Igo keyboard and iphone Does anyone out there know whether the IGO keyboard works with the Iphone. The literature talks only broadly about PDA's
asked by Patrick K. Ryan on August 28, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
It can be if you jailbreak your iPhone. There is a downloadable BT stack in Cydia that provides BT keyboard functionality.
N. Fusman answered on December 27, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It works now with ios 4.
Soldier answered on July 11, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Works fine with iOS4
Luxor answered on August 4, 2010

A
Just got one. Works great with iphone4. I have had no problems with reconnecting once it times out (keyboard shuts off after 5 mins of inactivity to conserve battery). I just hit the space bar a few times and within seconds it reconnects - even auto turns my iphone screen back on. The shortcut keys don't work (function+calendar or contacts or notes). This is because there is no longer support as it is no longer manufactured (i.e. no drivers for iphone). But the basic keyboard functions all work well! I love it!
Dancer answered on November 23, 2010

A
Nope
RikWallin answered on December 10, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can you be more specific on the 'stack.' I am not very Cydia literate... I have a jailbroken iphone but am new to smart phones.
J. Tu answered on March 4, 2010

A
It works on my iPhone 3GS iOS4 but when it times out after not using it for a few minutes it is very difficult to reconnect. Am I missing a trick to reconnecting?
HDoug answered on September 28, 2010

A
works perfect with the iPhone, jailbroken or not.
Norman answered on October 19, 2010

A
Yes works fine with my iPhone 4. Easy set up, good design. Basically inputs text and allows basic navigation. Remembers or rather works with the suggestion function, though I type faster than that. <B>You can use html for formatting</b>

These all work as is:
Arrow keys, with shift down as extend selection
Alt arrows left/right move by word, with shift down as extend selection by word left/right
Alt arrows up/down move by paragraph, with shift down as extend selection to line beginning/end
Ctrl arrows left/right move to beginning/end of line
Ctrl arrows up/down move to beginning/end of document
Backspace/delete as backspace
Caps lock
Tab

These all work using the function key combos:
~!@#$%^&*(){}
1234567890[]
~\|

Don't work:
Page up/down
Home/end
Numlock
All currencies except $
All others with function combinations
Windows key (duh)

Be careful however, when you flip this little number out among a bunch of other geeks you will become the alpha-geek, but only for a while. This can be addictive and may lead you to look for other gadgets to maintain your alpha-geek status. This can get expensive.
R. Lewis answered on June 9, 2011

A
How did you get the driver on the iPhone4 (I just got a 4S)? Browsing to www.thinkoutside.com doesn't bring up the driver screen - it forwards right though to the corporate page (corporate.igo.com). I also searched in the App Store and didn't find an iGo app.

Any suggestions?
M. Lyons answered on October 14, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product