5.0 out of 5 stars The Infidel Dogs Review of ILFORD 35mm B&W Film
Published on January 6, 2010 by Darrell Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
First time using this film and was satisfied.
Published 4 months ago by Karen

5.0 out of 5 stars The Infidel Dogs Review of ILFORD 35mm B&W Film, January 6, 2010
This review is from: Ilford 1574577 HP5 Plus, Black and White Print Film, 135 (35 mm), ISO 400, 36 Exposures (Electronics)
A great Quality B&W 35mm Film at an affordable price on Amazon. I have used this film under varying conditions and it has never let me down. I am an amature photographer, been taking photos for over 40 years. I LIKE this film. I like the finished results from the darkroom as well. It has proven to be a winner for me, from combat photography, to family vacations, under both Controlled and very Adverse Climate Conditions, Just a Great professional looking Black and White Photo Experience. I recommend it to amature and professional alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmatched grain! Fantastic!, March 28, 2012
Well folks, I don't know about you but I am stocking up on my favorite films, and FAST. I couldn't find the HP5+ PRINT film on Ilford's website, so I'm not sure if they have stopped making it, or maybe it's just not featured. Either way, it's a good time to stock up, and film keeps past it's expiration date.

The Ilford HP5+ is an EXCELLENT all-around film, with fine grain, sharp images, and most of all it responds very well to push-processing. There really isn't much more you could ask for in a film. It currently is priced very closely to other Ilford films of less quality (Delta comes to mind) so for this price and free Amazon shipping, you better swoop it up quick!

PROS
- Fine grain
- Sharp images
- Beautiful contrast
- Easy to develop
- Responds well to push-processing

CONS
- Only comes in 400 (although it works well in all lighting!)

OVERALL
Grab a roll, shoot develop and print it, and you will see the amazing difference this film makes! Definitely recommended to any photographer, but I challenge you to bring this on a special shoot that you want to make prints from...you will be amazed! Take a look at the customer images for some examples of the results I got with this film recently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film I've ever used!, February 13, 2013
Step aside, Kodak!
For years I've used Kodak films, and quite honestly, I do like them still, (particularly the TMAX 400 films), but there's something about the quality of my photos when I use this particular film that I just love. The images are much crisper, the contrast levels are always on point, and nothing ever seems to go wrong when I develop these rolls. I'm a huge Ilford fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars 35mm film, May 22, 2013
As far as I am concerned, this is the British equivalent to Tri-X. Same ISO and grain characteristics in D23 with a Kodalk second bath. Two step development. Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Film, August 28, 2011
I bought this film because my photography teacher told me that there was no true black and white like real black and white film. Being the great student I was, I picked up a maxxum film camera, whose lenses are compatible with my Sony camera. Turns out my photography teacher was right! This film has a PERFECT grain to detail ratio. Although developing it is quite expensive ( $20.00 per roll) I still enjoyed the pictures I got back from this film. In fact, if film weren't so expensive I'd put my DSLR down for good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great exposures and great grain., April 13, 2011
Got two rolls of this for my Canon EOS Rebel 2000. They came out great, and provided that grain and grit I love in black and white photos. I have always used Ilford film for black and white, and it has yet to provide anything but quality photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality film for cheap!, March 10, 2011
This film was very cheap but it works amazing! I have shot beautiful rolls and they turned out amazing! I highly recommend this film and this seller, the film was received promptly in very good condition. Thanks!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Get it if you love grains, January 25, 2014
it gave me a very fine grains on every image that I scanned.... so in love with this film..... can't argue more

5.0 out of 5 stars Ilford HP5 Plus B&W 35mm Film, October 4, 2008
This film is perfect. loads easily, advances like a dream. No issues with development in the darkroom! Students should buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for B&W slides., December 23, 2013
I've never had this film processed into negatives, so I can't speak for that. I send it to the DR5 lab in Denver Colorado for reversal processing(slides). It has super fine grain and holds shadow details well. If you want to try DR5 for slides, READ their site. Only certain films can be processed this way and many need to be shot at a different ISO than their native ISO for DR5 process!!