The book is the latest by a doctor who has done more than anyone else in the world to show the fallacy of Cholesterol Phobia.

Published on November 7, 2010 by eddie vos

1.0 out of 5 stars Is Dr. Ravnskov also ignoring the awkward?
OBSERVATIONAL EVIDENCE
1. Michael Brown and Joseph Goldstein discovered that the number of functional LDL receptors on the surface of cells, especially liver cells determines the level of LDL in the blood. If the receptors are defective or too few in number, LDL builds up in the blood instead of being taken into the cells. Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) is caused...
Published on January 28, 2011 by D.M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Intelligent Readers Questioning Cholesterol Fear, November 7, 2010

He hi-lights the fact that there are no studies showing that avoiding saturated fat and cholesterol is beneficial. In fact, there are many studies showing that dietary replacements may make health worse. Interestingly, people in the low blood-cholesterol groups in most studies die first, and often from diseases with long periods of suffering.

He makes an irrefutable case that that many with drug, food, research or other financial interests ignore and suppress the global evidence.

He shreds the cholesterol-lowering statin studies and illustrates the soft science, the soft endpoints and the conflicts of interests that are the rule in these trials. Give this book to your doctor if he/she wants to put you on a drug to lower your cholesterol. A worthwhile investment especially if you read the book first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cholesterol, the biggest misinformation in the history of health, March 8, 2011
If I should meet a person, that by doctors have been told to take pills against too high Cholesterol number, I will advice the person to read this, the latest book, from Uffe Ravnskov. Because this book is the newest concerning the biggest failure in medicine history, and contains nearly all about Cholesterol, compressed down into a small book.

In February 2 years ago, on my initiative, I and my wife went to the expensive RAM hospital, here I Chiang Mai, where all foreigners come, just to have a control of our health, most by measuring the blood. The result showed that my wife, here from Thailand, had the total of Cholesterol on 279, and mine only 196. And for that the doctor wanted my wife to start on pills, something like Statin, and besides other treatments in the hospital, to get the Cholesterol down under 200. And this treatment was started.

When I was in high school, back in the start of sixties, we in the news read and heard more and more about that it was bad to eat fat or eggs, and that this and having a Cholesterol number higher than 200 was the reason to that too many people died by heart attack. First years later we were told how the distribution between the god and the bad parts of the Cholesterol should be, I se that when looking in my old hospital journals.

But in Denmark, especially after my engineering education, I've received much science writings about, among other, that Asia is the place on Earth where people take most pills, and besides that the more pills that are taken the sooner the bacteria will chance, so that the pills by time will be ineffective. And besides nearly all pills have side effect, some very dad. So I started buying books concerning Cholesterol, and already after 2 month I advised my wife to stop taking these pills and going to the doctor, and telling why.

I've bought 10 books especially about Cholesterol (own more than 200 books concerning health, body, biology and so on) and January last year, as number 9, I bought Ravnskovs "Fat and Cholesterol are GOOD for you". After having read about it in the Danish news, where it came after the book was translated to Danish. I bought it, in English, and it was so good so that when Amazon in January this year informed me about the existence of the new book from Ravnskov, "Ignore the Awkward!" I immediately ordered it.

This book is so new and up to date concerning Cholesterol, and written by a person that in many years, as a neutral person, like a research person shall be, especially by reading reports, have been studying Cholesterol. And by that we get the most correct information concerning Cholesterol, and hereby learn that in nearly all cases having high Cholesterol is good. For example women having highest Cholesterol lives the longest. Quit opposite to what the doctors told my wife.

And besides one interesting thing mentioned, which I did not know, that I 1985 two persons got Nobel price for something concerning Cholesterol witch later turned out to be wrong..

And in the book Ravnskov also writes about Duane Gravelines story told in the book "Statin Drugs Side Effects", a good book that I bought last year.

And on the last side Ravnskov tells about the B (B12), C and D vitamins. Good information to the readers about these 3 vitamins which science trough time go on finding more and more necessary. In Denmark they talk about maybe this year to start putting D in the food, because 80 % of persons living I Denmark get to little sunshine, and thereby D vitamin.

And by Ravnskovs mention of the C vitamin I started thinking about Linus Paulings: "Vitamin C the Common Cold and the Flu", which I bought in 1981, I remember how the medical industry, after that book, went against Linus Pauling, and even told people that they could die by getting too much C vitamin. Of course because the industry could not make patent on the C vitamin, and thereby earn much money. And this is exactly the same which is going on concerning Cholesterol, for which they earn billions of dollars each year, and don't want to loose the customers. Not taking care fore that people die by taking pills against Cholesterols.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for folks with high cholesterol !!!, November 7, 2010
I have read Dr Ravnskov's other books "The Cholesterol Myths" and "Fat and Cholesterol are good for you" which are OUTSTANDING and this one is also.He does a very good job explaining how we are mislead by the medical community into believing we are sick and need to be treated just because we have elevated cholesterol.It is astonishing to me that after reading this very well organized book how anyone could believe in the cholesterol theory but the medical community sure does.He adds a little humor from time to time also.This book is not Dr Ravnskov's opinion but a careful and lengthy summary of many scientific articles the author has taken the time to read and sort through.This process alone must have taken years to perform.He presents all the evidence much like a court prosecutor and lets you the jury decide if cholesterol is guilty of causing heart attacks.I know I would decide not guilty.It is very important for people like Ravnskov,Kendrick,McCully and THINCS to keep the pressure on the medical community and try to expose the many fallacies and falsehoods that are kept alive by drug companies and the medical community as a whole.The message is being heard because my doctor just retired and his replacement tried to statinize me and when I told him no he said there is a lot of negative publicity about statins these days but don't believe them, people who take statins live longer than people who do not.More and more articles are being written about the hazards of statins and I think things will change.This is a must read book with new information not contained in his last book.I highly recommend it!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the Awkward, January 25, 2011
This is must read book! The drug companies are literally killing us in the name of profit for them and their shareholders. The author goes over countless "studies" and how they were flawed. He provides the actual study names so you can look them up for yourself. The drug companies will spin their information anyway they can to get you to believe them. My doctor couldn't understand why I didn't want to take a statin and this explained it to him. He has began taking his other patients off statins also. You will want to share this information with everyone you know. And they need to know for their own good health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done by Dr. Ravnskov.., August 22, 2011
I've read Dr. Uffe Ravnskov's other two books; Cholesterol Myths and Fat and Cholesterol are Good For You.

Having had a doctor try to put me on a Lipitor Prescription 10 years ago, I was fortunate to have discovered Dr. Ravnskov's research. I was obsessed with Fat and Cholesterol until discovering it is all just a bad myth. Since then, I've actually increased my intake of fat and cholesterol. Ten years later, I feel better than ever and could care less what my LDL, HDL, etc..are.

It looks like reviewer, D.M., not only Ignores the Awkward, but has completely ignored Dr. Ravnksov's book altogether. He recites and regurgitates all of the very same lies and misleading garbage that Dr. Uffe Ravnskov successfully refutes in all three of his books. His attempt to mislead serves as the perfect example of what the book says: Ignore the Awkward (Just keep repeating the same mistaken propaganda and exaggerations)

Ignore the Awkward is a great and truthful book, but you DO have to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly informative, December 31, 2011
The book is thoroughly informative and well documented. The fellow who wrote the one-star, many-pages-long rant about it has apparently not READ "Ignore the Awkward," or he could not have made some of the assertions he did (not in clear conscience, at least). And his citation of the hundred-year lifespan of cholesterol-hypothesis leader Ancel Keys as support for the hypothesis is preposterous on its face. By that argument, we should all drink and smoke cigars all our lives -- like George Burns, who also lived to one hundred. Frankly, given the weight of the anti-cholesterol movement and its institutional standing, I approached Dr. Ravenskov's book with some skepticism. That skepticism was dispelled page by page, analysis by analysis, documentation by documentation. Recommended reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars battle for reality, March 15, 2012
Uffe Ravnskov, like me, saw in medical news and wherever nutrition was discussed, unreality. Both of us delved deep into whatever sources were available in a search for reality. I wrote a book titled HONEST NUTRITION which the reader might judge to be the work of an amateur. It is. But I found much the same information as Ravnskov, a real scientist.
Ravnskov examined many reports and the scientific studies behind them, and found disconnection, obfuscation, wishful thinking and outright deceit, though he didn't use those terms. That, unfortunately, is the nature of nutritional information. I call it nutrition babel.
I attended an "Interventional Cardiologist" seminar, praising the glories of statin drugs. The way the doctor presented the statistics sounded great, if one overlooked the obfuscation. People are expected to believe, and many do, that they are in imminant danger of heart attacks if they do not use these drugs, keep cholesterol as low as possible and avoid saturated fat like a plague. As I evaluated the numbers presented, I thought I should never find such drugs usedful. That was the best cardiologists can do with the most positive of their studies, while ignoring less positive and negative studies of statins.
I have heard over and over that "There are thousands of studies showing the dangers of saturated fats and cholesterol, and the benefits of lowerng cholesterol. "Thousands" must be an exaggeration, but I wonder why they would even need dozens. If one study strongly supports a position, it may take 2 or 3 more to confirm it, but when many studies seek answers to the same question, something else is happening.
Real science seeks an answer to a question, yes or no. In nutrition, a particular answer is sought, and that is not "no." If a study fails to produce 'yes,' then another study is needed, -- and another, and another. That is the nature of the massive resources that have gone into one study after another seeking to prove that saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease. There is no end, because the results are not satifactory for the purpose.
I do not have Ravnskov's ability to examine and evaluate many studies, but my lesser efforts reach similar conclusions, and quite different from the claims made by statin proponents.
with almost every medical provider in the country making money from the cholesterol myths, and drug companies making tens of billions, a few voices like Ravnskov are ignored. The key sentence in his book is on page 103: "The sad story is that nobody reacted."
I attended Weston A. Price Foundation conventions, and saw thousands of healthy people who eat saturated fat, don't worry about cholesterol, and overwight is rare. I am 80, in perfect health, and eat heartily with lots of eggs and fat meat. That is so different from years ago when I believed what I had learned in medical school. I foolishly went three months once on a zero-fat diet.

I read the 1-star comment by "D.M." Very well done, and worthy of study. I wonder, though, about a scientist with such ability leaving us wondering who he is. I wonder if D.M. is short for ADM, or if he is in the employ of Merck. At least with Ravnskov, and me, who we are is not hidden. we search for reallity, profits are small if any, but a great benefit comes in knowing we have right motives, and likely are finding reality.
Ira Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything Is Awkward When It Comes To Perpetuating The Cholesterol Myths, November 30, 2011
Internationally-renowned scientist Dr. Uffe Ravnskov has written a compelling new book challenging the scientific process that allows the cholesterol con to continue on called Ignore The Awkward: How the Cholesterol Myths Are Kept Alive. Dr. Ravnskov has long been known and respected as one of the world's leading voices of opposition to the anti-cholesterol apologists out there and he has the solid evidence to back him up. You can't help but love how he knocks down all the myths one by one and is helping people realize just how duped we've really been.

In this book, Dr. Uffe Ravskov describes how and why the cholesterol myth lives on:

- The continued myths that pervade our culture about cholesterol
- Facts that are conveniently ignored about people with high cholesterol
- How to treat someone who has familial hypercholesterolemia (genetically high cholesterol)
- Why he decided to call his brand new book Ignore The Awkward
- Why he believes the researchers have been deliberately lying about cholesterol
- The extreme difficulty for scientists to no longer support the cholesterol hypothesis
- How doctors are able to blatantly ignore any contradictory evidence about cholesterol
- What purpose there is in their desire to exaggerate insignificant study results
- How they explain away the awkward results by ignoring them or saying the opposite happened
- How scientists have been able to lie convincingly about cholesterol to deceive the public
- The influence of the work of Gary Taubes that led him to examine historical studies further
- Why it's so easy for scientists to ignore any alternative explanations
- Why he says the cholesterol theory is "the greatest scandal in history"
- How the scientists are able to ignore the critics
- What arguments about cholesterol that are no longer working
- His confrontation with Unilever who refused to debate him on television
- The industrial tricks that are used to influence American medical journals
- What role low levels of Vitamin C and Vitamin D play in developing heart disease
- Why black people need to be taking more Vitamin D than anyone else
- Why we need to have more studies conducted on Vitamin C
- How homocysteine levels rise in the body and whether it's important or not

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Information, February 13, 2012
ROY S HANSEN (Greenwood Village, CO, US) - See all my reviews
Just what I needed to confirm my suspicions about high cholesterol. My cholesterol is just barely above normal and the Doc wants to put me on statins "as a preventative measure to keep them from going up higher just to be sure". Well forget it Doc!

This book is documented well and presents the real facts. In this day and age of medical exuberance, it's imperative to do your own research about your own health - trust no-one... not even your own Doctor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Ignore the awkward! How the cholesterol myths are kept alive (Kindle Edition)
It's an eye-opening exploration of the "scientfic" methods used by the establishment which continues to make bad pubic health policies, especially regarding nutrition.

Rate and Discover Movies