Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on September 23, 2006
Iris has loads of experience developing OCR software so I'd hoped for something better.

1) The software throws an error message and crashes if the data files are not on your local machine so don't store them on a server. I lost of lot of data that way until I isolated the source of the error. There is nothing in the readme that lists this restriction.

2) The scanner worked for a day (scanned in 150 card) and then just stopped working. No error message from the application, I'd click the scan button, accept the scan dialog box, the box would close, but no scan.

3) Iris only does M-F 9-5 Eastern time tech support.

4) Of the 150 US business cards that I scanned, the software was not able to recognize the business name in about 50% of them. I had to enter it manually. Did not have that many problems with other fields though.

See 1 answered question