5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shirt
Published on August 29, 2010 by Andrew L. Van Slaars

2.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, but doesn't last
Published 20 months ago by John B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shirt, August 29, 2010
Andrew L. Van Slaars (Barrington, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Like many people, I was a bit skeptical of wearing wool in hot weather for hiking, but this thing lived up to all of the wonderful things I've been told about merino wool. It doesn't feel like the wool I remember from years ago, it is soft and very comfortable. After several hikes on warm days without washing the shirt, it didn't smell... that never would have happened with cotton or any of my synthetic shirts. It's expensive for a shirt, but the fact that I can wear it backpacking without offending my travel companions makes it worth the price. If you are thinking of wool as a scratchy material reserved for cold weather, think again and give this shirt a try.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, but doesn't last, March 24, 2013
John B. (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I love these Icebreaker t-shirts. I've owned 3, and they've been my favorite shirts I own. HOWEVER, I had the same experience as some other reviewers here with the holes problem. None of the 3 $60 shirts I owned laster longer than 5 months. I washed them separate from any items with zippers and hung them to dry. It floors me that they could get holes so easily. I'm finally giving up on these, because they're just way too expensive for something that won't last.

2.0 out of 5 stars great shirt, breathes better than anything else BUT, March 23, 2011
every single icebreaker I own has holes in them inside a year (some within weeks) and I have about 8 of them.

Im told its moths or silver fish yet Ive never once seen either in my room, I think its the fact they are so thin and just come apart/wear easily.

Either way they simply dont last long enough to justify the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars nice but short-lived, small holes after 6 months., January 2, 2013
This is a great looking shirt and very comfortable, would have been a 5 if I'd rated it when I bought it. Unfortunately after only 6 months, washed maybe 10 times, it already has some small holes in it. I've only ever washed it gently by hand, rolled in towel to squeeze excess water out and laid horizontally across a line to dry. I appreciated the light weight, but when I spend this much on a tee I need it to last a little longer than 6 months of gentle use.

5.0 out of 5 stars a performance shirt that doesn't stink!, July 6, 2009
I purchased one of these last year, for wearing on my 10 mile (each way) bike commute to/from work. I also purchased a few biking jerseys at the same time. The jerseys are at the bottom of the pile and I have since purchased 4 more of these shirts. I wear them on all my climbs as my base layer.

Yes, they are expensive. But they are worth it. I can wear one for days in the backcountry, a feat I won't subject my climbing partners to with any other fabric. Wash them in woolite and turn them inside out before washing. To dry, I let our dining room chairs each wear one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shirt EVER, January 28, 2013
I must start by saying I'm a huge icebreaker fan. This shirt only cements my love for their products. You may think wool and think itchy, but this is incredibly soft and only gets softer with time. This is one of my go to travel shirts because I can wear it forever and it does not stink...ever.

I usually just rinse these in the shower/sink after Sweating in them, hang them to dry and I'm ready to go. I will be buying more.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, but not great either, September 8, 2009
I purchased one of these shirts three years ago to wear during a section hike on the AT. 5 days and 115 miles later I found that it held up well and was comfortable, but that it did smell and it took longer to dry out than patagonia capilene and duofold coolmax shirts I'd worn for similar activities. Following that I wore it on three or four occasions for runs or training, but found that it remained sweat sodden long after the work out was complete. Over the years it has torn around the arm seams and once below the neckline on the back when I tried to take it off following a run. I'd recommend them for travel, but not for any endurance competition or training events.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Icebreaker item, January 23, 2013
I have several of these. Great short sleeve base layer and entirely comfortable, in fact most comfortable, as shirt even for hot summer days. Actually dissipates perspiration more effectively than synthetics and even the best engineered cotton.

3.0 out of 5 stars too big, August 27, 2013
Fits very large. Order a size down if you want something that actually fits like a regular t shirt. The material is also very thin. Almost sheer. I ended up returning this and got a wool shirt from Minus 33. The Minus 33 shirt fits much slimmer and is made of slightly heavier wool (150g vs 170g) that is not sheer.

5.0 out of 5 stars New favorite shirt!, July 4, 2013
This review is from: Icebreaker Men's Tech T Lite Short Sleeve Shirt (Apparel)
Great fit. Great feel. I bought a large which was just a little big. I dried it against recommendations of other reviews and it sharank just a little bit - but enough that I was happier with the fit.