5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful 5-Star Children's Book
If Jesus lived inside my heart, would other people know?

If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart takes that question and answers it in a charming and colorfully illustrated way to teach your preschooler what it means to live for Jesus, and to do what Jesus would have you do.

Published on October 30, 2007 by Armchair Interviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute book, but wasn't quite what I expected.
I've read the book a few times with my kiddos. It's cute and has nice pictures. I assumed it would be a little more indepth about the topic in the title . . . not sure how that would have gone over with them. Probably is more age appropriate than what I was wanting to discuss. Wish I had read it first, then I would've known what I was getting.
Published 16 months ago by J. Muth

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful 5-Star Children's Book, October 30, 2007
This review is from: If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart (Board book)
If Jesus lived inside my heart, would other people know?

The story is written in rhyme, and is sure to hold the child's interest. I sat down and read this book right away to my two- and five-year-old right away, and they both loved it.

If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart is hardcover, and perfectly sized to be a stocking stuffer for Christmas, or a gift anytime. I loved the story and the thought, and this would even be excellent for children's lessons in preschool children's church classes.

I highly recommend this cute little book for your favorite preschooler-or as a gift to the church nursery or preschool departments. Its sturdy, so not easily destroyed, and the children will love it.

Armchair Interviews says: Great story for three to six year olds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Truths for Young Hearts, October 19, 2007
This review is from: If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart (Board book)
If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart, by Jill Roman Lord. Illustrated by Amy Wummer.

Jill Roman Lord's latest book, If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart, is a wonderful children's book filled with timeless truths. Through smooth, easy-to-read verse, the book shows children what a personal relationship with Jesus Christ looks like. It describes what a child with Jesus inside him might do in different scenarios, such as be a friend to a lonely child, apologize when wrong, share his gifts with others, and more. The last two pages remind us all that Jesus shows His love for others through us.

The illustrations are warm and friendly with a nice use of color. When my daughter and I read it together, she loved the page where the girl makes a mess during her bath in the bathroom. Maybe my daughter sees herself in that little girl's "oh no!" expression. My favorite page shows a little girl with pig-tails praying beside her bed, with a message assuring readers that once they invite Jesus into their hearts, He will never let them go. A simple verse about a concept filled with deep meaning. Jesus holding onto us forever: What could be better than that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Beutiful Book!, December 8, 2007
This review is from: If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart (Board book)
Beautifully illustrated book. Little ones will learn what they can look forward to when Jesus comes to live in their hearts. And the adults who read the book to them will stop and wonder, "Can other people tell that Jesus lives in my heart?" This was my thought.

Children also learn how God uses us. He uses all of our parts: our eyes to see needs, our mouth to apologize and offer encouragement, our arms to give hugs, our hands to give back rubs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Children's Book, August 17, 2011
This review is from: If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart (Board book)
This is a great story for children of all ages. I love how it teaches kids how Jesus taught us to be and that we reflect Jesus through our everyday actions. Good way to teach kids how to act toward people as well. Nice Illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart, October 29, 2008
This review is from: If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart (Board book)
Sometimes toddlers become frustrated when they want to help, but don't know how. Maybe we as their guide don't always know either! Through this rhyming text, they will begin to see that Jesus uses them in different ways to show that He does live inside their hearts, by the way they use their eyes, hands, mouths, arms, gifts and talents! The colorful pictures will also help them identify kind acts. Raking leaves with Daddy, or massaging Mom's shoulders. There is something for every little hand to do.

~Loretta from Christian Children's Book Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Favorite Bedtime Story for Our 3 Year Old, May 7, 2013
This review is from: If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart (Board book)
This may be the single best childrens book we have ever invested in for our boys. The theology is age appropriate for little ones, easy to understand and full of reassurance and encouragement. I love the pages where it lets them know that Jesus loves them even when they misbehave or make mistakes. A great read that my son asks for again and again, and we feel excited to keep turning his young heart to Jesus at such a tender age each and every time we read it. I highly recommend this book to any and all Christian parents and parents-to-be. In fact it may be the perfect item to gift at baby showers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-felt and Sweet!, June 20, 2011
This review is from: If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart (Board book)
This little book has been great for my 18 month old, and my 4 year old enjoys it still as well! The book's main purpose is to show how "If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart," my actions and feelings would (should!) demonstrate that He is alive inside of me. It's great for a 2-5 year old to talk about how even though we can't see Jesus with our eyes (until our faith becomes our eyes in heaven!), we can know Him intimately because He lives in us and helps us to make good choices and show mercy and kindness and forgiveness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loveable Book with BIG Heart!, January 9, 2011
This review is from: If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart (Board book)
This board book is great for my 2.5 year old. The message is great, the illustrations are great, but most importantly; they rhymes keep her interested! I've bought faith-based books in the past that my kids would shut the cover on me after one page, this is NOT one of those books! It is very often on the request list!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute book, but wasn't quite what I expected., February 19, 2013
J. Muth "thelegend" (Southeast, Colorado USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GIFT BOOK FOR CHILDREN IN YOUR LIFE, October 23, 2011
This is a perfect book to buy the little children in your life. I think it will be great to sit with grandchildren to read on a cozy afternoon or right before bedtime.

If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart
If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart by Jill Roman Lord (Board book - October 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $6.93