Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: It's Just a F***ing Date: It's Just a Date
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 5, 2008
I don't know why this book has not been released in North America yet, considering how successful Behrendt's previous books have been. Oh well. I am so glad I had the good sense to buy it on a recent trip to the UK. Written in the same style as Behrendt's previous two books, if you liked his writing then, this book will be a natural complement.

The first part of the book sets out principles, or just a set of personal values a person would want to hold in order to do well dating. The second part is more practical dating protocol to maintain interest and self-honesty. Dating is what you do as a prelude to a relationship, and this book lays the guidelines to helping you do just that. A good way to think of this book is sort of like a much cooler version of "The Rules", written in Behrendt's unique style.

I have found that in each one of Behrendt's books, there is a small essay that makes the whole book a gem, worth its weight in gold. For me, that gem came on page 233, and the importance of pursuing your dreams. I loved that and re-read that again and again. The other essay of his I loved was on page 88, where he speaks about taking care of ourselves. It is his honesty and humorous candor that is so refreshing and special, and has made me a fan of his.

These gems alone make any price or effort of import well worth it and deserving of the full five stars rating. Out side of these bits, you have a very easy, light read that is entertaining and reinforces time honored dating advice.
on April 9, 2009
i loved this book, but just a warning, the first half is pretty much just about you and mentally getting to the point where you are ready to date and how to be a good dater. there was a lot of good stuff in there that made me really think and reconsider things in my life. for that i am very grateful. my only complaint is that i wanted more details and advice about the acutal dating part. i feel like they did not devote enough time or details about actually going on dates and after dates. all in all, it really gave me a new and optimistic outlook on dating.
on December 13, 2013
Right on target!! be a person, a whole person first and take it from there.. The author's don't mince words about being yourself , healthy and happy within before even looking for the right one. One date at a time, Girls.
on January 25, 2012
I love all of Greg Behrendt's books and honestly they all helped me after a really bad break-up. His sense of humor is incomparable. I would check out "its called a break up because its broken" as well-awesome!
on September 30, 2013
I am already in a serious relationship and have been for about eight months now. The reason I was able to be in said relationship was because I read Greg and Amiira's Break Up book and was able to let go of the jerk I had been with and learned to be with me.

About this book: I believe a lot of these principles are already set in their Break Up and HJNTIY books but they are worth spinning around to aim them at the dating world. For me, it was an incredible reminder of the little things that made my boyfriend fall in love with me (Confidence was the number one item on his list, which he said to me, he thought he was being too picky about until he met me). I am glad to say that even though I didn't read this book before starting my best relationship ever, I did follow Greg and Amiira's principles (maybe because of too many re-reads of It's Called a Break Up and HJNTIY) and got an amazing guy.

Word to the wise: I LOVED the Deal Breakers against the Standards section. My mother used to say to me: "Pick a handsome guy, your friends will envy you for a month. Pick a NICE, ATTENTIVE and KIND man and your friends will envy you... FOR LIFE!!" My boyfriend is scottish and he might not be the most handsome of guys (for me he is ;)) but he is definitely the nicest, kindest and most loving man I have ever met. He's the guy Greg pictured for me when I was reading HIJNTIY and the one Amiira and Greg pictured for me while I was reading It's Called a Break Up.

The positive thinking of this couple is incredibly inspiring and their no-nonsense approach is amazing. I look forward to any other books they might write (hint, hint, perhaps one about getting a relationship to last, surviving fights and letting go of drama... learning this was a milestone in my own relationship, but it had to be learned the hard way... ).

I'd like to thank both Greg and Amiira and once again state how much I admire them. This book was a great read (read it in two days) and just like with their other books, will always be a re-readable in my kindle. :)
on January 22, 2014
I read this and "He's Just Not That Into You" right after a major break up. MAN! had I read both books before (like in college) it would've saved me a lot of trouble in my mid-twenties. I highly recommend reading this not just for women but for men too. It gives hints to men to look out for the "crazy girl" which is very critical. For women, it can either establish proper date behavior before engaging a date or for a woman who is fresh out of a relationship and is a bit frazzled still.
on March 3, 2014
Fabulous! Read it and apply to your life. Fun, insightful and is sticking with me!! I saw the Oprah Super Soul Sunday about this book with the authors and it motivated me to buy and read the book.
on December 6, 2012
As a big fan of Greg Behrendt's straightforward relationship advice, this book does not dissapoint. He and his wife tell it like it is while offering solid tips for how to get 'em, read 'em, and rock 'em! Totally worth all five stars. This should be required reading for anyone who ever wants to be in a relationship. It changed my perspective and made my dating life everything I had wanted it to be but didn't know how to make it! :)
on March 7, 2014
Every girl/woman should read this!!! It is entertaining and so TRUE!! Make sure you pay it forward after you read it!!
on May 15, 2014
good reminder of what dating can be all about! I enjoyed reading the book, and even used some of the tips!