Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: IRIS Pet Carrier for Dog or Cat, Tan
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 12, 2009
Brilliant Design, incorporating vintage (1950's picnic hamper) look into modern product. Large and roomy -- very big cat would be comfortable. Could put covered ice packs in for hot travel w/out leaking. Sturdy plastic will clean easily w/garden hose. Slits will allow animal to be private and look out but no one can look in. Easy to carry. The locks are inventive and appear to be strong. Small lidded compartment on top is convenient. Very attractive. Will store in car for travel like a beachbag which works better for us than the rectangular crates. It may be our best carrier ever.
on April 17, 2010
i am owned by 12 (yes, twelve) rescued kitties. this is the best carrier i've found as it is easy to get them in and easy to clean. top loads are a must for cats---just not possible to shove them in sideways. i also have expensive sherpa carriers but they're not as good b/c they have a zip top, which is hard to zip with a struggling cat, especially when you're by yourself. also, my jezebel figured out how to open the zipper!! in addition, the sherpas are MUCH harder to clean. genevieve always vomits, poops, urinates or some combo every time, and the sherpas have nooks and crannies that i just can't get clean, in addition to the mesh panels. some kitties are also able to tear the mesh panels. not a problem with this carrier---solid plastic with no corners where excrement can remain. the soft sided carriers are smaller and easier if you have a small car but i still prefer this one as it is solid and more sturdy. even my psycho kitty moses--just plop him in and slam the lid b4 he knows what has happened. my vet thought this carrier was awesome. and it reminds me of the wizard of oz---the basket miss gulch put toto in. my 13.5 lb thug bagheera fits in just fine but a 17 lb cat likely would be too big for this carrier
on April 22, 2010
I was looking for a new type of carrier for my cats -- sturdy, top loading, and, of course, cute. This carrier filled all 3 requirements! Upon receipt of the carrier, I immediately put my 17 pound kitty in it and was pleased (and a little surprised) at how easy it was to carry and that the handles felt secure. The lid makes it easy to pop the cat in (it would have to be a tiny cat or kitten to come in and out of the smaller top opening). We've made a couple of trips to the veterinarian with different cats and the cats seem comfortable and everyone who has seen it wants it.
on August 21, 2011
We bought this nearly a year ago. Had never used it until yesterday. We took a young kitten to her first visit to the vet. When we opened the carrier there was blood smeared on the inside. The vent holes on the inside are as sharp as a cheese grater. If a pet bumps their nose it is likely to injure. Just rub the inside with your hand or try it with some cheddar.

I will be throwing this thing in the trash. I wouldn't want anybody to ever put a pet in it.

Update: Amazon has refunded the cost of the item. I am asking them to stop selling this item as I am certain others will have the same problem.
on July 9, 2011
I bought this especially to move house with my cats. I put one smallish cat in it, and she panicked. She thrashed around in the carrier, the latches popped open, and she bolted. I was carrying her outside when this happened; fortunately, she ran back into the house, and I was able to catch her again and transport her safely (I wrapped masking tape around the carrier to prevent her from opening it again).

This is an adorable carrier, and I had thought it was a quality product, but I could have lost my cat from these latches. It might be okay if you have a passive pet--but if there's any chance s/he will panic, don't buy it. This particular cat is usually a very calm, sweet baby, but she completely lost it in that carrier, and her thrashing made the sides bend (it's soft plastic), and the latches popped right open.
on May 14, 2011
The carriers are attractive enough, however, they're practically non-functional for holding large (15 + pounds) cats who don't want to be put inside.

Both of my cats repeatedly broke out of the cat holders without any special effort.

Poorly designed for holding large cats. The hasps that close the unit are easily opened by the least bit of exertion from my cats.

I actually wound up transporting each cat in a 20 gallon rubber-maid storage box securely taped down.

I donated both carries to the local pet shelter for transporting kittens. A more realistic use.

Don't waste your money if you have large, aggressive cats.
on July 8, 2010
This carrier is a great find for the price. Soft carriers sometimes get soiled while traditional front-load carriers are hard to get some pets into. At first glance, the carrier looked cheap. I thought the plastic walls were thin. Upon further inspection, they are quite sturdy. Plastic cleans easily even if it is not the most aesthetically appealing. For the price, I don't expect it to be a fancy item. It isn't, but it has a great design!

Pros:
- Small slits so the cats can see out, but they still have privacy
- Strong locks
- Little storage compartment where I keep my Rescue Remedy and treats
- There is an overhead window you can open if you want to put your hand in there without opening it up wide.

I tried to put my 17 lb cat in here and he just layed down and allowed me to shut the lid. There definitely was not enough room for him, he filled the carrier up and couldn't move. I was surprised that he just crawled in on his own, though. This is a smaller carrier, more suited for my 9 pound kitty. He should be able to turn around and sit up a little in it.
on July 20, 2011
The entire top lifts up so you can put your pet in. Then there's a smaller lid "door" you can open to check on them or pet them (and a cat can easily get out of). Everything is made of plastic so the lock to this door is not only plastic but it's small and my 10 lb cat pushed through it 4x on the way home from surgery while I was driving. Nearly cost me an accident.
on March 31, 2012
I had the same problem another reviewer had... My cat is older and very docile... she did not trash around... just sat in the carrier quietly. But pretty impossible to carry without it shifting and the cat's nose gets bloodied - the slats on the inside are very sharp and if the animal shifts or they just rub up against the inside slats they get cut. Too bad cause the top entry is easier, but they should have know the sharpness was a defect. This product is unacceptable !
on July 28, 2011
This carrier works very well for my 22lb (and mostly muscle) tomcat. Snug but it seems to calm him better than some other carriers I have had. I did have a problem initally-the latches were to loose-only one even latched.QC not great..Iris it was obvious. This is undoubtly why some reviews say their cat was able to muscle it open. The problem was easily fixed with a heat gun warming and curving the latches a little-now it's very strong. I think a hairdryer would work as well the plastic softened readily. Really suberb now-but knock off a star for the trouble.