5.0 out of 5 stars Ice Cold is AWESOME
Published on October 12, 2012 by Hollie

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
I was really kind of disappointed as I usually really like Cherry Adair books. I know this book was named Ice Cold but the 'cold' references were repetitive and got really old really fast. I kind of skim read it. For whatever reason, this book just didn't do it for me.
Published 20 months ago by Tracee Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice Cold is AWESOME, October 12, 2012
This review is from: Ice Cold (T-FLAC Psi Unit: Night Trilogy Book 15) (Kindle Edition)
Ice Cold by Cherry Adair is the next chapter in her Awesome T-FLAC series! Rafael Navarro, the Spanish Stallion, meets face to face with the Ice Princess, Honey Winston to stop a group of terrorists determined to blow up the world's banking community. A tornado of cold determination and hot sex carry these two towards justice! I loved reading this book. It had me on the edge of my seat and sad to see the end of the story. Thank You Cherry for another great read!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome addition to a bright series!, October 17, 2012
Cherry Adair makes a triumphant return to a popular long running series with Ice Cold, a romantic suspense she self published. Ice Cold brings readers back to the roots of the T-FLAC agency and gives them a pulse pounding thrill ride that is sure to please black ops lovers everywhere. It's dark, it's gritty and Ice Cold pulls no punches.

Honey is an operative that is known for her icy exterior. No one can get close to her and she appears to care more about her computers then she does about the human beings she works with everyday. Trained by the best, no one cracks her shell. Until Rafael Navarro takes her to the floor in a fight that neither of them was prepared for while a co-worker lays dead not 10 feet away. With the evidence stacking up against Honey by her doppelganger, her and Navarro must work together to clear her name and uncover a plot intent on destroying everyone around them.

Black ops books are tricky for me. There has to be a balance between the military/action/ covert operations and the romance in the story. I find that too much of the spy stuff and my attention starts to wane pretty quickly. I crave the romance, which is of course why I'm reading the book to begin with. Ice Cold did get a bit slow in parts. Cherry Adair pays such attention to detail that it can be tedious at times. Almost overwhelming because the tactical terms used are ones you may not know the meaning to and so you have to stop and look things up or re-read sections to understand the grand scope of what she's trying to tell you. So in that respect I was lost quite often. Other readers will revel in that detail and have no problems understanding the meanings, especially those that read black ops characters often. However, in the romance dept, she's spot on! Honey and Navarro are a couple that is not to be messed with. Both super spies they were on an equal playing field and spent the majority of the book either bouncing ideas off each other or bouncing on a bed lol. Honey was an excellent heroine because she was the embodiment of a strong, capable woman. I enjoyed her many dimensions and her obvious love for the man who raised her after her parents died. Her protective instinct of those close to her and her ability to think under stress were also good qualities.

The protective instinct in Navarro wasn't just present it overrode him in any instance that added Honey to the equation. Together these two were extremely hot as each worked through their pasts and how it had shaped them into the people they were today. I enjoyed not only that but the intrigue that surrounded everyone they worked with and how those trusted closed ranks and formulated intricate plans to take down the baddies. Navarro's bomb knowledge was very extensive and it added to the air of thrill throughout the novel.

Overall I think Ice Cold hits the mark and is very enjoyable! Sub genre lovers are sure to agree! Ice Cold is a page turner you need to experience!

I give Ice Cold by Cherry Adair 3.75 stars!

Nikki - Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind

5.0 out of 5 stars Adair delivers again! Ice Cold is a Sizzling Hot Read, October 17, 2012
Wow! I just started Ice Cold this afternoon and couldn't put it down until I reached the end. If you're a Cherry Adair fan, you're going to love the latest in her T-Flac series. Ice Cold is such a great addition to the series and I've been waiting for this story. Great plot and characters and best of all, Adair perfectly balances romance, adventure, suspense, and passion. Heaven!

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, April 1, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Ice Cold, September 1, 2013
HJPP (Rocklin, CA) - See all my reviews
It was okay, but not my favorite in the series. May or may not continue reading this series when the next book comes out.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, January 29, 2013
The story started very good, but in the middle of the book it slowed down, and then it became predictable. I have read this author before and the stories have been very good. I was expecting the same with this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars ice Cold, January 21, 2013
Loved the characters. Had hard time wading through all the spy info. And not a fan of the parts showing the darker side of espionage

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice Cold is HOT!!!, October 19, 2012
Cherry is back with a brand new T-FLAC book and the action isn't short and neither is the sex. This is a great fast-paced read that kept me up past my bedtime three nights in a row just to read it as quickly as possible. Honey and Navarro have chemistry in spades and there are dangers aplenty to keep them on their toes. Cherry hits it out of the park with Ice Cold and gives you a wild ride that you hate to see come to an end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my Favorite by This Author, but Still Good, August 25, 2013
gpangel (World Wide Web) - See all my reviews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Ice Cold by Cherry Adair was published by the author and released in October 2012. Honey Winston has the reputation of being an "Ice Princess". Completely devoid of emotion, all Honey needs is her computer. Honey's specialty with T-FLAC is cyber crimes. Rafael Navarro is a bomb specialist with the T-FLAC organization. He lost his wife after only five months of marriage and has vowed to never get involved with another agent again. Then he finds himself teamed up with the famed Honey Winston. When a bank is bombed they must determine if it's a disgruntled employee or if terrorist are involved.Rafael initially is relieved that Honey lives up to her icy reputation, but it's not long before he realizes her exterior is just a protective shell. Although Rafe and Honey grew up in entirely different circumstances they find they have a lot in common. Despite the vow each of them has taken to avoid involvement with other agents, some things just can't be helped. When I know I'm going to read a Cherry Adair romantic suspense novel, I get geared up for action, adventure, suspense, and super hot sexy romance. This novel was a little off the beaten path from other novels by this author. For some reason I kept thinking about the movie "A Long Kiss Goodnight" and some sort of James Bond movie or novel. There were cool gadgets and tools the T-FLAC agents get to use, and old enemies come out of the agent's past to reek havoc. While there was plenty of action , the plot wasn't all that cohesive. I understood it fine, but I was left wondering if I should have read a novel ahead of this one that explained Honey's and Rafael's enemy and the back story of Honey's relationship with this person. The book was off to a good start, but at about the half way mark, the romance heats up, and the sex scenes go on for at least three or four chapters and the crime story took a back seat. I nearly lost the thread of the story at that point. When we finally got those chapters read, the story picked back up at a really fast pace and from that point on, I was completely engaged in the story. I don't mind if there is an equal amount of romance and mystery/suspense. In fact, many of Cherry's books are written in that style. For some reason, in this novel, it was a too much and took away from the story which needed to keep moving at all times. This was still an enjoyable romantic suspense novel and I would like to thank the author and Netgalley for the DRC of this novel. Overall a C+/B-

2.0 out of 5 stars Dozens and dozens of typos, but a decent plot, October 16, 2012
I have read every T-FLAC book. I enjoy the series.

But this book? I kept stumbling over typos, disrupting the flow. After a dozen, I got irritated and started counting them. After 50, I stopped counting. That was only half-way into the book. Sentences that didn't make sense cuz words were left out, punctuation problems, spelling issues, etc. The paragraph formatting got messed up for several pages, too, in the last half of the book.

The plot was pretty good, even if a few actions were implausible and/or sex-driven. Adair kept me guessing for much of the book. Like all the T-FLAC books, the adrenaline races and we gotta beat the villains to the punch.

I grow weary of all the references to beauty in many romance novels, including this one. Focusing on superficial appearance only diminishes the "true love" theme, in my opinion.

-- Ps. I had a much longer review, listing some of the typos, but some readers got hostile about it, so I decided to remove it and write a shorter version. I thought the original would stay in my bank of reviews, but it seems to be gone. However, it can be found by clicking "Most Recent Comments" at the top of my list of reviews.