5.0 out of 5 stars Best Music On The Planet
In the beginning of the movie Contact, our planet earth is shown wildly spinning through space, expelling out transmissions of television and radio. The feeling is that we are representing ourselves to possible listeners from beyond. It's a fascinating thought, and more than a little embarrassing if you think about it.

This live cd by Bruddah Iz is something...
Published on October 26, 2005 by D. Webster

3.0 out of 5 stars IT'S A LIVE CD
Aloha,
Brada Iz is the bomb..I'm Hawaiian and live on Oahu... I bought this because I was looking for the song "Hawaii Aloha" to play at the grave site at the services for my mom. It is on this CD.. I don't care for Live Performance CD's too much noise, breaks, talking....I just like straight music one after the other. The songs are always great..so rating...
Published 10 months ago by activetutu

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Music On The Planet, October 26, 2005
D. Webster (Falmouth, Maine) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)

This live cd by Bruddah Iz is something very special. It's something that would make me proud to broadcast into space, traveling until it's received and pondered by an intelligent lifeform. It's powerful, beautiful music, presented by a kind-hearted man. This is absolutely how I would like our planet to be represented. Perhaps this is why I frequently listen to Iz after I've overdosed on the complexities and harshness of living, or the bad vibes seen on the news.

Someone below stated that there is too much talking, and not enough music. I don't get it. I have everything that Iz ever created, including cds, dvds and videos, and treasure every single one. The fact that he does talk is what is special here. Iz is a generous window into an indigenous culture, and he shares this like no other. But, the cd is mostly about the music, and I never gained a sense that this is chatty or unmusical. I love hearing him talk, especially since he has moved on and the talking has stopped. At the end of Alone In IZ World there is a secret track, where he is talking about having trouble breathing, shortly before he moved on. This is powerful, and very moving.

Facing Future is a great place to start, and this cd is a great second ... or perhaps E Ala E. But, I've nearly worn this one out. Iz was musical down to his bones, but more than that his music is healing and represents the highest nature of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars The legend The myth The man The haunting voice...Braddah IZ, June 26, 2002
mypetconcubine (Waianae, Hawaii U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
This is one of the best Albums braddah Iz ever did cause it is a live album you hear the beauty of his voice in a raw and at his best Live...
I am a hawaiian and hawaii born and bred islander, I am blessed by the fact that my parents brought me up with hawaiian music but most of all the late great Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole. The day that shocked hawaii I was out and about with my family when my father stoppped at a gas station as he came out of the gas station a newpaper in his hand and a heartbroken look on his face..." what's the matter daddy" he handed me the paper and i started to cry there it was "Braddah Iz passed away at the age of 38 in his sleep last night" I couldn't beileve it such a beautiful voice silenced he will never make another record.But just to have had Braddah Iz on this earth for just this short time to hear the music with and without the makaha sons of Niihau is truly magical..so his music lives on. I've read all these amazing reviews of Braddah IZ...I am happy and touched that so many people have been touched by his music. Unforunately i didn't know braddah iz but in a way all us hawaii born islanders always seem to truly know braddah Iz, his music touched us all. to understand how huge Braddah Iz was he is still mourned and celebrated in hawaii and his music is still played constantly on the radio.The day of his birth and passing is celebrated like a national holiday. When you listen to any of the LATE and GREAT Israel Kamakwiwo'Ole's cds..you will hear one the most beauitful voices god ever put on this earth. But when you look at this man ,this giant man with this amazing angel like voice you will be blown away. god gave this late singer the voice of angel. a voice that must have been blessed and touched by god himself and it was...the songs , music and lyrics will leave you speechless and breathless ..his voice and the way he delivers the songs with that teardrop in his vocal chord...will send chills up and down your spine..any of this mans cds is excellent and it is a must of anyone who wants to get a cd that reflects the spirit of islands this man , this legend was the spirit of hawaii, BRADDAH IS WAS AND STILL IS HAWAII. even thou IZ passed away some time ago his voice his music his legend still lives is the islands thru his voice and music.his voice alone will leave you with a tear in your eyes... buy any one of his cds..trust me it's worth it...also braddah iz was with a hawaiian group called Makaha sons of Niihau pick up those cs as well, and let the memory of Braddah IZ and his music live on for the future generations to hear and love

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, October 25, 2001
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
I bought this for my 81 year old mother, we both LOVED this CD. I never bought any Hawaiian music before. I knew nothing about IZ and was heart-broken to discover he had passed from this world. Great audio clarity for a concert. Gorgeous voice. Wonderful selection of songs. If you're listening to music of this genre for the first time, I can't image a better CD exists.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful voice in Hawai'ian music - Maika'i !!, October 15, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
Recorded live at concerts on the Continent and in Hawai'i, this is a collection of favorites. Israel's voice is as perfect as in any studio recording and the presence of the audience spurs him on to greater heights (and some mediocre jokes). The included song introductions and Iz's monologues on "Hawai'ian-ness" and sovereignty are invaluable insights into his heart, much like Bob Marley's "Talkin' Blues". The powerful "E Ala E" and "Hawai'i '78" and Iz's risque version of the classic "Henehene Kou Aka" are his best ever. You'll never find a better live album. Party, Cuz!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawaii's Best!, February 23, 2001
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
On my first day in 99 in Hawaii, on Kauai, I went to a little outdoor Hawaiian music booth and told the lady behind the counter I was new and wanted the biggest and best of Hawaiian music. She told me all about IZ and recommended me this CD. I bought it, and fell intstantly in love. I listened to the first song 10 times before I moved on to the next song. I played this CD the whole two weeks I was in Hawaii, over and over. Then I read up on the man and learned who he really was for Hawaii. I felt like I got in touch with the heart and soul of Hawaii listening to IZ. He is now my all-time favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is incredible thought evoking beautiful music!, June 19, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
Having been a fan of brother Iz for many years now that he is gone we are blessed that his music lives on with each of us. His voice is fantastic and the words to the songs that he wrote are wonderful. Everyone that has ever heard this CD in my home or car or office wants it. Jerry Kritzman, Hana Maui jerry@giftcreations.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Iz Lives, October 24, 2001
kevin (rockaway, new jersey United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
Wow, is all you can say after you listen to the this cd, it's incredible. Opening, with the soft soothing ahi wela it gets a wonderfuil start. After four slow melodic songs margarita livens it up with a great modern sound that only Iz could perfect. The back half of the cd is even more unbeleivable with great tracks like n dis' life, white sandy beach, and hawai'i 78 that will put you in a trance. Topping it all off Iz sings E Ala E, the crowd alone sends chills right through me, the song is truly magical. The quality of this cd is fantastic it feels like you are there with Iz. It is a great collection of his music and if you are looking for Hawaiian music this is a must. Iz's voice sounds as if it is from heaven and he creates music that is completely unforgetable. So everyone go out and buy Iz:The man and his music, and never forget this great man with a giant's heart. Iz lives on in our hearts forever!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars IZ, the sweetest hawaiian sound yet, August 25, 2001
fred nelli (la selva beach, ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
I heard Isreal for the first time at the end of the movie FINDING FORRESTER, and wanted to know who that guy was...I was recently in Kauai and had the extreme pleasure of finding all 5 of his albums. Of course I got them all, with a frown from my girlfried. But she now likes his music too. I unfortunately found out after returning that he had passed on a few years ago. Boy! it was a shock to me. I was looking forward to more of his recordings in the future. However, his future is now and there won't be any more recordings. All of his songs amplify his talents of sound, honesty and true Hawaiian ancestry. His humaness is heard along with his unmistakable voice over all others. This album is truly a joy to listen to, even though LIVE recordings are not usually the very best. Go ahead and get it, you won't be sorry. This is a Hawaiian music lover's DELIGHT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Beauty, December 27, 2003
Maureen Dugan (Maricopa, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
My friends came to visit me over the holidays. They had with them a cd player and were listening to some music. I walked into their Winnebago and was immediately transfixed by the voice of the man singing. I asked them who they were listening to. They said, "IZ". I had no idea who that was, but they saw tears well up in my eyes while I listened to him sing. When they left, they put the IZ - The Man and his Music, In Concert in my purse. I have listened to it over and over again. I can't believe what I had been missing. Five stars is truly not enough for this incredibly gifted man...a man who left our earth way too soon. ENJOY...ENJOY...ENJOY

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD Ever, May 29, 2001
Amazon Customer (Denver, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music (Audio CD)
My sister turned me on to Iz years ago. Then I heard him singing on the ending of the movie Meet Joe Black. I purchased this CD as an experiment and was totally overwhelmed. The voice of Iz will come right out of the CD and touch you deeply. Warning! This CD is absolutely addicting. I can't get most of the wonderful tunes or lyrics out of my head. And my 6 and 8 year old sons won't stop playing it in the car either. One of the best buys in music I have ever made.

IZ in Concert:  The Man and His Music
IZ in Concert: The Man and His Music by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole (Audio CD - 1999)