Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Igloo Quick and Cool Cooler (150-Quart, White)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Style Name: 150-Quart|Change

on August 8, 2012
Large Cooler for camping. It will keep ices for two days at 100 degree temps, but there is a fair amount of melting. We mainly use it for a beverage cooler at the lake. Weakness - cheap hinge/latch to hold the door close, broken by the second weekend. The living hinge is a poor design and inadequate for the designed purpose..

5 stars knocked down to 4 because of the latch

Going to call Igloo and ask for free replacements. Just called them, they are sending two free replacements. Great customer service just bad latch design.

IGloo
1800 364 5566
Mon - Fri 8AM - 8PM (Eastern Time)
LOCAL: 1-203-922-7500
FAX: 1-203-922-7555
on April 11, 2012
First off I paid 65.00 for this cooler which is a great price for it. I've never had to keep anything cold for longer than 2 days with this cooler so I can't say if it will hold ice for 4-5 days. I live in S FL so it gets pretty hot in the summer. The cooler keeps things cold well if you are not opening the lid frequently. When I know I'll be doing that I buy a few pieces of dry ice and put them in the cooler under the ice. Then I can open it is much as I want to. I replaced the cheap plastic front hold down snaps and cheap plastic rear hinges with stainless steel one's. I bought them here on Amazon and they are expensive. 15 bucks for a pair of stainless rear hinges (cooler takes 3 plastic ones) but you only need to replace the two outer hinges if you upgrade to stainless steel. The front Stainless latches I bought on Amazon too. They were around the same, 15 bucks. I replaced the cheap plastic strap inside the cooler that keeps the lid from falling too far backward with a piece of cable and stainless hardware. I bought a bottle opener on amazon and riveted it to the inside top access lid door. You open the small lid, grab a Corona and pop the cap which falls inside the cooler. I also bought a cutting board and mounted it to the top so when I clean fish or cut bait it doesn't damage the cooler lid and gives me a nice flat surface to filet on. Now the cooler is rock solid! It took about an hour and I spent about 50 bucks on all my modifications and an hour of time. The only thing you will NEED to do if you buy one of these is replace the front and rear hinges/clips because the cheap plastic ones will only last about as long as the ice... ;) Other than the hinges this cooler is a good one and for a few extra bucks it can be made into a great one.

Igloo Corporation 20018 Stainless Steel Latch
Stainless-Steel Hinges
Coors Light Starr X Wall Mount Bottle Opener
review image review image review image
88 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2015
Wow. I purchased this with the intent to make a rustic ice chest cooler. Here are the results...
review image review image review image
on April 20, 2012
I had the 100-quart, "5-day" cooler for a year or so and decided that I "needed" this 150-quart cooler in the event of a temporary power outage, since this larger cooler will keep ice for an amazing SEVEN days in a 90 degree environment. My cooler was purchased from AMAZON, and it arrived in perfect condition. These coolers also serve well as small refrigerators when I'm getting stuff together for a large party. They easily keep food in the "safe zone" (below 40 degrees Fahrenheit) for a couple of days if necessary.
on June 25, 2013
^ That's what she said. I have used it on two camping trips so far. It held up like a champ. I recommend getting this model with the wheels. I ended up buying my wheels from igloo directly, but i spent more than the price with the wheels already on it. It gets really heavy filled with ice, beer, and food, (my girlfriend couldn't lift it) so the wheels come in really handy.
First trip was camping for 5 days, it kept everything cold the whole time. The trick is to fill it with ice all the way to the top. 2nd trip was carrying the beer for the river. and it was great. I will bring this to the beach many times in the future. It's great for large groups. We use this at work for holding enough soda's for the whole company to have 2 each.
on June 11, 2012
Took this on a week long fishing trip to hold the beer. Put 180 cans, three 1 gallon ice blocks, and 20+ gallons of ice cubes in this and the handles took the weight. I'm 330 lbs and I can sit on the lid with another person and the lid does not seem to stress.
on July 21, 2014
It's rated for 7 days. I added a gasket to the lid by installing window and door self adhesive gasket material and then I filled it with bags of ice, 3 blocks of ice, and several bags of dry ice. I headed out into the Uinta Basin (desert) for field work with day temps in the upper 90's. On the second day I opened it and the bags of ice were frozen together still from the dry ice. I would open the cooler once a day to remove ice for our water keg and food cooler. On the 5th day I removed to last two bags of ice and there was very little water in the bottom. I believe that this cooler would have had no problem with going the full 7 days and then maybe a day or two more had I completely filled it up. This is a hell of a deal compared to the $400+ coolers that are out there. This is probably the best choice in coolers if you are looking for a cooler to hold ice for long periods of time without paying for some over priced, hyped up bear toy.
on April 14, 2014
I use this one on my boat for holding fish, and some frozen bait. Does a very good job of keeping ice, and tough enough to last 10yrs on a boat in the sun. Had to replace my old one, due to not finding latches that would fit. Made in USA, great replacement parts available for this new line of coolers too. Already found new S.S. latches, and hinges here on Amazon. Highly recommend this cooler.
on December 19, 2015
I sure do love this cooler! I bought to fill with water and I piped a U shaped 3/4" pipe into the top back side of this cooler for my chickens to drink from. The U shaped pipe run's inside their run and I drilled holes in the bottom of the pipe for "chicken nipples". They are little waterers for the chickens to drink from. I am using a pond pump to circulate the water through the pipe and with this much water it doesn't freeze in the winter!!! My chickens always have water and I never have to check it :)! I did add a bottle of apple cider vinegar to the cooler water to kill anything in the water and also because it's good for animals. It kills worms inside chickens and it's even good for our dogs. This system has been in use for about 5 months now, so I think it's going to work, but I couldn't have done it without this awesome cooler!
on November 7, 2014
These are inexpensive coolers and I guess they're decent for the price. It's not uncommon for the cheap hinges, latches, or handles to break with normal use. I've had this for 2 summers and the handles only lasted one season before one of them broke.

Luckily replacement parts are cheap, too, but this will probably be the last cheap cooler I buy.