Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on October 20, 2011
We discovered Icebreaker recently while traveling in Alaska for 5 months. It is the finest base layer one can buy. Soft as silk, washes like a dream and even people that are very sensitive to anything wool will be surprised that they can wear this.
We even discovered that Native people way up in the Northwestern territories wear it.
It alawys feels good to be able to buy with confidence from Amazon. It has become our
favorite " go to site "
on October 9, 2013
This Icebreaker base layer is great. It keeps my core warm in the winter without adding a lot of bulk. In the summer, I wear it as a stand alone t-shirt for yoga (where I want a slim fit), and true to its promise, it wicks moisture and actually keeps me cool. What I love most about my Icebreaker shirt is that unlike other performance fabrics, it doesn't get stinky after the first couple of times I've sweated in it. (My microfiber t-shirts from Nike, Adidas and the like eventually get a permanent stench in them that won't wash out no matter how many washings, no matter how hot of water, no matter what type of detergent.) Despite being wool, the shirt is machine washable. The instructions on the label say to air dry flat, but when I've been in a hurry to have it clean again, I've chanced drying it in the dryer on low, and it has still come out fine. The only reason this isn't five stars is that while it *is* less itchy than traditional wool, my sensitive skin does still find it slightly scratchy. It's definitely not as smooth and comfortable as cotton. I've gotten used to it and the benefits of this unique fabric far outweigh the slight scratchiness, but the claims that it's not at all scratchy aren't 100% true.
on August 10, 2013
I have recently bought a bunch of merino products for my month long trip to Peru. I did a lot of research and heard a lot of good reasons using merino is beneficial for traveling. I received this shirt and immediately pulled the tags off and washed it inside out exactly how the tags specified. I have tried a couple other merino shirts and was confident the shirt would be fine without a pretrial period before my trip. The first time I actually put on the shirt in Peru I noticed 3 little holes in one of the armpits. I was very disappointed because this was only one of 2 T-shirts I brought with me for this trip. I did not wear or wash the shirt since that time and have submitted a return for the item. I have just returned to the states and will see how the deal with this return.
on March 12, 2013
Living in Florida I'm not a "wool" person but bought this for a hike after reading about wool's great attributes (less stinky, more comfortable). Shirt is soft and moves with you. Sizes are true; this is supposed to be form fitting and it is.
on November 19, 2015
This remains my favorite running shirt and the style has been discontinued. :(