Published on March 21, 2012 by Shoofly Pie

1.0 out of 5 stars holes in it after 11 months
I bought this jacket Nov 27 last year, and 11 months later, it already has 2 little holes in the back (it's at shoulder blade level). I only wore it last spring and started again a couple of weeks ago; and have washed maybe total of 3 times.

Published 13 months ago by Pen Name

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, super warm, cute fit and no stink: My new travel staple!, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Icebreaker Women's Cascade Full Zip Jacket (Apparel)
To confess, I'm a bit of an Icebreaker groupie. I just love their stuff, except maybe for the leggings which I found to be itchy and too tight. Alas the top layering pieces are my favorites. I had my eye on this jacket all winter, and after seeing the $85 sale price I snagged it. 2 days later it arrives from Altrec and it is all that I could've dreamed for in a lightweight, packable jacket. I chose the red, and the color is gorgeous - a deep brick red. It has 5 pockets: 2 hidden inside (big enough for a passport with added pages), two side (zip closure), & 1 on the left sleeve (zip closure, too). The zipper is smooth, and does not get caught going up or down- something I've been struggling with on every other zippered item that I own as of late. I'm a size small in every other Icebreaker item I've owned, and this is no exception, the small fits perfectly. Thanks for staying true, you adorable New Zealand sheep!

I'm so thrilled with this jacket, it's going to South America with me in a few weeks as my main warmth piece (paired with a rain coat (insulation) and a long sleeve Icebreaker t-shirt as a base layer. I should be warmer than a polar bear vacationing in Key West!

5.0 out of 5 stars great jacket, November 23, 2012
STB (Madison, CT USA) - See all my reviews
Stylish, fitted, wonderful fabric, great for outside in the Fall and inside in the New England winter. Washes and dries well. runs small. I usually wear a small, medium fits well

1.0 out of 5 stars holes in it after 11 months, October 27, 2013
This review is from: Icebreaker Women's Cascade Full Zip Jacket (Apparel)

I wasn't that happy with this jacket to begin with, but this is just ridiculous. For one, after the first wash, it looks very wrinkly despite me laying it flat to dry (and washing it separately). It says not to iron so I did not try it. Enjoy the way it looks when you first purchase it, because after it's been through it's first wash it's never the same. It looks like a champion jacket from goodwill, not something you spent $150 on. It is also very thin, and does absolutely nothing for the wind, so you can only wear it during warm days of spring and fall.

I contacted the icebreaker CS as supposedly they might take a look at it if anything happens to the product within 1 year, so we'll see. I'll post an update on the CS, but as far as the jacket, I will stay away from now on.

UPDATE: wow, never buying another icebreaker. Their CS was horrible. After a few emails back and forth they told me to contact the place I bought it from, and stopped responding. Thankfully, the company I bought it from - Altrec - was AMAZING. They immediately provided a free shipping label to return the item, and gave me full refund. Altrec will now try and get the warranty validated icebraker on their own.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, January 8, 2014
I really like Icebreaker brand but I order and extralarge because it fits smaller and it is much too big and long than expected. But it is very warm and soft.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, June 4, 2013
I like this one, good quality and warm but it is much narrow comparing to the same size of similar product and no option for the wider one.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality product, February 18, 2013
classy looking and warm. The color is a vibrant purple/blue and the cut is very attractive - plus it was a deal !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket!, October 15, 2013
Great Jacket even tho I had to return it. It is a very fitted Jacket, and looks best on someone like the girl modeling it here. It was way to tight for me. I prefer more relaxed look, like the man's version of the same Jacket. I still give it the 5 Stars for the workmanship and very attractive design. The fabric is light and soft. I wish I could keep it!

4.0 out of 5 stars cute fitted jacket, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Icebreaker Women's Cascade Full Zip Jacket (Apparel)
I bought this jacket in panther color and size small (I'm 5'5", 115lb, boyish built) about a week ago. Although it looks a LOT better than my TNF denali, I gotta say it's not as warm. The sleeves are too long (I'm not sure if it's done on purpose?) - I can cuff 2 inches to get them the right length but then it doesn't look good. Also, I feel that my movements are a little restricted in the shoulders and through the upper back. I'm not sure if it's something that would go away with time or I get used to, but as of now it's not the most comfortable feel. It seemed to be made well (in China) and the zippers have "icebreaker" imprinted on them which is a nice touch. It is machine washable, but has to be laid flat to dry. I haven't washed it yet - I will update the review when I do. I am definitely going to keep it as it looks good and gives me a nice shape, but it won't replace the denali as I was really hoping for.

Icebreaker Women's Cascade Full Zip Jacket