Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: If you fly with the crows...
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 16, 2011
'If you fly with the crows...' gives a hilarious and insightful look into the Scottish and, more specifically, Lanarkshire psyche. A great read, full of recognisable people, places and patter...and some exotic ones to boot. I couldn't put it down and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes a laugh and some adventure along the way.
on May 21, 2013
I do not find it hilarious, I find Rab annoying, the Scot dialect difficult to read, and the story line ridiculous. I wasted my before bed reading time and my lunch today trying to wade through a book that was a complete waste of my reading time. I did not finish this book, no plans to. It is not very often I give up on a book mistream, but this one just doesn't hold my attention.
I am puzzled at the number of good reviews.
on October 7, 2012
Humorous and significantly Scots novel I enjoyed reading although it didn't completely pull me in. It's tough reading modern Scots lingo, but rather fun once you wade through it. Good book really. And I'd never given any remote thought to people supporting soccer teams based on religion. I liked the quirkyness of the main characters, since in real life we are so flawed.
on October 21, 2012
(would like to give it 4.5 stars) I'm so glad I stuck with this one! Very unusual, very entertaining, very funny in an understated kind of way.

I *would like to see a good editor get ahold of it and add a few commas, do just a little bit o' tweakin' here and there...

(worth a good bit more than the .99 it's showing right now)
on July 10, 2012
I did not expect to like this book much when I read a synopsis, but I was intrigued from the start. A first person account written as the writer rather than just the character. I really enjoyed this approach. Captivating and quite witty, it is a fun read. I look forward to reading more by Mr. Sillars.
on May 19, 2014
I couldn't get past the first chapter, as the way this story was written in first tense was hard to read. I'm sure once I got past the 4th or 5th chapter and finally got to the point of the story, it would have picked up a bit, but to read 15 pages and still not get anywhere, was frustrating.
on December 30, 2012
I would have enjoyed this book more if I could have understood the Brogue lingo better. The story was crazy and funny at times. It is a tongue in cheek kind of story. It had a bit too much swearing for my taste. I would say it is more of a guys read.
on April 28, 2013
I enjoyed reading this book. Not the best but certainly not the worst. Entertaining and interesting. I would read more by this author.
on January 11, 2011
well done neal in embracing this new technology malarky. i even mamanged it , download was easy and i liked the format as i read it on my iphone.
the story was great neal and i enjoyed how you intertwined your scottish roots with the experience you have of travel and language.
well done and if your a prospective customer reading this prior to purchase dont hesitate it will make great poolside reading on holiday............. whats next!!!!
on February 6, 2012
Great, amusing read, told in first person by the unassuming yet realistic Rab Sinclair. As his school reunion approaches he decides being a shelf-stacker at Lidl is for the past and entrepreneurship is his future.