5.0 out of 5 stars High Speed Fun!!, June 12, 2008
Tom LePen (Bronx, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ilford 1887710 DELTA 3200 Professional, Black and White Print Film, 135 (35 mm), ISO 3200, 36 Exposures (Electronics)
I recently shot a roll of Delta 3200 in various light situations, indoors and outdoors, around my hometown of NYC.

All I can say is that this film produces some extraordinary images. The grain of Ilford's 3200 is beautiful and surreal, the tones are also beautiful....the composition is up to you though!! Approach shooting 3200 in a different way than any other film, color or B&W.

I used a red filter on all the shots and in some shots, stacked a 2 stop ND filter, especially outdoors in bright light. I would recommend being careful about your metering and EV as to not blow out highlights....which such a light sensitive film is quite susceptible to.

Gotta get more. Highly recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars this is nearly always in my camera, June 11, 2012
I've tried nearly every black and white film still available from Kodak and Ilford. I always end up back at Delta 3200. I don't shot enough volume such that I can load a particular roll for a particular day. I usually have to choose an ISO, and then commit to that over several days. I don't shoot enough during the daytime to be able to commit to ISO 100 or ISO 400, so I usually settle on 3200. I prefer the grain of Delta 3200 compared to pushing other films to ISO 3200.

The drawback is that since this is such a sensitive film, shooting in the daylight becomes problematic. (I favor large aperture lenses.) You should use a colored filter to increase contrast in black and white, but this is often not enough. Using an ND filter is strongly recommended (though you can get by with a polarizer. It does much the same thing for less.)

I'll buy other rolls of film if I know that I have a special event in mind, but Delta 3200 is what I stock to keep on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff's the best!, November 19, 2011
I was an 35mm photographer for 30 years. For low light conditions Delta 3200 is the best. I've gone digital, but I have yet to achieve anything like what I got with this stuff. I may have to go 35mm at night.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3200 ISO B & W film, July 22, 2012
High quality professional black and white film produces great quality photos of which I have made many reprints and enlargements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great high speed film, December 19, 2012
I love to shoot in low light with no flash.
This film is perfect for that. I've pushed it to one stop with great results.
Great contrast and tones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versitale Film, February 14, 2014
I love this stuff. It's kind of a jack of all trades film for me, very flexible. This is a push film, you can shoot it from 400 all the way up to 3200. I shoot this a lot at 1600 in the day with a red 25 and maybe stack ND.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for night time shots-the REAL reason to buy this film., January 14, 2013
For night time shooting and low light shooting, I recommend this film highly, as it does what it's supposed to do-SHOOT AT NIGHT TIME AND IN LOW LIGHT. Other reviewers here have mentioned using it during the day and with filters, but unless that day is overcast and grey, and is quite stormy, or unless said shooting is at dusk, to me it doesn't make much sense (although you can shoot with it by setting the ISO from 100-400.) For me, using this film to get shots of the city at night is one of the best reasons to load it in your camera (make sure it's a SLR that's able to adjust the film to what ever level you want, or you can always use an automatic that goes from 100-800 ISO only for daytime, as I've found it to be somewhat grainy) or to take pictures during low lighting conditions (parties, intimate gatherings, photo shoots, sci-fi masquerades, or anything else that you don't want or can't use flash in.) All around, a great film to use when you're involved in film photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this film!, April 19, 2013
I started taking a basic film photography class and we worked with 125 iso and 400 iso film by Ilford. When it came time to do my low light assignment, I had to try this film. My instructor said he would love to see what I came up with, but that he would figure most of my shots would be grainy. I was amazed at the pictures I produced! I loved everyone! I was amazed at my low light pictures!! My instructor was also, but he did noticed some shots a little grainy, but it worked out well overall. I have to try more with this film and make more dramatic pictures! It was fun to try and I love it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Remember not to buy Film in Summer, September 15, 2014
Great film - I will only make one WARNING. Nothing against the film - but don't order film online during SUMMER! the tempeture of the film is important and all the film I bought was basically damaged because of how hot it got in my mail box. Nothing against the maker - it's totally MY fault. But just a warning.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, December 26, 2012
it is hard to find that ISO! even more for a good price... great deal.
cant wait to use it