5.0 out of 5 stars Let the fun begin!
Published on June 17, 2012 by Luv2Fish

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WORTH THE MONEY
BROKE WHILE FREEZING. Could only use once. Out quite a bit of money. I would look elsewhere for something better.
Published 18 months ago by Jessica Casciero

5.0 out of 5 stars Let the fun begin!, June 17, 2012
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
I bought one of these at a garage sale. This thing couldn't be easier to use, simply fill to the line and let freeze (about 24hrs). The trick to remove the ice is let it sit on the counter for about a half hour, then flip it over. Do not run water over it or try to force the block out, the ice will crack and so will the mold. I have made about a dozen without a single problem.

I made a rack where I can stack three at a time, like water falls where it will flow from to the other, talk about a brain freeze! I can fit 5 of these in a cooler so the lugeing never stops!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WORTH THE MONEY, January 15, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked while making my second ice luge, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
Only used this ice luge mold twice and then the bottom split, crap! Now I have to pay to ship it back for only a $9 credit. Very Disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably pass on this one., October 19, 2012
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
This product is no good. As one other person mentioned, it broke on the first freeze. I followed the directions (leave the top 1/3" empty) and it still broke. I tried to get the mold out figuring I could get at least one use out of it, but the ice had a huge crack in it and was in two pieces before I even tried to take it out.

UPS is picking it up Monday for a return.

1.0 out of 5 stars loved the idea, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
after setup, and you poured the shot onto the ice it lost too much liquor when it went down the shuts, not a lot made it into the glass at the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drink Now, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
A lot fun! Got this for my sister as a gift and she loves it. Fill it up and let it freeze over night. Great for tailgating.

5.0 out of 5 stars great time, July 31, 2013
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
everyone enjoyed and we have continued to use the luge for other events even making molds to take to other get togethers.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for the price ...but be ready..., May 23, 2013
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
when you freeze the water in the tray - if it's not on a 100% level space (and even then) - the frozen water can swell up in spots and make it more difficult to lay on the inverted mold. And ice is slick - so it's a trick to keep it in place (but it's all fun with the right crowd) We rigged it with some cardboard - not as pretty but it did the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had one before, April 25, 2013
Lucinda Dodson (ORMOND BEACH, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
I bought this because our old one, which had been used quite a bit, had cracked. We love this item... it's a big hit at all our parties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Ice Luge By Island Dogs (Toy)
I bought this product on January 8, 2013 and got it two days later (thank you Amazon Prime). We used it with regular water, it worked. We used it a second time with pink lemonade, a little sticky, half the people liked it and half didn't, but it functioned as a chaser for the shots so it was cool. I may have only used this twice so I cannot comment on the durability, but my roommate and I noticed that it does not freeze evenly although it is completely flat. I do not know why, but there always seems to be a bump towards the top. Now this is not a problem, in fact it is actually a blessing in disguise. Instead of taking the ice out, flipping the mold around and fitting it into the back side of the mold, the blob (when put at the top) gives more of a vertical slope to the ice making it a bit easier for shots.

I do not know why other people had their mold crack. Honestly you freeze it, take it out, AND let it sit for at least 30 minutes. You can put a kitchen knife and run it long the sides to make sure the sides are not sticking. Other than that you can also invert the mold and have hot water run on the red side until the ice falls out.

Now besides the uneven freeze which some may consider bad, we noticed that when the ice melts holes form in the slope. I am not sure if this happened when we did it with regular water, but it did happen when we did it with pink lemonade. Perhaps all the sugar ate through the ice, but I cannot say for a fact that will happen to you since I have not tried it out enough.

All in all, if you are a college student like myself, or someone who likes to amp up their parties, buy this. It's only $20 some dollars. That's like two beers in Canada (beer is freakin expensive over there! haha)

Ice Luge By Island Dogs