Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood forum

IS this assassins creed 3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 12, 2010 2:30:51 AM PDT
N. Smith says:
just wondering stumbled upon this page and have never heard of it.

Posted on May 12, 2010 10:16:32 AM PDT
S. C. Koch says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 13, 2010 8:34:09 AM PDT
R. Backstrom says:
From what I can tell, it isn't. It doesn't have a number, which seems a dead giveaway that it isn't going to follow the main story line of what Desmond is going through. It's probably just a companion story like Bloodlines on the PSP, or the other games on the DS, where it continues Ezio's story.

From what I've read, it sounds like it'll have multiplayer though, which'll be cool. I liked AC2 enough that I'll probably pick this up as well.

Posted on May 13, 2010 6:10:57 PM PDT
This is not actually Assassins Creed 3. This is more like a spinoff (hence why there is no 3 in the title) and the main selling point of this game is that it is going to include multiplayer in a setting similar to Assassins Creed 2.

Why they are not calling it Assassins Creed 2: Brotherhood I'll never know.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 7:48:43 PM PDT
Elias Baer says:
Go to Gameinformer.com and search Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Read the articles there for more details. It is not Assassin's Creed 3. It is indeed a spinoff starring Ezio. Not sure yet if Desmond will be in it. Sure hope he is.

Posted on May 14, 2010 10:59:23 PM PDT
S. C. Koch says:
Apparently I'm an idiot. I was under the impression that this was AC 3. Obviously, I'm wrong.

Posted on May 15, 2010 10:24:01 AM PDT
ChomskyKnows says:
No

Posted on May 15, 2010 5:37:44 PM PDT
E. Hansen says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 17, 2010 2:07:22 AM PDT
Mit says:
Yes and No. It's the third Assassin's Creed game(not counting handhelds) But its not the third in the actual serious, its just a continuation of the Ezio storyline. Assassin's Creed 3 probably be announced next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2010 2:20:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2010 2:22:47 AM PDT
According to wikipedia it is a direct sequel to AC2. However, it doesn't mention Desmond in the description at all. I'm betting it's more a short (15 hours) sidegame than a sequel.

Posted on Jun 6, 2010 12:30:41 PM PDT

Posted on Jun 16, 2010 7:19:33 AM PDT
Kamilalbayaa says:
this is not ac3 this is a spin off like lets say X-men 2.5 this is assassins creed 2.5
i hope to see u all on the muliplayer

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 3:37:44 PM PDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GxX8R7Nf3A&annotation_id=annotation_574496&feature=iv
that link shows one of the game designers talking about ACB, he says it starts directly after AC2, and has a full campaign

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 8:54:27 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2010 6:34:52 PM PDT
No says:
calling it assassns creed 2 brotherhood would insinuate that it is an expansion rather than a real game. it still looks like an expansion to me though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2010 4:42:44 AM PDT
Rannxz says:
But it would be more accurate. Just like Halo 3: ODST. It was not an expansion, but a full game by itself...

Posted on Jul 13, 2010 7:17:43 PM PDT
not_dpk says:
If this is an expansion, then $60 for this game is pretty unreasonable. If it's not a full game, I don't know how they can get away with it. If it's a full game, then I don't understand how they created an entirely new game for sale so soon after AC2. This is sketchy. I will definitely need more information before I consider this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2010 12:35:53 AM PDT
yes it actually is going to follow desmonds story because nolan north confirmed that he will be in it

Posted on Aug 20, 2010 2:34:31 PM PDT
This is pretty much Assassin's Creed 2.5 or like someone said Halo 3:ODST. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a spin off of ACII. Assassin's Creed 3 is said not to be coming out for a few years. I believe they said You have to make them miss it a bit. So we won't be seeing it for a few years. But is a good idea because otherwise he'd be on Assassin's Creed overload. I'm looking forward to AC:Brotherhood and ready for the last installment of the Assassin's Creed Trilogy.

Posted on Aug 22, 2010 11:37:34 AM PDT
It picks up at the end of AC2 and continues the story. Also it seem like it is going to be a complete game.

Posted on Oct 15, 2010 12:24:18 AM PDT
I hear Assassins Creed 3 is going to take place in Russia.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 5:21:59 PM PDT
Mary Leblanc says:
Kyle, no, the 3rd will take place in Egypt. Its already been confirmed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 7:00:50 PM PDT
A customer says:
Where did you hear that at?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2010 10:56:40 AM PDT
Egypt? Where did you hear that lol. I heard Russia was confirmed from IGN.

Posted on Oct 21, 2010 7:05:27 AM PDT
I also heard Egypt. It had something to do with a picture posted by Ubi with an assassin standing in front of a pyramid...
Google: Assassins Creed 3 Egypt.
Who knows...
I also heard rumors of possible settings in Industrial age London or even something in Japan?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  May 12, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about