Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 17, 2006
This album right here is a friggin riff machine. And I'm not bluffing, there's riffs there, there, and over there. These riffs are mean, nasty and they'll peel you're face right off. Also, another merit is that the production is incredibly thick. Produced from the one and only Scott Burns, this album sports an icredibly crunchy and violent sound. Which distance it apart from most albums out there.

You have to get this if you are into extreme metal.
on February 22, 2004
Somewhat similar to Dark Angel's Time Does Not Heal but faster, with more fluid playing and noticeably heavier. Bit of a Kreator sound in there too. Relentless would be a good word to describe this album. The singer uses a caustic yell that fits the music well. There's not much filler here either, it's all solid thrash.
on April 5, 2007
Truly tortured vocals that are clearly understood highlight this masterful piece of thrash. The drumming is a relentless assault that pushes mind, body, and muscles to the limits of endurance. I don't see the comparisons to bands like Forbidden, Vio-lence, and Dark Angel though, at least not vocally. Where the aforementioned bands have a vox man that, to my tastes, get kinda high and, well....tiresome. Still love Eternal Nightmare, though. Devastation's vocalist has a raw, caustic sound that's purely harsh and compliments the music perfectly. Very impressive guitar work, constantly changing and very intricate. Dedicated musicians who's rightful praise has yet to come. Riffing along the lines of Demolition Hammer, Massacre, and Incubus. Just crazy. Blistering bass rounds out this classic. It's just a pummeling, in-your-face experience listening to this. Guaranteed to make your neighbors comtemplate moving. Constantly Impressive Every Listen.
on December 22, 2006
OMFG!!! This album blows away any other album back in the day!!! The riffs are out of this world, riffs there, riffs, riffs, riffs, ....very close to "Time does not heal" by Dark Angel. Theres also a good musicianship with good drums and excellent vocals and the solos, ufff man, incredible!!! Recommended if you like: Dark Angel, Slayer and Faith or Fear.
on November 15, 2005
It reminds me a lot of Vio-lence, Forbidden and other thrash bands in the scene in that time. The guitars are under Dave Burk and Henry Elizondo and let me tell you something, this guys are phenomenal. Great thrash band, a classic!!!
on April 3, 2007
Took me a while to find this one but it was a fairly worthwhile purchase. While I am not currently "blown away" by this release as I have only listened to it once through (I just got it an hour ago), I think it will be one of those "sleeper" classics. The riffs are great and the singing is well done. A few more listens and I will most likely be unable to understand why I didn't get this one years ago. This version is the 1999 Century Media Reissue with remastered sound and bonus tracks.
on April 21, 2004
Very Cool Album. But my question is does anyone know what Guitar Player Dave Burk did after Devastation broke up? Anyone know where he is now and if he is playing with anyone? Any info please contact me at propar340@yahoo.com
on June 25, 2007
Good solid thrash album. Great guitar work, but my only complaint
is the "Christian" Lyrics. If your going to be a Thrash metal band, you
have got to leave out all that Jesus stuff. I mean that what makes
metal fun !!! Lyrics about Burning churches, Sacrificing goats,
worshipping satan, Eternal damnation are all the fun things I like about
this kind of agrresive music. All in the name of fun, the lyrics
unfortunately in this album is like going to bible study, also I notice the thanks list....'Thanks to Mom and Dad, and GOD !
I'm sorry but songs about jesus are just plain boring !
66 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2015
Great quality CD, in brand new condition. Shipped extremely fast, I will be ordering again