5.0 out of 5 stars "Metrix Fit" is Great for Shorter Inseams
The biggest benefit and selling point of these pants is the "Metrix Fit". What IZOD has done is make the rise of the pant (distance between the waist and crotch) in proportion to the inseam length. Short inseam = short rise, long inseam = long rise.

Published on February 23, 2008 by Byron K. Powell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but remember. . .
These are not expensive pants. Accordingly, while the value is pretty good, don't expect the finest grade of cotton, or an extraordinary fit. Many of the negative reviews of these slacks are unfair because it seems they expected high-grade spun Egyptian cotton and custom tailoring, if that's what you want, go buy it (and expect to pay accordingly).

That said,...
Published 12 months ago by john kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars "Metrix Fit" is Great for Shorter Inseams, February 23, 2008
This review is from: IZOD Men's American Chino Pleated Pant (Apparel)

These are perfect for guys with shorter inseams who normally have the problem when they buy other pants that the rise is too long, the pants are baggy and the back/bottom of the leg hits the ground and wears out. You may be tempted to go with a shorter inseam so they don't hit the ground, but you will probably still have baggy pants. I have a 31" inseam (that is rarely available) and 32" Dockers used to have the best fit since their inseam is slightly shorter than others, but the back of the leg sometimes still hits the ground. IZOD's Metrix Fit with a 30" inseam fit great. The legs are just at the right length (barely - I wish they made 31" inseams), don't hit the ground, and most importantly - they are not baggy at the crotch. Great fit, great quality, great pants!

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative & humorous review - Izod Metrix fit design works for folks caught in between inseam sizes of other brands, January 10, 2014
This review is from: IZOD Men's American Chino Pleated Pant (Apparel)
January 2014. This is a serious, informative review, liberally sprinkled with classic insight and irreverent humor please benefit from it and enjoy. As you would expect anyone shopping for pleated cuffed trousers this reviewer is of a "classic" mindset, and that is the case here...

I stumbled upon these IZOD Metrix Fit pants looking to restock my closet with hard-to-find 1) classic 2) pleated, 3) cuffed... trousers. These are claimed to be "out of style" right now by contemporary fashion mavens but they are of course wrong. Classics like "Wayfarer" sunglasses, "Topsider" boat shoes, or "Harris Tweed" sport coats never really go out of style for design purists - that is why classics are recognized as "classics." And of course what is out-of-style is eventually back-in-style - on the "fashion merry-go-round" so why play that game?

From the IZOD website: "IZOD's Metrix Fit varies the rise of the pants to match the waist and length to create a better, more custom look." My experience is that this statement is true. I am a purest consumer, not a clothes designer, however the IZOD Metrix fit/cut really does appear to produce pants with a more correct inseam length for pleated and I assume non-pleated pants. Short "high-water" cuffed trousers are an embarrassment, and too-long trousers drag/abrade cuffs in the back to the point the trousers look tattered.

These Metrix cut pants are ideally cut for someone that is caught in between inseam sizes of other-vendor/conventionally cut trousers. E.g. if 30" inseam is too short but the rear of 32" inseams drag on the ground, I recommend you give a pair of these a trial fit. You can order in the length that is a bit too short for you (in other sizes - I believe the IZOD cut will be close to just right for you. I generally have to have the inseam/cuffs adjusted/tailored to fit, as I mentioned I am "caught between two sizes" in most all pants products offered of other vendors.

The cotton chino fabric is reasonably wrinkle resistant. They claim to also be stain resistant and I was able to brush off some dirt on some khaki colored pants so that seems true. I'd prefer the chino material to be thicker, thus more luxurious but it's more than adequate. Even the company that produced the "Terrain's End" you know the name - custom inseam pants has thinned-out their the pants material, so most all pants on the market are similar. I'm just relieved to purchase to get pants that don't require time-consuming, costly tailoring adjustments.

I generally have to buy long and have the inseam/cuffs tailored shorter to fit - as I am "caught between two sizes" in most all products of other vendors. Suggest if you are also "caught between inseam sizes," that you give a pair of Izod Metrix pants a try before you order long and head to the tailor shop.

It's also easier, and more affordable, to buy these via Amazon or other on-line vendor rather than driving all around town and re-experiencing the guy-horror of large shopping malls or large foofoo department stores.

And if you prefer a classic wardrobe in the closet, buy an assortment of these -quickly- before they are (yes) no longer available for sale for a few years until the fashion merry-go-round returns to these classics to the market place. They are already not pictured on the IZOD website - apparently the contemporary fashion mavens have banned them for several years. Because these classics are incorrectly labeled "out-of'style" you may even benefit from a discounted price... classic pragmatics win, fashionistas lose! ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and good looks!, September 28, 2007
Thomas Schweinefuss "thomasobx" (Alexandria, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
So far so good. These pants have nice substantive feel to them, yet soft. The pants look as good at the end of the day as the beginning. I would buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but remember. . ., January 26, 2014
This review is from: IZOD Men's American Chino Pleated Pant (Apparel)

That said, these are nice medium weight khakis that are perfect for movie night or a saturday outing. The sizing is good. If you're like me, and appreciate a sharp crease, know that these are difficult to iron crisply. ( god save us from 'perma-press!' Keep that treatment, manufacturer, and let us iron our own!)

All your pants shouldn't have to be office-wear quality and cut. These are a good second level pair of trousers, and I recommend them as such.

5.0 out of 5 stars IZOD Men's American Chino Pleated Pant, 38x34, October 10, 2013
Quality with Izod trousers are just great. I bought 9 pairs of pants for the purpose of wearing them during playing golf. They are a perfect fit and material is cotton which is second to none.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pants, January 24, 2007
The pants seem to be good quality, but I've only had them 1 month. They fit well and were as described. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long wearing, good looking pants., July 25, 2010
Once I find a pair of pants that fits me well and I like, I tend to stick with them as long as they are of good quality. I have ordered about 35 pairs of these Izod Metrix-Fit Chinos in various colors and sizes over the past 5 years as I have gained and lost substantial weight during this time.

I wear them almost everyday and, contrary to other reviews on this site, I have found them to be very durable and find that they maintain their good looks wash after wash. Yes, I have worn out several pair of these pants in time and with heavy daily use but I highly recommend them for their quality and fit and definitely feel I received good value.

I am a big guy and I like the shorter rise these pants have built-in so the pants are not too baggy in the seat and back of the legs even in my current larger 42W x 30L size. Now if I can just drop the pounds to get back into my 38W x 30L set of pants I will have more nice pants to try to wear out. They fit great too when I was into them but I can't blame Izod for them being currently in a box waiting to be worn again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Baggy pants, December 2, 2013
Darnedifino (McLean, Virginia) - See all my reviews
Had to return these. While they fit around the waist and length was OK, the legs and seat were very baggy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oversize Izod., April 17, 2013
Most 32W 30L trousers fit quite well but these were a little big (more like 33W 31L).Otherwise very good;neat cut,quite smart and dressy.A pity about size because with the metrix fit the rise is spot on.Would buy more if the waist measurement was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Izod is the best!, June 27, 2013
Izod has the best cotton khaki and chino pants. Love their quality I only wish they would make other colors like light gray or dark gray I would really love to see that. Izod gets an A+

IZOD Men's American Chino Pleated Pant