4.0 out of 5 stars Weaving plot lines - a two time read!
A good summer mystery read! The plot line twist was so subtle, at first I missed it. I love medical mysteries!
Published on June 16, 2011 by Teresa Forsyth

3.0 out of 5 stars Spell check does not an editor make....
Published on October 27, 2011 by Nettie D.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spell check does not an editor make...., October 27, 2011
This review is from: IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I read it over the course of 2 evenings. It read easily, except for the grammatical and spelling errors. My own spelling and grammar have gotten worse as I get older, but I am the type of person who, when reading, notice all the typos and other errors. It interrupts the flow of the story for me, and, in all honesty, is really irritating. Any high school graduate who did well in English would have caught these errors, had they sat down and simply read through the book two, too, to for starters.. were instead of we're... very very simple errors that would have been caught if the book was read, and not "spell checked"-- and I even question whether or not a spell-check was used Of note, I read the Kindle edition- perhaps the print version has fewer errors?

I did read and finish the book in 2 evenings, but it was mostly for lack of other reading material at hand.

I know nothing about the author, and perhaps it was his first book. If so, not bad. The book had lots of plot twists, and intertwining stories, but it was extremely simple, it's all been done before, is way too obvious, and lacked depth. Much of it read as if the outline of the story was written, and the holes were filled in after the fact. I had the villain picked out about 20% of the way in, because of one small chapter that was poorly placed, and from then on, the "twists" were obvious. Places where I may second guess myself and ask "wow, maybe it wasn't who I thought" were clearly there to try to throw the reader off, but the lack of depth made it too obvious.

Other parts of the book had me scratching my head asking "where did that come from?" since there was no blending of the story in many parts see my reference to the outline with holes filled in).. It seemed as if the author said "wait-- I didn't explain that well enough, let me add a chapter here".

A decent 99 cent read, but not quite enough to encourage me to buy another from this author. I'll keep him on my list though, and check out future reviews. Hopefully they get better, I think there is potential here.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would've been better, had someone proofread it first, October 24, 2011
This review is from: IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller (Kindle Edition)
This book was quite good, in theory. I liked the story line, and the plot moved along quite quickly. However, the spelling and grammatical errors got on my nerves so badly, I found myself concentrating more on the errors than on the plot itself. Please Amazon - consider fixing this book and re-issueing it so that the author has a fighting chances!

4.0 out of 5 stars Weaving plot lines - a two time read!, June 16, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible grammar, October 24, 2011
This review is from: IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller (Kindle Edition)
It's rare that I encounter grammar so bad that I stop reading for that reason alone. However, IRREFUTABLE joined that small group. I agree with the review by "man ely". I'd add "by who" and spurious, commas, to, the list of gramatical mistakes. I found the mistakes a major block to enjoyable reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just An Average Read, November 8, 2011
This review is from: IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller (Kindle Edition)
This book was an easy read, but I, like other readers, had a hard time getting past all the grammatical errors. I see the author has apologized, but first impressions are hard to forget. I suspect the author will make sure the correct version gets published from now on. I also found it hard to identify with and have compassion for his main character, Alex, as he didn't have much personality. I understand his unhappiness but he is so self-absorbed that I can't figure out why Rachel would have any attraction to him. It was a fairly predictable story with the ending somewhat unbelievable and seeming rushed after Alex gets caught up in the investigation. I might try another book by this author to see if the story is cleaned up a bit and the characters more developed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Book!, October 20, 2011
This review is from: IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller (Kindle Edition)
As an ER nurse and former SANE nurse I am usually very skeptical about fiction containing topics with which I am so familiar. Usually I end up disappointed because the story is not true to how medicine is practiced and I soon lose interest. Not the case with this book. It was excellently written and kept me on the edge of my seat. I was literally unable to put it down because I wanted to see the next twist and turn to the story. Unfortunately this story could actually happen, which is incredibly scary! The flow of the book is smooth and you keep wondering who is the perpetrator. It locked my attention quickly and kept it throughout. If you like suspense/mystery books this is a must-read!

I am looking forward to Dale's next book. Keep them coming!

Lisa Wheaton, RN

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Reading, December 21, 2012
This review is from: IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I was reluctant to purchase this book. But could not put it down once I started reading it. Very similar style to Patterson so if you like Patterson you will love this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, January 7, 2012
This review is from: IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. I truly couldn't stop reading. This book has many layers to the plot. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me reading!, December 9, 2011
This review is from: IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Irrefutable kept me reading all the way. Dale Roberts knows how to tell a story and he makes it hard to put down. I liked the characters and the twists and turns along the way. Good job, I hope we see more from this author.

1.0 out of 5 stars Story teller too arrogant to hire an editor, November 3, 2011
Gloria Wolk (Raleigh, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irrefutable (Paperback)
I can excuse the mistakes in quotation marks and commas but an editor would have told Roberts the correct spelling for "Yeah," instead of "Yea." An editor would have challenged the spelling of "hurts" ("That hurt's my feelings.) A fourth grade teacher would have insisted he use a dictionary to learn the meaning of the word "bazaar" and he would have realized "This sounds bazaar" should be "This sounds bizarre."

Roberts not only is too arrogant to hire an editor but too arrogant to do research. No therapist will interrupt a patient's 50 minute hour to speak with someone else, nor bump a bunch of patients to make time to address a group of police officers. The FBI does not allow psychiatrists or psychologists to take a profiling course and then go out to assist local police departments. Profiling is far too complex. Try reading the FBI website and learn something.

A decorated police detective who discloses confidential information to a nurse and his teenage daughter?

Dale Roberts does have talent. Too bad he is too lazy to do what is necessary to make his story ring true and be painless for readers. It definitely is not worth more than .99 and the time I took to read most of the book, hoping it would eventually live up to the praise of his many friends and relatives. They do not describe the book I read.

IRREFUTABLE: a Crime Thriller