1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific value, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Ibanez AF95
I have the same model, older, but in a black stain. I bought mine used at Guitar Center. I hadn't seen that model before (I live in Thailand now and make yearly trips home to get toys like this). When I saw it I thought "This must be at least a thousand bucks" And it does look like that, even on close examination.
The one I got still had the foam under the floating bridge! Don't let that put you off: if you have a decent tuner it is nothing to worry about. I had to adjust the neck due to former owner or whatever, but after that it was smooth sailing. I kept thinking maybe I needed to change the pickups, but after fiddling with screw pole height and over all humbucker height, it sounds great. The controls are positive, no noise, same for selector switch. The tuners are right up there with my favorites, which are Grover. I can get about every sound I want from this. It plays wonderfully. I judge a guitar often by what new doors it opens for me that I may not have known were even there. This is one of those guitars. Everything from rockabilly to jazz, this can cover it while feeling like you are playing with coconut oil (more common than butter here!)
Build quality is excellent, superior. I could find NO flaws anywhere, and on such a classy looking instrument. The bindings, the tailpiece, the pick guard are all lovely. The fret markers are as tasteful as they come. Just a beautiful guitar all around. The pick guard is made of the same wood as the guitar body (!) no plastic junk there. The tailpiece also has wood sheet with tasteful mother of pearl and abalone, like the fret markers. Lovely, lovely, lovely! I actually may like the violin sunburst better that the black....
If there is a negative, it probably has as much to do with the sea side hot humid climate I live in as anything. It basically "relic'ed" the gold plating. 90% is off of the tail piece (which is nice chrome underneath, so I don't mind). The pickups look like some "antiqued" hb covers I have seen for a premium price. The tone o matic bridge still works fine, but looks like it came from the bottom of the sea. Even with this corrosion, I would still get this guitar.
Nothing is quite as sweet as a hollowbody, and this is one sweet hollowbody!

Ibanez AF95