4.0 out of 5 stars Great cord, not accurately described.
This is a great cord, I am using it with a metal pendant lamp. Works great, but the head of it is not black it is white, which actually was preferable. The cord is not 15" long, it is 15' long, yes, FIFTEEN FEET. Slight difference there.
Published 21 months ago by Target Addict

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't Work For Converting a Drum Shade To Hanging Lamp
Published 3 months ago by mizjean

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cord, not accurately described., December 8, 2012
This review is from: Ikea(r) Hemma Cord Set 15'5" Long with 2 Ceiling Hooks, white (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ikea Hemma Cord, August 14, 2013
A fine lamp socket with a very long and useful 15 foot cord. Even better when you purchase directly from Ikea for only $5 (regular price, not a sale price or special offer). Also note this is available from Ikea with a black or white cord to suit your decor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid light set, December 18, 2012
I decided to get this because I knew the IKEA brand and I think most of their stuff is actually pretty quality stuff. This did not disappoint. I bought a bird cage at an antique mall and wanted to turn it into a hanging lantern (my husband put it up for me and he might have used different ceiling hanging tools because the bird cage weighed a little more than what they recommend). I bought a round light bulb and this cord and it looks great. The cord is nice and long. I only wish it came with some type of switch. Instead I have to plug and unplug the light. But overall, a great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't Work For Converting a Drum Shade To Hanging Lamp, May 22, 2014
Please be Aware, this won't work with most lamp shades. It sounded like such a neat idea, so I bought several to use for converting drum shades to hanging lamps. After hours of frustration trying to make it work, I finally gave up and will return them. What they don't tell you is that these have a EURO fitting, which is too big for US shades that have a UNO fitting.. So unless you also buy an Ikea shade, it wont work. It might be jerry-rigged someway, but there is no nice professional-looking way it can be done. If anyone has figured out a way I would love to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Wire and Fixture, December 2, 2013
Kova (Suffern, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Like the length, you never know where you want to hang this in relation to an available outlet. Hooks and directions also very thoughtful and useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY REVIEW FOR THE HEMMA CORD, November 4, 2013
MY REVIEW--because for the lighting projects I have going, they are just perfect and much easier to use than going to the store and getting all separate pieces and putting them together.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, September 22, 2013
This plug works exactly as you would expected to. It's nice and thick, so it'll fit into the hook of a paper lantern perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, September 8, 2013
I LOVE THIS ITEM FOR PAPER LANTERS.
VERY EFFICIENT AND SAFE
I RECOMEND IT TO THOSE WHO ARE HANGING PAPER LANTERS
VERY GOOD QUALITY

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as Described, February 11, 2013
Quixotic (Albuquerque, NM USA) - See all my reviews
Excellent lamp cord. Supports the shade and the bulb exactly as described. The hooks were easy to attach to the ceiling and hold the lamp securely. The look is casual and functional.

I decided to unpack it and try to get the kinks out before I attached it to the ceiling, but the folded areas are still apparent. If anyone has advice on how to get it to look straight I would appreciate it!

3.0 out of 5 stars No on/off switch!, May 24, 2013
I bought this to use over my desk but I should have read the other reviews first. It is a quality item but has no on/off switch. You have to unplug it to turn it off-rather anoying. It has a thick round cord so I don't think you could add a in-line switch. I am returning this and ordering a different cord.

Rate and Discover Movies