4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much what I expected.
Item arrived in a very timely manner.
I purchased the red colored cover.
It brings an at first unusual brightness to my keyboard, but I'm already loving how it muffles the sound of typing. The fit is perfect over all the keys.
But I have 3 small issues.
Published on January 4, 2010 by Paggie

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not get this
It makes your keyboard look pretty and colorful is all. The text doesn't line up too well. After a while the material seems to have stretched or expanded (maybe due to sitting on my laptop when it would heat up a bit while I was running programs) so now when I put it on it doesn't fit well.

It may be cheap but still, I wouldn't even bother.
Published on April 24, 2012 by RaspberryMangoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much what I expected., January 4, 2010
This review is from: IVEA Keyboard Silicone Cover Skin for New Aluminum Unibody Macbook Pro 13, 15, 17 inches -FIT ALL (RED) (Electronics)
Item arrived in a very timely manner.
I purchased the red colored cover.
But I have 3 small issues.
#1: The red keys have white printed letters on them and those letters do not perfectly overlap the letters on my Macbook's keyboard. This becomes somewhat of an issue when using the backlighting on the keyboard in dark settings.
#2: The F5 and F6 keys are the function keys for the keyboard backlight. They are not printed on the cover. I can only see them faintly through the red silicone. They can be seen better when the backlighting is on, but that seems redundant.
#3: When my item arrived there were no instructions or paperwork at all in the package. Not only that, the silicone wasn't even wrapped up in any packaging. It was just in a paper envelope. So to know how to care for this item I'll have to make sure I go over the listing's product information. This is the main reason I'm giving this item four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 16, 2010
Just got my cover in the mail yesterday and it's perfect.
I've been reading previous reviews and was a bit worried about the packaging/fit. But, IVEA must've took the complaints from here to heart. They packaged the keyboard cover in this super nifty apple-esque box that unrolled the silicone keyboard perfectly flat.The F5 and F6 buttons are now properly printed on. When I turn the backlight on, the lettering on the keyboard and the lettering on my macbook matches up. Not to mention the backlight looks really cool with the red cover. Even close up, the keyboard to my macbook looks like I personally painted the keys red then painstakingly drew on the white letters.
Typing with the cover is incredibly easy. There's no learning curve. The keys just feel softer to your fingertips. When you're in a place like the library, it's also nice that the clickity-clackety noise is muffled so that it won't bother the other people around you.
Best of all, the cover doesn't slide around! I turned my keyboard upside down and only the bottom left edge comes down a little bit.
This thing is great.

Edit: I've had this cover for a couple of months and I'm still satisfied with my purchase. There's one quirk that I would like to note though. You can't tell when the caps lock is turned on or off with the cover over the keys. The nice, useful green light can't be seen through the thick silicone. That is a major downer. Otherwise, the keyboard cover and keyboard are still in ship shape!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not get this, April 24, 2012

It may be cheap but still, I wouldn't even bother.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, March 2, 2011
The price couldn't be better. I purchased it from Amazon (not a reseller) and received it quickly. On the plus side, the F5 and F6 keys have the brightness icons on them. That was a worry I had because some of the others didn't have them, according to the reviews. But the letters don't line up with the keyboard... It's not that big of a deal when you're using it in the bright light, but if you use it at night or in a dark room, with the backlit keyboard it looks really confusing, and quite frankly, stupid. It's not worth it for me, I feel that it makes the computer look worse rather than better. But I'm giving it 2 stars, because it was a really low price, and for what you paid for, I guess it's not that bad. Just know that if you want the black keyboard to disappear and have it look like your keyboard was originally red, it isn't happening.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made from a really cheap thin rubber, November 6, 2011
It does not stay on your keyboard very well since it is very thin and cheap. i would not buy this product again

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!, December 22, 2013
I've had this for over a year now. This helps keep all the dirt and nasty stuff that gets into your keyboard and the letters and numbers are still intact! Looks cool and I would highly recommend this to anyone thinking about purchasing it.

1.0 out of 5 stars too big, April 3, 2012
william schmalfeldt (San Leandro, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This keyboard cover was said to fit a macbook pro up to 17 inches. i have a 17 inch macbook pro and this keyboard cover was too big! it draped over the side of my keyboard so i bought one from topcase for cheaper and that seems to work much nicer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it., March 23, 2012
Looks cool, feels horrible. Does not fit well on my macbook pro '13, it is clearly too big. Which makes sense. How can something like this be one size fits all? The letters painted on do not match up with the letters on the keyboard, which makes it look horrible when the backlight is on.

It doesn't stay on at all, and feels awkward to type on.

If it was smaller (fit better) and the letters were painted on in the right place this would be a great product.

Not recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Garbage, February 19, 2012
I bought this for my macbook pro, it was garbage didn't fit on i t and didn't sit into place... Was really not worth buying thanks for nothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars takes a while..., February 12, 2011
This is a cover that takes a little bit to get used to. your typing will slow down initially but after like a week of using it im back to typing just as fast on my macBook Pro.
Great for protection and greasy fingers!