Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Number 1 in Service Rfid Blocking Secure Sleeve for Id, Credit & Payment Cards, By Identity Stronghold
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

When I agreed to accept a review sample of this sleeve I frankly did not understand why this is a viable product. After the sample arrived I did a little research and discovered that electronic pickpocketing is a very real threat, no matter what credit card companies try to get you to believe.

In a nutshell, these will block radio frequency identification (RFID) transmissions, and the foil protection is encased in a Tyvek envelope. I tried actually tearing the envelope and could not. It wrinkles with use, but does not tear easily and I suspect that they will last a long time.

My samples easily accommodated my Florida driver license, and an assortment of debit and credit cards. They were too small for my retired military ID card, but they were not designed for those.

To be honest, this sleeve provides the same protection as wrapping your RFID-enabled cards in a piece of common aluminum foil. Of course the hassle of wrapping and unwrapping the cards is almost not worth it, so think of these sleeves as inexpensive convenience as well as assurance that you will not be electronically pick-pocketed. More importantly, do a search for electronic pickpocketing and you will get a number of hits that explain the threat. Armed with that knowledge these sleeves will make a lot more sense.
on June 3, 2013
This item is as listed. Small envelopes to put your credit cards, debit cards, and gift cards inside. The sleeve is designed to keep from ID theft. They still fit fine in the wallet slits for the cards even with the sleeve! Useful and I would definitely recommend them for those who do not want to buy a full purse or wallet with ID safety. Great gifts! If you are giving a gift card, you can add a sleeve and make it a little safer for the receiver to carry it around until spending time! Great value!
on September 16, 2013
This appears to be the exact same one that comes with your wallet sized US passport. After a long time, if you're not careful, the foil starts to de-laminate from the inside ... that's why I bought a 25 pack. They work good enough though, I tested them with the RFID security card reader at work.

Addendum: I paid $12 for the 25 pack, which I thought was a good enough deal ... I see that the going rate is now $25 for the 25 pack, not such a good deal. These things aren't worth a buck apiece.
on November 2, 2014
This Credit card sleeves are great. I share them with the family. We will test them to see how good they are. So far so good.
on July 19, 2014
These are foil lined and hold up very well with use. I am very pleased with the purchase.
on March 19, 2015
Product as described. All credit cards fit nicely into the sleeves. Time will tell as to the wear and tear on the sleeves. Would buy this product again. An aside note. These sleeves were among the cheapest to buy. 25 sleeves for $14 and change.
on December 29, 2014
I received these sleeves promptly as with all purchases from Amazon. Having my credit cards in these sleeves makes me feel more comfortable among people knowing that my credit card information will not be scanned by someone hoping to "cash" in at my expense. And it makes me feel I have protected myself from the hassle of having to deal with identity theft from this source.
on September 3, 2014
Having been a victim of identity theft in the past, I am always on the lookout for a new, innovative product to try in order to prevent this from ever happening again. I use plastic quite a bit when making payments in stores, in fact I can’t remember the last time I carried cash on me. When I heard about the radio frequency ID chips embedded inside some credit cards and that it’s possible for people to scan your cards from a distance, I decided to take a plunge and use Number 1 in Service Rfid Blocking Secure Sleeves.
Do they work? I really don’t know, and I’m glad I don’t know because that means no one has stolen my identity or made an unauthorized purchase using my information. I can say I feel more comfortable now that I have these. They give me a peace of mind because every little bit of protection I take is a step in the right direction for me.
on August 1, 2013
Well, it seems okay but it wasn't long before the foil inside that acts as a shield started peeling off the outside cover. After the card was removed/inserted a few times I noticed that it started peeling from the open end. You need to be careful when putting the debit/credit card back into it. It works better if you hold the holder by the edges and blow into it to open it and then insert your card.

I'm also not 100% convinced that it would shield the card from an RFID reader. Guess I'll have to try one of my cards at the store with their reader and see if it detects it inside the sleeve.

You'll need a quantity of these, most likely, as the foil liner seems to come off pretty easily. Especially if you use it for your debit card and use that card as often as most of us do today.
on June 16, 2014
I use these all the time with my credit cards. I also got the passport ones. They all work really well. Came fast, were well packaged and for the price you should have more than enough.