Industrial Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now HTL

Idina Menzel's Belt voice!!-

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 8, 2006 10:02:48 PM PDT
I have been a voice teacher for 15 years and an Opera Singer, but when that Idina breaks out in her belt voice it takes my breath away!! Rarely does a voice move me to tears of excitement and hers does. I only feel sorry for the majority of singers out there who are going to try and copy her...they'll have a hard act to follow. Ariella Vaccarino- creator of VOice Lessons To Go v.1 & v.2

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2007 3:46:25 PM PST
Wicked fan says:
Ana Gasteyer (SNL, Reefer Madness, Bway cast of Wicked in Fall 2006) as Elphaba made me feel the same way - she is not only a strong vocalist, but an amazing, moving actress who gets that Elphaba needn't be all wacky and witchy, she's just a flesh and blood woman with a lot of discrimination to face for being green, different, and outspoken. Idina did a great job, but Ana took my breath away with her vocal power and her heartfelt interpretation of the Wicked Witch. She will be missed in the role - I went to see her three times!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2007 10:45:24 PM PDT
BW says:
i have gone back 7 times now...i love the show.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2007 9:45:46 AM PDT
I love Idina, too. She has a wonderful voice. Have you checked out her solo albums? They are amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 11:30:04 AM PST

Posted on Apr 21, 2009 9:06:47 AM PDT says:
Josh Groban is perhaps the most natural voice i have ever heard...groban and menzel duets...might really work!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2009 10:03:53 PM PDT
SG Winter says:
They have! Check out "Chess". It's a great show, and besides Menzel and Groban it features Adam Pascal and Kerry Ellis. Amazing!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 8, 2006
Latest post:  Jul 20, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wicked (2003 Original Broadway Cast)
Wicked (2003 Original Broadway Cast) by Stephen Schwartz (Audio CD - 2003)
4.7 out of 5 stars (1,559)