Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 26, 2009
I got my copy November 25.

I experienced the concert live in Melbourne in October 2009, at the tail end of the tour. The performance was polished and near perfect. The extra visuals (lighting, video) was a little distracting at times, grabbing your eye when you felt you should have been focusing on Il Divo. The sound was amongst the best at any concert; maybe a little loud when there would be impact in any case, but all of this is quickly forgiven and I don't remember ringing in my ears afterwards. At times, it was hard to believe the vocals and the band were live; the sound seemed too good.

With my recent memories of the concert, it's hard not to make comparisons when watching what turns out to be a much earlier concert, presented in Hi Def clarity on Blu-ray, where details don't go unnoticed. The guys do not appear to flow as naturally as I remember, and my wife thought the same thing. They just don't seem as comfortable and I got the sense they were having a much better time months later and enjoying themselves more. Maybe that's a disadvantage of filming early in the tour with the advantage of having a product that can be released while the tour remains fresh? I won't dwell on this, but if you attended a show late in 2009, you'll probably appreciate what I'm saying. Simply, they appear a little more serious and obvious about their markers and what direction they should be looking. Compared to months later, they don't seem to be having as much fun or be as relaxed.

As expected, the sound is beautiful. To that, the only real criticism (?) is that audience noise at times may be a little too detailed; you can hear the occasional individual chatter, but maybe this is part of the clarity the producers want for you? With regard to the visuals, there is not so much focus on the lighting and surrounding video and the stage presence of the band to distract you but you get a very good sense of the "artistic vision". This was well done and watching it on video helps to absorb some of the detail that may have been missed on the night.

Have you seen Il Divo - Live at the Greek Theatre? That is available at most retailers in the bargain bin. At least now the justification becomes apparent. If I had nothing else to compare it with, I would not likely be as harsh, but to compare that effort with the Barcelona concert it becomes obvious that Il Divo have matured in the best possible way and this latest release has taken a quantum leap over previous DVD only offerings.

If you went to the concert, I know you're going to buy this and love every minute of it. You will groan that the "extras" last about 10 minutes, but I would argue that is all that is required. The whole concert is faithfully reproduced, albeit without the intermission and obvious encore interlude. And I love the fact that the editing doesn't make me feel like some of the audience should have their own credits!

If you like Il Divo but haven't yet forked out for a CD or DVD to call your own, start with this concert. FIVE STARS because it has all of their best material, the difference from show to studio is not worth arguing, there are some new songs and this is by far the best presention to date. And you never know... There is a good chance you might even become a fan and finally "get" what all that hype is about!
on January 31, 2010
The newest CD/DVD of the mega hit group IL DIVO is to die for. I saw them in concert in Portland Oregon and I have to say that though this DVD is fabulous, nothing beats seeing them live.

The sound and lighting were great and of course the men were terrific. You could tell at times though that they didn't seem as quick on the lyrics, but I didn't notice anything like that when I saw them in concert.

With old favorite such as My Way and Mama, but new renditions of old favorites such as A Bridge Over Troubled Water and the incomparable song The Impossible Dream, the newest edition of musical delights brought to us from IL DIVO will leave your heart pounding and you feet swinging on La Vida Sin Amor.

A great buy for an IL DIVO fan and I look forward to seeing them again and also purchasing anything that they put out.
on December 11, 2009
This is the best Il Divo performance we have seen so far. We own most of the Il Divo DVDs. The group was truly connected with the Barcelona audience. The song selections were great and performed in the typically superb Il Divo harmony. One thing I will have to comment on is I probably would have been just as satisfied with a standard DVD played on an upconvert DVD player using HDMI as with the Blu-ray version that I got. I found the video to be rarely of Blu-ray quality. This is a great DVD regardless of whether you go for the Blu-ray or standard DVD format. Its the performance that counts and Il Divo delivered.
on December 21, 2012
My wife has been an Il Divo fan since she first saw them on Good Morning America when the were first formed. We have not missed an II Divo concert in Atlanta, the venue keeps getting larger. The setting in Barcelona for this DVD is scenic which only makes the songs sung by Il Divo ever more entertaining!
on September 1, 2010
I also saw them live including the Meet and Greet in Los Angeles last year. We were in the second row with a lot of eye contact and interaction - it was WONDERFUL!! So I was really looking forward to "reliving" the experience with this DVD. I agree with the other reviewers who also had seen this concert live - this performance was NOT as good as their later performances being it was recorded early in the tour and we were almost at the very end of the American leg. But that aside - if you were not lucky enough to have been at one of these concerts, this is a very good alternate. Il Divo is one of the most exciting and talented groups to come down the pipeline in many, many years. I still get chills when they enter one of their famous crescendos and never tire of listening to them. I have every single CD and DVD they have released to date and am anxiously awaiting their next effort. If you want truly extraordinary singing and composition, try this concert. I rated this DVD five stars even though it was not as polished as the live performance I saw - mainly because if I hadn't had the comparison, I would have loved it even more.
VINE VOICEon December 24, 2011
Il Divo: An Evening with Il Divo - Live in Barcelona [Blu-ray]. A wonderful experience to hear and see these men perform. Incredible voices and good background. You will enjoy sharing this with your friends.
on February 10, 2010
In this concert Il Divo signers offer a serious performance like they did in "Encore". And the songs are great. The best tune perhaps is "Adagio" which, to my knowledge, has always been instrumental music.

We have invited numerous friends to come and view this concert and a delightful success each time.

Blu-Ray Video and DTS HD MA audio are the best.
on January 30, 2010
Gosh, where do I start? It was wonderful! Since my husband and I saw Il Divo in concert last summer we were really looking forward to seeing this DVD which we ordered from Amazon.com. We were not disappointed in what we saw. It was basically the exact same concert we saw so for us it was like reliving the whole thing. We bought the Blu Ray version and I think we would have been just as happy with the regular DVD cut. It just didn't seem Blu Ray quality to us as opposed to other Blu Ray discs we have seen. That does not, however, take away from the concert itsef. I would highly recommend this concert footage to anyone who is an Il Divo fan and if you are trying to convert someone to become an Il Divo fan here is your chance. It was nice to see the guys from different stage angles as opposed to where we were seated during the actual concert. They put their hearts and souls into every song they sing and it shows in the quality of their music. I can't wait for them to come back to Houston again. In the mean time I will just watch this disc again and again when I need my Il Divo "fix". Check it out - you won't be disappointed!!
on April 23, 2013
This is really great concert, worthy of even the best home theater sound systems. The recording mix is spot on, and the performances are outstanding. These guys are very talented.

Two minor nit-picks: They seem very proud of themselves (and it shows in their dialogue), plus they failed to acknowledge or thank their superb instrumental back-up, without which the concert would not have been possible. Unless I missed this gesture, it was a major oversight (and maybe even a bit arrogant) on their part to neglect it.
on April 14, 2010
The price was close to that of the CD and had nearly double the songs so we purchased it. What a surprise! The quality of the picture and the SURROUND SOUND were incredible. The interactions of the cast with the audience and with each other and the additional songs were wonderful.

I can't comment enough about the better quality made this DVD a bargain. I highly recommend it.