5.0 out of 5 stars Seems durable
Product came as discribed, but shipped a day later than specified. My wife loves it, so that make me very happy. It is light weight and seems durable.
Published 19 months ago by Stephen Lamar Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but poor quality
Very good looking set of luggage. I purchased the black IZOD set and was very happy at first. However, the first time I used the rolling duffle, the wheel shredded off. POOR QUALITY
Published on June 1, 2012 by Pg

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but poor quality, June 1, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars update to "just purchased", May 26, 2012
This review is from: IZOD Luggage Metro 5 Piece Set (Apparel)
I just purchased the black set through ebags. Nice looking, light weight, comparable to my American Tourister bags. Not sure how they are going to withstand frequent use. We will see. Good price for a set with both a rolling duffle and 28 " Pullman. The small toiletry bag is a joke. They should have just left that out of the set.

update*** I have had this luggage for less than five months....barely used but falling apart. Worst made luggage ever purchased. Do not buy.

update #2...the 28" pullman has just ripped from the zipper about 6 inches on both sides of the bag. This luggage is complete trash. I haven't even had it a year. The repair company is rude and unwilling to help. I am going back to American Tourister which will last me about 4 years.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy!, November 10, 2013
It is too small and too heavy in today's time. The luggage should be lighter but strong. I could only use two pieces.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality!!!, April 23, 2013
Dont waste your money on this set!
Its made of the cheapest materials and suffered carrying the luggage because the handle broke while My husband was just pulling it considering that it was NEW and its the FIRST TIME we used it! End up throwing it in the garbage!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems durable, February 19, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, September 17, 2012
Dave (United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this luggage set for a recent trip I made hoping it would last awhile.
After one round trip flight the material is falling apart at the stitches, the handles no longer stay in place.
Also the fabric is thin and ripped just from baggage handling on a plane.
I would look for a better quality product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for airline use., November 4, 2012
This set of luggage looks good when it first arrives. It is not a 5 piece set it is a 4 piece set with a toiletry bag, I couldn't consider it a piece of luggage. The issue I had originally was the right dimensions weren't posted anywhere on-line that I could find. 30"x18"x12" are the approximate exterior dimensions of the 28" upright and 21.5"x14"x8" for the 20" upright. Even the dimensions on the card that comes with the bag are off. I own a few other IZOD products, primarily clothes, and they are decent quality. These bags are a big let down.

There are 2 big design flaws that make them what I would consider bad quality; the wheels and the stitching.

The wheels on the 28"expandable upright have started to flare out to the side and don't roll particularly well. Someone else mentioned how they shredded off of there bag and with what I have seen I would not doubt it.

The stitching is my big problem though. The expandable material (which is very thin) tore open on the bottom side of the bag. Not a huge problem because I could close the zipper and it would still hold the bag shut. However when it tore the stitching started to come unraveled, the stitching the holds the compartment zipper to the expansion zipper. This was a huge deal for me. I had to fly from Hawaii to Kansas City through Seattle and the whole time I was worrying if my bag would make it through without ripping open. In order to reinforce it I used about 20 safety pins and 3 luggage straps. This was the return trip from my first trip with these bags. I only took 2 of them (the non-duffels) and only one seemed to hold up well.

If IZOD fixed the stitching and the wheels they would be great bags. The material itself is pretty durable, they look nice and they are sized for airline travel. Even if the aren't made well enough for it right now.

The reason I am giving these bag a 2 star instead of a 1 star is that the bags still hold items and only one of the two I used got damaged. I can still use these for roads trips/vacations but I will not be checking any of these bags at the airport again, they just are not sturdy enough for it.

The tag that came on the bags says it has a 3 year warranty so I will e-mail IZOD and see what they can do to mend this problem.

I would not recommend this set to anyone unless they are using it for road trips AND they plan to be very gentle with the bags. Anything else and they will likely let you down in a huge way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Handle Assembly Too Fragile, April 6, 2014
During first use, the largest piece was used for one airline round trip. Upon returning, the handle will not release out of the internal core. At the bottom of the handle core, the base has broken off. The plastic base was insufficient in thickness to withstand any stress caused by weight if stacked flat. The airline disclaimed any responsibility for the breakage, and I believe that their position is reasonable. Laid flat on smaller luggage, any other weight stacked on it would break the plastic base if the edges were not supported. I intend to return both this set and an additional one purchased together.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, June 4, 2013
This luggage set it great! I love the style of it, and although at the airport everyone's luggage is black the red and silver logo really helps with identifying your pieces. Its very durable and stylish!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, December 25, 2012
good quality. I wish it had a mid level size. 2 that are small and 1 large. good for the price

IZOD Luggage Metro 5 Piece Set