Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Neo Ned forum

If the First Lady was white

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2010 2:37:17 PM PST
karebare says:
Since the historical presidential win of our President Barack Obama. This "what if" question has been nagging me ever since. Now i need to know if i am wrong on this people, what are your opinions.
What if Michelle Obama was a white woman, would the Pres. even have a chance at winning; would this pairing be an obstacle?

Posted on Nov 7, 2010 8:42:18 PM PST
A.R. says:
No, Pres. Obama wouldn't have won. At all. In fact, there'd be even more malice and death threats towards him.
It's weird, America has this social aversion to bm/ww couples, as if there wasn't already a problem with interracial relationships. It's an age-old racial issue, a scare tactic used by segregation supporters who wanted to scare the white majority into keeping minorities down with the "don't let those black mongrels violate your beautiful, virginal white daughters" thing. It makes black men out to be villains and animals, and white women a holy grail meant to be kept above the masses and tucked away for safety lest they have their virtue "stolen". It's really weird and really ancient, not to mention ridiculous.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Neo Ned forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Neo Ned
Neo Ned by Gabrielle Union (DVD - 2008)
4.1 out of 5 stars (81)