Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on October 16, 2011
My ratings are based mainly on the QUALITY OF THE 3D, not the video content.

There are a large number of out of screen effects that extend 10% of the way, from the screen to the viewer. 6 OOS effects reached 25%. The best two for Longevity & Depth are Skrat and his lady friend in tar bubbles reaching 25%, lasting for about a minute and very short lived anteater punching bag reaching an impressive 40%.

*** Funny with an enjoyable story line. Excellent graphics add to the 3D ***

MY 3D RATING = EXCELLENT (poor, fair, good, very good, excellent)

Note: As far as the percentages go, everyone's eyes are different. What I see at 25% you may see at 15% or 35%. To fully realize how far something is out of the screen for you, pause on an effect and direct a partner with an extended finger to the tip of what you are seeing. You may be surprised.

Click on `See all my reviews' for the lowdown on other 3Ds
88 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2009
Took my nephew to see it and he loved it. I thought it was hilarious as well. Why can't some of you people just enjoy the movie for its entertainment? Is there a need to pick everything apart? Wahhh waahhh just another sequel to make more money. Ok? Who cares. I thought the dinosaurs were extinct in the first one. Again who cares!! Enjoy the freakin movie!
33 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2009
I have to disagree with reviewers who try to "see" too many things in a movie made mainly for (young) kids. This movie made my child and me laugh many,many times. In fact I think it is even funnier than Ice Age 1+2. It is just "clean" family fun. In this age of over-hyped animation from Walt Disney and Pixar, how refreshing to watch something without too many pretensions and not too much relation to today's world. Let the kids be kids,please.
on July 3, 2009
This movie is still cute and fun even with the third installment. My husband and I saw it in 3D at the theater just for fun and also to screen it before taking our grandkids. We think it is the kind of movie you can enjoy with your children at the theater. We will buy the DVD because we know our grandkids will want to watch it over and over again like the previous two movies. The 3D is interesting but not necessarily worth the extra cost. Just have fun and enjoy it like a child does. Yes, Scrat and his acorn stole the show again.
on August 2, 2009
This movie was really great,i just went to see it last night.diego was awesome in it.i really liked Buck,he was really silly.some of the scenes actually made me shead some tears.but other than all that,if i were to give it my own rating i would say 10/10.this is the best Ice Age movie i have ever seen out of all 3 of them.Ice Age 3:Dawn Of The Dinosaurs FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
on February 10, 2011
My ratings are based mainly on the QUALITY OF THE 3D, not the video content.

*** Funny with an enjoyable story line. Excellent graphics add to the 3D ***

MY 3D RATING = EXCELLENT (poor, fair, good, very good, excellent)

Click on `See all my reviews' for the lowdown on other 3Ds
on June 11, 2014
I love Ice Age so I ordered the blu-Ray/dvd/digital copy edition. Please be aware the digital copy is actually a digital copy disc to upload to your PC or iTunes. I wanted the digital copy to use with amazon or vudu. It is not a regular digital copy with a code to upload. Gonna return for a copy I can digitally upload with a code instead of a dvd.
on July 9, 2013
I recently bought a 3D TV, and have tested it - the 3D is awesome. I therefore decided to watch a 3D streamed movie. On Amazon Prime, I looked specifically for 3D Movies, and this one showed up. There were even reviews about the great quality of the 3D in this movie. I rented this movie, but it seemed to be streamed in 2D only. The movie is excellent, which is why I gave it 5 stars. The quality of the 2D streaming was decent, and I would give Amazon Prime 4 stars, but I felt ripped off by Amazon Prime, because the movie was not in 3D. I think what causes the confusion is that Amazon may have combined the reviews of the 3D Blu-Ray of this movie, and of the streamed version of the movie. I feel Amazon Prime should not show this movie as one of the selections when you search for 3D movies - it is misleading.
on February 5, 2016
Really fun plot, keep the viewer's attention high -- who does not like some dinosaurs? Only factual inaccuracy: the ankylosaurus was a herbivorous dinosaur and was unlikely to attack something just because it was on its turf. My 5-year-old was in fact a bit puzzled by this.
on February 13, 2016
I was excited to see this in 3D after another 3d reviewer praised this in his top 5 .But I was not impressed at all..there are very few out of screen effects..tar bubbles..maybe a tooth used as a knife..but that's it..the ice age movies have always had a weird smoke like white haze that I just don't like..no ghosting with this movie. no spectacular depth to mention either. I would not have this in my top 50 on my list..I'd pass if your buying for 3D only..and if you want to watch the movie alone I'd just rent it....