Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ibanez SR300ROM Electric Bass Guitar, Roadster Orange Metallic
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 25, 2010
I simply cannot figure out how Ibanez puts out a bass of this quality for such a low price.

A little fiddling right out of the box got the action low and smooth. The shape of the neck makes playing effortless. The 3 band onboard eq dials in almost any sound you need without having to go back and fiddle with the amp. The Roadster Orange finish is so much better in person than in the photos, the active pickups sound wonderful, and, a boon to all us gigging musicians, it's light.

I started playing bass in High School. I'm 51 now, and have owned almost every type of bass at one point or another. P Bass, couple of Jazz Basses, Yamahas, Peaveys, A Gibson, couple other Ibanez's, and this is the one I'm sticking with.

For a decade the Jazz Bass was my main stage axe, and I used to carry a phony Hofner as a backup. I'd usually pick it up somewhere in the second set to give my shoulder a break. I am seriously considering buying another one of these for my backup and leaving everything else at home.

For us working class players who simply can't afford a Ric 4003 or the Alembic of their dreams, this bass will fill the bill. At this price, you simply can't go wrong.
on August 22, 2012
I am a beginner/amatuer guitar and bass player. I have been playing for 8 months... but I do put in about 20 hours a week. I started the bass about 4 months ago. I bought a GSR200 (2007 model) on Craigslist to learn on. I decided to upgrade after messing with a SR300 in my local music store. I decided on this guitar. This particular guitar was from Uncle Ike's music shop in Ohio. After I ordered it, the picture that came up on Amazon was not the bass I ordered (had a maple neck, and I ordered rosewood neck)... so I stressed for a few days but the correct bass arrived (though it still shows on amazon the wrong bass in my orders page). I took it out of the box and noticed that I had three knobs and a tinly little button instead of a 4th knob... I looked through the box and found the knob after some searching. It fits ontop of the button and tightens with a allen wrench. The only reason this didn't make me send it back immediately because of possible damage during freight, is that the bass actualyl comes with three different sized allen wrenches, and one of those fits the knobs perfectly... maybe they don't put them on too tight in order not to damage the guitar in transit? So That made me feel a little better. The bass looks freaking awesome... gets a 100 out of 100 on looks. The pictures online do not do it justice... I purchased the 2011 model Candy Apple Red. it looks freaking awesome. I then went and plugged it into my bass amp (Peavey 115) to test it out. Surprisingly (though this might be normal for a bass) the strings came already tight... a note down, but tight none-the-less (my experiances with guitars is they are VERY loose as to not damage the neck in transit... but maybe thats comparing apples to oranges). I tuned the bass and cranked up the amp.

First the Pros which are really cool... it has a knob/dial for your style of play whether it's slap of finger picking. Personally, I like finger picking with it on the slap setting, whcih gives it a dirtier aggressive feel, which I like... It also has a bass boost and treble boost dial. Turn up the bass dial and it is unbelieveable. Twice as much bass than if it is at normal. Turn it down, and it is a tight Low-E string. All electronics work well, which are the active part as far as what I can tell.

Now the Cons... which aren't a ton, but most deffiantley somehting to think about if your going to purchase this bass. The strings suck. When I first started playing, I was sick because my new bass doesn't sound as good as my old GSR200, which is a lower model. But I looked at the strings and they just didn't look or feel anything more than the lowest level available (I realize that the SR300 is not a high scale bass by professional opinions... but for $300 I would think strings wouldn't break the bank). Luckily, I had a extra set of strings (Musicians Friend brand with the red tips) and I youtubed how to switch out strings and switched them out myself in 10 minutes. WORLD of difference! It blows the GSR200 out of the water. I also raised the action to eliminate some fret buzz. This bass is awesome!

I would highly recommend this bass to anyone, but the crappy strings, the sketching shipping from Amazon/Uncle Ike's and the knob I had to reattach keep this from being a 5 star review.

Also, This Bass is two inches longer than the GSR200. I didn't even realize my old bass was a shorter bass with only 22 frets until I hung this one up next to it. This has 24 frets. The frets aren't any closer together on this bass than the GSR200 but the neck is longer to accomodate the extra frets.

Hope this helps!
on June 20, 2011
i went to Guitar Center to play a Fender Jazz bass. It was my intention to walk out with one. Instead I walked out with the SR300.

It felt more comfortable. The neck is more accessible. The tone is nice and when you spank it, it gets good and growly like a bass should. The electronics are well thought out and the appearance is... well, just look at it. I did get the Roadster Orange. Dead sexy. Plus it's a lot cheaper than the Fender.

I'm thinking hard to come up with any negatives. The knobs don't feel as sturdy as I would like. I may try to snug them up with a screwdriver. The Stratocaster-style jack may turn some people off. I'm worried that I'll soon scuff the finish off around it.
on April 29, 2013
I've had this bass guitar for over a year now. I got it on a super sale in a local music store. When I plugged it in and tried it in the store, I was blown away. It sounds so nice, plays so well, has great action, and is a very good looking bass. I played many other basses, including more costly ones, and still went back to this one. I've been so happy with the purchase ever since. This thing destroys all the low end bass guitars, and for only a fraction more of the cost. It sounds good enough to compete with high end basses, and it's so light and easy to play that it's hard to argue a reason not to get it. Whether you're the beginner wanting a good guitar to learn on, or the very experienced bassist wanting something light and easy to tote around that still plays awesome, this will suit your needs. Still sounds great, and people always compliment the look.
on October 9, 2011
I got this bass a little over a year ago at my local guitar store. Its the first bass I've ever had with an active EQ. It feels great to play, looks nice, and stays in tune. One problem I've had with it is the jack gets scratched no matter what you do. I recommend this to anyone interested in bass guitars.
review image
on November 21, 2012
I purchased this bass used from another retailer and I absolutely love it. I tried other basses in the store, but this bass just sounded great and the action was amazing. I love the active pickups and the on board equalizer. Buying this used I paid only half the price but, I would pay 600.00 easily for the great tone and playability this bass provides. I have tried other basses and this one is by far my favorite to play. You can not go wrong with this guitar.
on January 31, 2015
This was my first bass and I got it on sale for $200, it's a very light, easy to play bass. Sounds good too! Only reason I sold it was because I wanted a more expensive one once I became better at playing bass. He will be in my heart forever.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2015
I bought this at a local store. For the price you really can't get anything better. Its lightweight and sounds just fine.

See 1 answered question