Icon vs. Evolution? Are these just the "Bosch Icon" wiper blade rebranded? Or is it an updated model? I can't find any info on these anywhere else.
asked by Paul on May 7, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Hello Paul,

Great question. The Bosch Evolution is a new wiper blade from Bosch which is different from the Bosch Icon. It was designed to give better performance than a conventional style wiper blade at a price less than the Bosch ICON, which is the top of the line wiper blade at Bosch in terms of performance and durability.

If you were to visually inspect the two blades you would notice that the Bosch Evolution looks a bit different because it has a different style connector and it has a symmetric wind spoiler.

The rubber on the blades is also different. The Bosch Evolution uses a precision-cut natural rubber wiping edge and the Bosch ICON uses Exclusive fx dual rubber technology. The top of the fx rubber features a flexible soft layer where the rubber connects to the wind spoiler which reduces chatter. The harder wiping edge on the fx rubber offers superior wiping performance and 20% longer performance life vs. other premium wiper blades.

The BOSCH ICON wiper blades also offer a more precise fit to the windshield with a different amount of tension between the drivers and passenger side wiper blades to remove additional moisture from the windshield (less streaking).

Both are bracketless wiper blades, and Bracketless wiper blades are designed without metal or plastic brackets, joints or hinges, offering design and performance improvements over conventional wiper blades.

Both blades are created to be a great value for the price.

Again, this was a great question, I hope this helps you make your decision!
J.B. answered on May 8, 2008
Comment | 115 of 115 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree, the Bosch Icon are the best for the buck. If you want the best blades possible and you want to use Bosch (EXCELLENT BRAND), get the Icons, they fit very well, the plastic is better and they fit snug on to the glass like a pair of gloves. I am replacing my icons this week and the ones I have on currently have been on there for 2 years, which is long. The cheap OEM ones last about 4-6 months, if that.
Validus answered on January 10, 2012
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
awesome, thanks for clarifying J.B.! i googled this and your first reply/1st result was perfect
J. Chin answered on January 29, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Great reply, thanks JB.
Someone answered on September 22, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
got a question here for this. Which blades are bigger in terms of thickness? I know some of these blades can be bulky...
S. Park answered on May 26, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product