. Maybe it was a bad batch but at the time I had ordered I had saw complaints of the same problem.

Currently I use the Amazon link Hartz Home Protection Pads for Dogs, 50 ct., Hartz Protection Pads. They have the same technology were it turns the urine into gel. Once again though, I have bought several different pads as an avid dog owner and these were the only ones that ever leaked underneath on me. I get these though at the local Costco were it is cheaper than Amazon but not everybody has a Costco membership. Costco does sell 100 of those Hartz Pads for about 16 dollars which is a better deal.

But all in all, I always have bought the cheapest pads and none of them had ever leaked except these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of breed for wee-wee pads, January 9, 2007
My stay-at-home dachshund and Yorkie are very spoiled for cleanliness and these wee-wee pads hold more moisture with no scent than the cheaper brands. I find it very convenient to have a latrine at home and use about one or two pads per 24 hours for back-up bathroom purposes. The small size is fine for small dogs and the price is very good in this package format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Pads, June 13, 2008
Tried a lot of other brands and this is the best by far. "Neat n Dry" says it all. These pads are super absorbent, and they turn urine into a gel. Translation = no more drippy messes. The size is just right for my dog too. I have a Havanese who only weighs 14 pounds, but even little dogs need room to move around. These pads are expensive though, so most people like myself will try cheaper brands first. None were much better than using newspapers though, and I wasted a lot of money in finding that out.

1.0 out of 5 stars new pup owner, September 6, 2012
Kesha Brown (JACKSONVILLE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! No for real. Don't buy these. They are the smallest of all I have tried. And they are not as absorbent as they claim either. I've been testing pads on my IPFreely puppy. Right now, Natures miracle advanced ultra absorbent seems to be doing the trick. Don't bother with the arm n hammer ones either, you might as well use news paper! Good Luck.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in these pads - they leak right through, November 21, 2009
We previously used these pads when they had different packaging and were much less expensive and the pads were great. They raised the price and must have done something to the quality of the pads as they are TERRIBLE. My little 5 pound dog's pee goes right through them onto the floor (which defeats the purpose of the pads) and has us cleaning the floor numerous times a day (defeating the entire purpose of the pad). I find it hard to believe that nobody can make a pad that is actually absorbant enough to handle a little dog. I was actually thinking of trying to double up these pads to see if that way the floor is not soaked so often. These pads were a complete waste of money and were some of the worst pads I have ever used. I strongly recommend that people use other pads as these were TERRIBLE.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware! THESE PADS DO NOT WORK!, September 27, 2011
This review is from: IRIS Neat 'n Dry Puppy Training Pads, 100 Count (Misc.)
I don't write reviews often. In fact this is my first review on Amazon in quite a few years. But I feel most compelled to write a review to warn people when a product like this one absolutely fails to do anything that it says it does! Neat & Dry floor my bum! These pads are thin, small and they leak! I feel like I just threw away over 20 bucks and these positive reviews for these pads make absolutely no sense at all.

I have a 5 year old Chihuahua that I got at 9 weeks old and he has been pad trained from birth so I'm pretty much an expert on the quality and proper use of pads. The great reviews for these pads boggle the mind! Are we talking about the same product? These pads are absolutely terrible. They are smaller and thinner than any pad I've ever used and they leak! I want to return them but I've already open the bag of 100 I purchased. I may still return them because these pads are an absolute ripe off. And because of the majority positive reviews for this product which initially lead me to purchase it, I will take all Amazon.com reviews with a huge chunk of salt from now on!

2.0 out of 5 stars What Happened to this Product?, January 18, 2007
When I bought these pads at Amazon last year, a 50-pack was $11.99 -- now its $26.99! Does anyone know why this happened?

The pads themselves are fine and work beautifully with the pad holder, but I'm protesting against this price.

UPDATE APRIL 19, 2008

In my earlier review, I downrated the product for the price, which went through the roof, but still paid respect to the quality.

I just got a package from Amazon for $19.99 -- a better price. But the pads simply don't absorb. I tried a few and rocketed the package back to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best!, March 17, 2007
These are the best dog training pads that I have tried. My four and a half year old chihuahua prefers to use pads rather than to go outside, so I have tried various brands during the past few years. Neat 'n Dry pads are by far the most absorbent pads my dog has used.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good absorption for the $ (no longer a good value!), May 19, 2006
I really like these training pads. The gel is pretty absorbent for the cost. I would recommend these.
Revision: I, too, am not happy with the price increase. I went back to the economy pads from Petsmart.

IRIS Neat 'n Dry Puppy Training Pads, 100 Count