5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised. Great product for any body type
Got this last month and was so excited!. You see a lot of things TV but lately there has been an improvement in innovative products! I am 5'10" 190 and work out regularly. Yet this makes me sore every single time I use it. In fact, if I use it on a day I've done bench or significant upper-body stuff my arms will hurt for 15-20 minutes.

This really works. The...
Published on February 10, 2010 by A. Shah

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't give it 5 stars because of the workout chart
First let me say that I was a fan of the bullworker as a kid and this is the same thing. It is isomertric exercise which definitely does build muscle. I would rate this product 5 stars but becuase of the horrible chart it came with can only give it three.

Published on March 22, 2010 by Stephen M. Geraci

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't give it 5 stars because of the workout chart, March 22, 2010
This review is from: ISO 7X - Deluxe Edition - 7 Second Workout Revolution - As Seen on TV (Misc.)

The reason why the chart is so bad is because in several instances the pictures don't match the exercise. I could not believe they would not fix this before selling it to the public. The point of having a chart with pictures is that once you get used to the workout, you can just look at the pictures and proceed, however, sadly after I noticed several of the pictures were duplicates, I read the paragraph below and realized they were describing a completely different exercise. Very poor practice for a product that is very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised. Great product for any body type, February 10, 2010
A. Shah (Fullerton, CA) - See all my reviews

This really works. The quality of the product is so-so but its intended effect is there and you cannot get this workout anywhere else. Buy it! You may have to replace it in a year or so due to its plastic construction but its worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Iso trainer not a gym replacement, March 11, 2010
I have used this for the past 3 months (all winter) on and off and see results with the use of this "car shock" type device. I do alot of modified exercises using this machine to hit target areas like upper and lower abs etc. It works. Its strong and very durable. Cant really get the chest to work out it mostly uses my arms when I try but that most likely my own fault.

It will not replace lifting if your trying to add mass (muscle) but it will make a huge impact if you use it HARD..

Peace!

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the Price for the Casual User, February 1, 2011
Daryl J. (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
The ISO-7X is an inexpensive knock-off of the bullworker, with the main difference being the nylon pull straps along the sides of the compression bar, compared to steel cords of the original. My biggest concern is its durability over time. I'm only on my 4th week, and have noticed the nylon straps have already started to fray slightly. For improved muscle tone with quick, light workouts, I think the ISO-7X will work okay. But for those seeking to seriously bulk-up, you may be better off with the bullworker in the long-run.

The instruction chart does not fully explain how to properly use the straps. There are two straps on each side of the ISO-7X. Grabbing a different combination of the straps allows you to adjust the extension of the hands/arms when performing an exercise that involves pulling. For example, grabbing both straps on each side and then pulling them outward results in limited movement with immediate resistance. The chart describes this as an "inner range" exercise. Grabbing two straps on one side, and the single INNER strap (closest to the bar) on the other side, is called a "middle range" exercise, where the arms can extend out further before full resistance is reached. Finally, a "full range" exercise involves grabbing one OUTSIDE strap, and the one INSIDE strap on the other side. This allows you to even more fully pull out on the straps before full resistance is reached.

As other reviews have noted, the chart photos are sometimes wrong. Pay closer attention to the verbal descriptions, which I believe are accurate. For exercises that involve pulling the straps, look out for the words "full range", "middle range" or "inner range" so you know which straps to grab.

4.0 out of 5 stars RECOMMEND PRODUCT AND BEFORE THE STORES, September 29, 2010
Usually when I am totally satisfied with the product and the service I rate the item 5 stars.

In this case I rated the product only four stars, but the shipper gets five stars even though shipping was four days late. The shipper credited my entire shipping cost back to my card becuse of the delay even though they shipped it the day after receiving the order. That's five stars to me taking responsibility for the service end.

With respect to the product the ISO 7X product. I agree with some of the other reviewers. This is a Bullworker where the vinyl covered steel cables were replaced with nylon fabric straps that will eventually snap for the body builder types. However I am 56 years old and suffering with Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis, Fibromyalgia, and Sjogren's so it will probably l;ast me forever. But I gave it 4 Stars because the Bullworker was a better product that lasted a lifetime, but it cost me more even in 1970s. So I got what I paid for.

I don't know what the previous complaints were about the wall chart, it was perfectly understandable to me. Anyone using their left or right side of their brains should find the instructions and pictures perfect.

As far as having grips and a carrying bag, I agree with the other reviewers it should have come with the ISO 7x Delux. So being relatively happy with my product and the previous service outcome, I ordered the carrying case and grips last night. I would have ordered it all at the same time, but was not sure if it came with the original package. The total cost is still a good price, but for you power builders, you may want to consider a unit that is more ruggedly constructed with stainless steel nylon covered cables at the much higher cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of equipment!!, December 24, 2010
It's good for toning and building strength. The chart is confusing, I think it should of came with a dvd instead. Some exercises look exactly the same but the wording is different to make it seem as if its another in and of itself. Other than the obscure chart this bullworker does the trick. Prepare yourself to be soar afterwards because its a lot harder than it looks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, November 12, 2009
I've been using it for about a week now and wow you can definetly tell the difference! My muscles are tighter and bigger. Be ready to get really sore the next day. But don't worry its a good sore lol =]

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic at home or on the road..., October 26, 2013
I have owned Bullworker, and Bullworker like items for the last seven years. I used an original Bullworker a few years back to facilitate strength training for jogging. Then I started using the Bullworker as a stand a lone gym. In 2010 I spent two weeks in the Caymans and took my new Iso 7x with me. It was great for workouts.

I keep it in my class room if I am busy and down't have time for a "real" workout.

It works, it saves time, and it travels.

5.0 out of 5 stars ISO-7 DELUXE, April 13, 2013
Works great and is very durable. I've had it 5 weeks now and see results. I would definitely recommend this item to everyone. It can be used in combo with most any workout. Best of all the price can't be beat!

4.0 out of 5 stars ISO 7Deluxe Edition, April 1, 2011
Demetrios Haratsaris (Astoria, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I remember the bull worker since I was a teenager.
A friend was using it along with light weights at his home daily and he had incredible results.
I recommend this product if you don't want to spend a lot of money and space for storage at your home.

ARRAY(0x9e37f570)