Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 28, 2012
Well folks, I don't know about you but I am stocking up on my favorite films, and FAST. I couldn't find the HP5+ PRINT film on Ilford's website, so I'm not sure if they have stopped making it, or maybe it's just not featured. Either way, it's a good time to stock up, and film keeps past it's expiration date.

The Ilford HP5+ is an EXCELLENT all-around film, with fine grain, sharp images, and most of all it responds very well to push-processing. There really isn't much more you could ask for in a film. It currently is priced very closely to other Ilford films of less quality (Delta comes to mind) so for this price and free Amazon shipping, you better swoop it up quick!

PROS
- Fine grain
- Sharp images
- Beautiful contrast
- Easy to develop
- Responds well to push-processing

CONS
- Only comes in 400 (although it works well in all lighting!)

OVERALL
Grab a roll, shoot develop and print it, and you will see the amazing difference this film makes! Definitely recommended to any photographer, but I challenge you to bring this on a special shoot that you want to make prints from...you will be amazed! Take a look at the customer images for some examples of the results I got with this film recently.
review image review image review image
on January 6, 2010
A great Quality B&W 35mm Film at an affordable price on Amazon. I have used this film under varying conditions and it has never let me down. I am an amature photographer, been taking photos for over 40 years. I LIKE this film. I like the finished results from the darkroom as well. It has proven to be a winner for me, from combat photography, to family vacations, under both Controlled and very Adverse Climate Conditions, Just a Great professional looking Black and White Photo Experience. I recommend it to amature and professional alike.
on February 13, 2013
Step aside, Kodak!
For years I've used Kodak films, and quite honestly, I do like them still, (particularly the TMAX 400 films), but there's something about the quality of my photos when I use this particular film that I just love. The images are much crisper, the contrast levels are always on point, and nothing ever seems to go wrong when I develop these rolls. I'm a huge Ilford fan.
on December 14, 2015
Ilford films are always top notch, the HP five is no different. This film is not terribly noisy at 400 ISO and offers fantastic deep and rich blacks and shadows. The contrast is a bit high which in some instances is what I prefer for my photography.
on March 18, 2016
This Ilford film has decent grain structure, though not the sharpest grain for this film speed. I think it doesn't
quite have the contrast as the Kodak equivalent, but it does have good tonal range for the grays. Good
all around film to use when you need the high speed film for a wide range of situations.
on August 28, 2011
I bought this film because my photography teacher told me that there was no true black and white like real black and white film. Being the great student I was, I picked up a maxxum film camera, whose lenses are compatible with my Sony camera. Turns out my photography teacher was right! This film has a PERFECT grain to detail ratio. Although developing it is quite expensive ( $20.00 per roll) I still enjoyed the pictures I got back from this film. In fact, if film weren't so expensive I'd put my DSLR down for good!
on October 1, 2012
I had never purchased Ilford film until my second Photography class at college. The film was recommended by my photography professor. It was a delight to load this into my Pentax K1000 and go out a shot, then come back and learn how to process and develop my own film. It was like magic before my eyes. Ilford makes remarkable film with rich tones and contrast. Highly recommended.
on March 10, 2011
This film was very cheap but it works amazing! I have shot beautiful rolls and they turned out amazing! I highly recommend this film and this seller, the film was received promptly in very good condition. Thanks!!
on October 15, 2014
Prestigious B&W film, produces great tones. Can only be developed in B&W chemistry, so do not take this to your local C-41 processing drugstore. They may tell you that they can process B&W film the same way that they process color film, but they are talking about chromogenic B&W film, and this cannot be processed in C-41.
on December 3, 2015
I really like this stuff. I've pushed it to 800 and 1600, and I really like the contrast. Box speed is great also. If you want great black and white photographs, I still think film is the way to go.